Leasing.. $500/month. Real? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Leasing.. $500/month. Real?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Raspberri, Mar 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    It sometimes works out but don’t count on it my slr I paid $182k for and traded it for $240k so occasionally it happens

Raspberri and absostone like this.
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I didn't know we let shoeshine boys and dancers on FerrariChat.

anunakki, paulchua and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  3. Raspberri

Raspberri Rookie

Mar 18, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Nina Andrew
    I won't be spending it just yet. I am actually very frugal. I have to first pay off my student loans then I can get the Ferrari.
    I also just found out that the balloon auto loan companies want to see a gradual upgrade in the types of cars I own. I have a prius now, and am thinking maybe I should get a Lotus Exige before a Ferrari or a Lamborghini Gallardo. What do you guys think?

I posted a thread to see what's out there. And I am new to the world of exotic cars, so I have to keep reading and reading and learning about them to make a good financial decision. If I make connections with people who know what they're talking about that would be amazing too.

If I didn't post here, then I wouldn't have known about the balloon option, which might actually work out for my goals. There are also cars that hold their value too, and most are not Ferraris so I might go for one of those.

I don't want to impress anyone with the car... I don't get impressed myself lol

And I might ask myself in about 2-3 years, who is my audience, and who's attention am I trying to get? And what am I selling? And would a Ferrari do a good job as a marketing tool? And is the ROI high enough/justifies the risk? (no, it's not SEO for everyone who commented on that. I love dentistry so I'll stick to that.)

absostone likes this.
  4. Raspberri

Raspberri Rookie

Mar 18, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Nina Andrew

I finally decided to look at your profile. I actually really liked your website... I'm not mad anymore, and I'm following your blog.

I put 150k just as a ballpark. It might be higher or lower. The deal has to be right.

absostone likes this.
  5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    You will learn that to most people , you owning a Ferrari is an insult to them. JEALOUSY believe it or not. I wouldn't worry about a car as a marketing tool. the car should be for you. not to attract business or impress others. let other people your age live it up and look Big. Down the road they will be broke but you will be established. Ive seen it my whole life

paulchua likes this.
  6. Raspberri

Raspberri Rookie

Mar 18, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Nina Andrew

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't want my patients to see that I own a Ferrari.. it's not a good image for me unless I'm aiming for high clientale. Even then, I don't know if it's worth it.

When you say, "I've seen it my whole life." you mean that people my age just went off blowing their money on things and then they couldn't be financially secured later? What do you recommend for a 26-year-old who wants to be wealthy and financially secured? I'm reading a lot about personal finance.

absostone likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    A classy response I must say sincerely.

In full seriousness, what you should do is focus on your studies. Finish your degree and get your credentials so you have a 'back up', you can still follow whatever business plan you have your heart set on in parallel. Having your main profession as a fail-safe means you won't starve. The dental profession can be quite lucrative so I have no doubt this will allow you to get a Ferrari.

If you are still serious about the razzle-dazzle angle, this is probably not the best forum to get advice.

I wish you the very best.

Raspberri likes this.
  8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    everything you said is correct except that no one can recommend anything that will work for YOU in my opinion, You will chose what works for YOU. We all get what we want in life mostly, but it wont come in the way we envisioned it. Make sense? I never went to high school or college and was making upper lower 6 figures for a few years, Ya know why? cause I just went to work with a duty to be better than anyone else. As far as finance I have no clue. Oh and btw don't spend on crap u don't need. Ya know why? Cause you don't need the newest latest and greatest tech, coffee , whatever it is . 26 becomes 36 becomes 46 faster than your mind perceives 10 yrs of time. and when you are 36 you will look back at the pile of stuff you bought that you really didn't need. So yea, ive seen my 20 yr old employees buying crap they didn't need. And now that I closed one end of my business and the guys are on their own, they call me and tell me I was correct yrs ago about not spending on what you don't need. It was fun watching my bank account grow when I was in my 20s. But money is not everything. At least to me. But man it does make life easier, that's it

paulchua and Raspberri like this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Trust me because I know what I'm talking about, buying an everyday exotic is NEVER a "good financial decision". ;)

GaryR, paulchua, WilyB and 1 other person like this.
  10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You are adorable. I just want to scruff your hair up and give you a lollipop

338Lapua, kes7u, Flash G and 4 others like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

150k roughly 2k a month with 40% residual and 10% down with Putnam and good credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

paulchua and Texas Forever like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What I would say is that it’s totally possible to lease under business name: I have done it without having to do anything shady. Sometimes ppl just don’t know: track and prove ur business mileage and u can expense that part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Why do you want a Ferrari? Or a Lotus Exige? Do you like cars or is it to promote a seo business that it seems does not exist yet?

paulchua likes this.
  15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    $499 a month -- which when done is really $750 a month

paulchua likes this.
  16. Raspberri

Raspberri Rookie

Mar 18, 2019
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Nina Andrew
    Initially I thought I would get a car or two under a business (NOT seo). That way I can have a nice car and have it work for my business at the same time. It may or may not happen. Most likely not.

I like cars but obviously not enough to know how low/high monthly payments can go and what a balloon is... but now I love Ferrari after reading a lot about the brand and cars. I am now educating myself on parts. I want to wear a dress and drive my own Ferrari knowing everything about it. I also like when cars have history and a story to them. Someday it will come true.

SEO comment: I was doing that to learn so that I can do that for my own practice when I open one up/or at least know a lot about it so that I know who to hire and what questions to ask and what to look for. I also like blogging and that's how I found out about it. After getting results for a few websites, I wanted to see if I could make some money part time while building relationships with fellow dentists. I also do some for free to help a few colleagues out. All of this started out from fun. It's not a business I want to get into. It would be nice to get paid $1-2k/month and use that for my tuition, but it's quite an art to sell $1000/month service. So I came onto reddit to ask and see how people do it. Whoever assumed I'm getting a car for an SEO business is incorrect.

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    So I have to ask...if you are just looking for a ferrari for "marketing", then why are you insisting on a $150k car? Let's be honest, most people wont know the difference between a $200k 458 and a $55k 360, even a $45k 348. There are banks out there that specialize in exotic car loans, even terms 10-12 years. Obviously those aren't the best terms but they buy the car for the low payment you are looking for, and you won't spend as much, if anything on depreciation since the cars are at or near bottom...of course, it will be an older car, so you will need to be smart about repairs and maintenance. If you can't turn a screwdriver, these cars can eat your lunch and then poop it out on you just for spite. Sooo even if you achieve your $500/month payment, you are better off budgeting for double that to keep it running, insured, etc.

paulchua and Raspberri like this.
  18. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Don't buy a Ferrari.

19. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
  20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So which business would the Ferrari work for? And how would it work? Would you wrap it with the business name and park it or drive around town? Would you rent the car out?

21. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Maybe start here, a 8-10 year old Mercedes Benz S class with 50,000 or so miles on it.
    MSRP when new was close to $100 K, you can find these S class in 2 or 4 doors for right around $20-30 K.
    I almost bought this one a couple weeks back ;)
    Maintaining one of these can be close in cost to owning a Ferrari.
    These are the look rich for cheap role models.
    You might get away with just oil changes and routine items for 2-3 years, or things could go south for a 5 digit repair bill.
    European high end cars can be a blessing or a curse, all in the same week.

22. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    Rasp, your car financed is NOT going to appreciate.
    The loan process will be hard, at this point. Get out of school for 2 years look at at a real income, takes 18 months to be good at what you are doing. Then you have a provable income, they will loan you to your neck.
    If you want something exotic buy a used Maserati, it is marketable, I am 2 years out of college working investment banking at 24, bought a 2005 Quattroporte for dirt cheap, pulling it into lunch meetings, I got a promotion, income at 120k a year, my Mas payment financed at 3.1% 60 months is 275 bucks a month, gets attention Ferrari V8. Ride with that, get to where you can make the next move into an affordable car 40-80k, then after a year or two hop into a 100-130k car and your in a really nice car at 30-35 with a wife, and a LOT more expenses.

paulchua likes this.