Added cost of buying an exotic? | FerrariChat

Added cost of buying an exotic?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by scott61, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Since I ordered my Maserati in November my wife has redone 2 bathrooms and our kitchen and I have not been able to say a word about it. As I know the response will be "You spent 100 grand on a car" Good thing I did not buy the Ferrari I was looking at.

2. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    How very true. We are organising a vacation to California (from Australia) and my wife seems to be booking the most expensive hotels she can find. As I go to make a comment, I have to shut myself up - or get told again how much money I just wasted!

3. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    BWAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!

You hit the nail right on the head. I was having trouble deciding on a Porsche 996 TT Cab or a Lambo Gallardo. I decided WTF, I'll get them both. My wife tells me go for it ... since then she has ordered 4 handbags totalling about 4k. I am sure there is more stuff to come. What can I say? She will own me for awhile.

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

My recent SMART car order cost me about $1000 of various jewellery items...earrings..etc.

5. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Now I remember why I've always enjoyed the single lifestyle...

6. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    What would happen if you lied to your wife about the price of the cars?
    What if you told her a Lambo or F car cost 45k?

WOuld these women know the difference? Maybe then they won't spend so much money and you wouldn't have to justify an "expensive" car.

Thoughts?

7. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Great idea, While I am at it I will tell her that the $200 massage was just to work out the stress in my neck

8. smsmd

smsmd Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Steven Scates MD
    My wife makes the following assumption: all men have slush funds. She can smell when I start looking at cars and she knows I have done the math to see if they are "reasonable" for us.

The price tag is high, though, for acting. If I order another exotic, she expects to landscape the backyard, replace the kitchen appliances, replace the living room furniture, and who knows what else.

On the other hand, she has given permission...

9. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I guess it just strikes me as weird, because everyone says women dont care about cars and dont know how much they cost. You hear women mistaking ferraris and nsx's for fords and pontiacs all the time.

Thus I was wondering how would they know how much a Lambo/Maserati/911 Costs.

As Chris Rock says, "Lie to them"

10. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

Oh so true! ;)