Ferrari key | FerrariChat

Ferrari key

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Paul mason, Dec 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paul mason

Paul mason Rookie

Dec 13, 2017
    Full Name:
    Paul mason
    Hello apologies if I am in wrong place but I was wondering if anybody knew where I can obtain a replica ferrari key fob that is used in the gtb ect

I only want it for my display the key inside is not needed I just wanted a shell to out on my shelf

I looked on eBay ect but can only find genuine ones

I'm not a millionaire don't own a ferrari but am a fan and love them

Usually there is somebody who makes copies of things but can't find any anywhere

I just wanted the case with the big ferrari red letters on it

Hopefully win the lottery someday and buy the real thing
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Paul: I appreciate your enthusiasm and hope that you're aware of the fact that many Ferrari owners are far from millionaires. Instead, many are just plain hard working common folk that had a vision and goals, and were willing to work hard to achieve their goals. I've told my son on numerous occasions that when I was growing, up we played half-ball because no one had $0.10 to buy a whole ball. Like myself, many here come from very humble roots. So winning the lottery is not the key; hard work and determination is! Fatherly advise over! Sorry, but I have no idea where to obtain a key fob.

mwr4440 and sierra055 like this.
  3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    You don't need to be rich to own a Ferrari. Just smart with your money. If you want a NEW Ferrari.. it helps to have a job that pays well.
    1. Have steady good income
    2. Start with a lower cost Ferrari. Mondial comes to mind if on a limited budget
    3. Learn how to fix your own cars. Preferably don't learn on the Ferrari
    4. Purchase with a loan that you know you can repay.

whatheheck and eyeman1234 like this.
  4. Paul mason

Paul mason Rookie

Dec 13, 2017
    Full Name:
    Paul mason
    Hi i didn't mean any offence I know you don't have to be a millionaire to own one and many people work hard to obtain ehst they want I meant no offence by that wording it was meant in no way offensive or an attack on people who have them.

I apologize for my wording in which I am unfortuantly not good at wording due to personal reasons which sometimes causes offence the way i say things.

Thanks for replying anyway regarding the fob I shall continue my hunt for one.

I have had the priveligde of driving a f430 spider at a track day for a gift so atleast that's one tick of my bucket list and what a car that is.

5. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Hmmm -I couldnt find it either (I looked for you - just in case I could find it). They are going for $900 or so - however, they are new to the models so give it a year or so and ebay will have the replacement shells. They are too new to be worn out yet.

Until then, may I suggest a working version of the current 458/Cali/488 FOB-key for around $65 from ebay/china-vendors. They actually have the prancing horse on them and are EXACT replicas that are cut-able and programmable to be used with a real Ferrari. I bought one as an extra key for my Cali (have not cut or programmed it yet but its identical to my factory key). Looks like below.

Attached Files:

6. Ferrarimaster5

Feb 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    eddy charles
    Does it work ?