1983 5 speed chassis #47367 for sale on BAT | FerrariChat

1983 5 speed chassis #47367 for sale on BAT

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by JAnastas, Mar 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just adding the doc for chassis 47367... Looking at the service records a lot of $$$ work went into the car. Also, I notice a CA Bar sticker on the jamb which may make the car of interest to any CA buyer.

Cheers,

Sam

1983 Ferrari 400iGT
    Color: Rosso Nearco with Chocolate Interior
    Mileage: 63xxx Miles
    VIN: ZFFEB07B000047367
    Chassis: 47367

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Looks like a decent driver although the 412 they sold back in October was a lot nicer and it sold for $73,000 so it will be interesting to see what this one sells for.

3. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Just love the color..

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Not sure about the colour: it looks gorgeous on the pictures, but there is a blue cast on the shadows on the picture that looks dodgy (in the true sense of the word) to me. If one looks at the picture of the wheel arch, the colour is totally different from the rendering of the pictures taken in the photo studio. I would say that in real person, the car is less vivid.

Don't get me wrong that's a very nice colour combination for this car, but the rendering of the photo could be misleading. Fixing the upholstery is likely to be challenging: patching black leather would be a no-brainer, a more natural colour such as this one is harder to match.

Overall, car looks a bit tatty, but a lot of maintenance was performed in 2005 (pistons, valve guides, transmission to name a few), so this could be an unpolished gem. Just curious at the sort of price this car is going to fetch.

Schumi likes this.
  5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Walked under this car a few weeks ago while it was up on the lift. It seemed pretty right. Amazingly quiet though when started and driven out of the garage (based on my thoughts of what a proper 12 vintage Ferrari sounds like). In person, the paint is OK, not tremendous, but not terrible.

edit. Now that I think of it, did they not mask off the wheel wells when painting? That would annoy me as a client, but this paint is not "newer" so, who knows what was done back when it was prepped/painted.

6. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    I saw the paint in the wheel wells in the pics and thought the same thing...

19633500GT likes this.
  7. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    The interior also was rough now as I look at the pictures..
    Its nice the the engine and trans were done. Still more to go. Its going to need to be painted soon. Why try and live with an aging paint job when driving such a beauty around..Make it is as good as possible, I'd say..

8. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just a follow up... 47367 was a no sale at $48K USD (reserve not met).

Cheers,

Sam

9. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Dan had been asking $65K for this I think.

10. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    $65k seems about right to me for a 5-speed car in a great color combo, and all the work that's been done.

Seems like about half of the cars on BaT aren't selling these last few days.

11. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    What appears to be 4 loooong months later, the car is still being offered for sale on eBay without any takers, despite 158 'watchers'. Would the prolonged period of "No Sale" for this 400i be a case about the market on our cars, or does anyone think the issue would be specific to 47367? I would not want to be the seller of a relatively rare vehicle with 1,000's of views over the course of many months, and still keeping it listed for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Ferrari-Other/264295609894?hash=item3d893ef626%3Ag%3AUNUAAOSwt2Nct2TR&LH_ItemCondition=3000%7C1000%7C2500

12. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    I think these have softened a bit, but I am surprised it hasn't sold at $55k. I am guessing that if the seller put it on BaT, he would get at least $55k for it.

13. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Carguy246

It was listed on BAT a few months ago (March 2019 ... see the first post) and was bid to $48K USD and was not sold.

Perhaps March was too early in the season for BAT bidders? Hard to say. The car presents reasonably in the pictures with some "patina" and so it is odd that it has not sold by now. One can only infer that $55K is not the price level buyers are willing to pay for this car. Perhaps the market has softened as you suggested?.

Cheers,

Sam

14. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Sam,

Thanks for pointing that out. I must have missed it or forgotten.

I think the market has softened because the price seems pretty reasonable to me. I sold my 412 5-speed two years ago when the market was better. Also, my car was highly original and only had about 17k miles.

15. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    I think the venue for this car had a lot to do with the low bid. Patina and other interior needs of this car aside, I think BAT is never really kind to Ferraris, as opposed to, for example, air cooled 911s.

Unfortunately not a lot of data points for our cars, especially the 5 speeds, but Hagerty values for 365/400/412 do show a slight uptick, unlike many other Ferrari models which do show some softening. The uptick seems more pronounced for condition 1 & 2 cars, neither of which this car could be classified as.

Ruben

samsaprunoff and Schumi like this.
  16. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just a heads up that 47367 is now offered by Beverly Hills Card Club with an asking $67500 USD price:

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1983-ferrari-400i-5-speed-c-13107.htm

From the pics, it looks like the interior was refreshed since the BaT auction pics.

Cheers,

Sam

Il Tifoso likes this.
  17. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Looks like they only recovered front seats (with non-matching color/type material) and cleaned(?) rest of the interior a bit (Not that there's anything wrong with such approach).

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Very poor asking: here in Italy such a car asking is much higher

ciao

19. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Alberto,

Understood, however, prices are very much based upon a car's condition and this one has had a number of issues documented on here and so this could explain the current asking price? Secondly, the selling dealer has a somewhat checkered reputation which could also affect the asking price and/or potential buyers. With that said, can you provide a baseline for the asking prices in Italy for a 400i GT, (400GT, even a 365 GT4 2+2), etc? I ask, as it would be interesting to see what these prices are from someone who is there and in the know.

Cheers,

Sam

Albert-LP and Ak Jim like this.
  20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you, Sam. I don't know anything about 400 sale prices: I only see ads, where asking prices here are 30% higher. Maybe that's only an asking without any possibility of selling.
    I was considering buying one and so I gave a look: no more than this.
    I prefer the 400i as it hasn't the black tail I don't like at all (or I should find a black 400 carbed...)

Ciao

PS
    365-400-412 are so big and complicated 40+ years old cars that is very difficult to imagine there is not something wrong to fix somewhere