F8 Tributo Design Critique | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo Design Critique

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by bitzman, Mar 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Ferrari F8 Tributo Design Critique

The new Tributo F8 has a more powerful 3.9 liter turbo V8 from the 488 Pista, rated at 530Kw (710hp.) and 770NM (568 lb-tft. ) It has a 50 hp. increase from the 488GTB.

The styling is heavily borrowed from the 488GTB but there’s a few differences and updates. Here’s my take on the design:

FRONT: The hood vent is different, one center one instead of two to either side of the center. Front bumper design is different, as are headlights. No longer are the little LED’s in a vertical row. Air intakes added on either side of the radiator intake to cool front brakes.

SIDE: The F8 roof and doors are carryovers. But there are new sills with flaring at the rocker panel area ahead of the rear wheels , maybe to add downforce. The horizontal vanes in the side scoops are black not body color. There are new alloy wheels kind of confusing to look at.

REAR: the taillights have little light-em-up rings around them like some Dodges from Chrysler have on the headlights. Maybe they are on at all times? There are huge air vents below the rear valance panel, maybe to exhaust hot air out pf the engine compartment. The back window is Lexan and has louvers to extract heat from the engine bay.

INTERIOR: Features a redesigned dash with circular vents, a new 7 in. touchscreen and thinner steering wheel.

IN SUM: It shows a continual effort at Ferrari to have something new; creating a “flavor of the week” so to speak, and I personally like to see racing-derived features added like the front scoops for the front brakes. The rear is overly busy , almost "two layered" and these are the ugliest wheels from Ferrari I have seen in some time.

Comments?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Interesting assessment. You have some good perspectives.

I don’t think the wheels are that bad. But it seems that ferrari is always trying to get “star” types of wheels into their line up. Most efforts have been weak. I don’t know why this is a design element that continues.

3. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Is the steering wheel thinner, or smaller? I likely misunderstood, but I thought it was smaller in diameter, not in thickness of the wheel. Perhaps someone that has seen the car in person can comment.

Jim

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The vertical panel in the side vents actually STD is paint colour . What you are seeing is carbon option.

You should have compared the 488 GBT to the Blue F8 at Geneva. And even that car has a few extras not standard.

Back to topic

7 inch touch screen is 100% better than the one in my 488 GTB but it may be 7 inches wide but ild say 2 inches high only.

Wheels are forged alloy options. Im curious to see what the Standards are . Might be nicer ( I much preferred and did get the standard wheels for my 488 GTB )

Key things that I like are :

PISTA ENGINE and all the Iconel.
    Bigger radiators intercoolers like the PISTA
    Same front radiators set up like the PISTA.
    Same positioning of air intake for the engine.

Basically all the improvements to lower temperatures on a Turbo car. Even the rear glass has louvers ! These alone make the 5% increase look like a bargain. If they offered all this on a 488 GTB as an option of 5% I bet 100% everyone would take the option.

I like the idea as no carbon can be ordered and all leather interior. Basically doesn't have to be a track optioned car but all the improvements.

Still should have had the rear F1 inspired fog light. That's unique.

The new steering wheel is better , much better because of the horn going back to the usual spot IN THE CENTRE and more LEDS with a colour change. Easier to spot on the corner of your eye. I dare anyone counting the 5 red dots on the 488 GTB.

It might be classified as a poor mans PISTA but boy great alternative to those who couldn't get a PISTA and those that thought the price of the PISTA was ridiculous. Having said that however they will never hold the same value but for those like me never wanting an electric Ferrari bang Ferrari has given a great option as the best last petrol V8.

There is a digital read out for the climate HVAC also now but the HVAC now looks like oh **** we forgot to put it in the dash.

Other key components that I like and not many people would appreciate or see is in the front sides and rear there are all flat black parts . MUCH better than painted panels with gravel rash ( most don't PPF those under bit but I did ) and also the odd speed bump

5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The figures are not exactly the same so the engine is not the Pista's engine - what it actually means in terms of performance of the engine I have no clue.

6. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Smaller diameter by everything I have read and video's I have seen

JimPVB likes this.
  7. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    The standard wheels are the same as the ones of the 488!

MANDALAY likes this.
  8. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't like the perforated black metal (?) panels below the taillight lenses.