For Sale - 458 Front bumper winglets OEM carbon fiber | FerrariChat

For Sale 458 Front bumper winglets OEM carbon fiber

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by FerrariFab, Mar 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
  2. phishgoldy

phishgoldy Karting

May 12, 2014
    NYC
    Question. The winglets on the 458 move based on the speed of the air flow. I can’t inagine carbon fiber bending like that. So are the OEM winglets for aesthetics only?

3. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    Well they definately cant move be it oem plastic or carbon fiber. So yes these are just more aesthetically pleasing if you have other carbon parts on the car they are a good fit.

4. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    What year car are these from?

5. phishgoldy

phishgoldy Karting

May 12, 2014
    NYC
    Am I not understanding what these are? The OEM PLASTIC winglets that come with the car, in the front grill, absolutely move and flex. They are part of the dynamic aero of the car. But carbon fiber is rigid and inflexible. No? What am I missing.

6. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    This is a for sale ad.If you want to debate engineering of parts and the use of them please take it to the 458 discussion.

7. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
  8. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    The original (none) carbon fiber winglets are as stiff as the carbon fiber. You can't bend/twist either of them by hand. When bolted in they feel the same pulling down on them with very small movement at the outer edge. I replaced mine.

9. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Good luck to the new buyer. Congrats! They can pm me if they plan to do the install themselves.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    LOL! You bought that line from Ferrari? :)

11. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    i installed for my customer for no charge...what a deal right?

12. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    That's a great deal! Wish mine were installed for free, but I did it myself. Only good thing came out of doing it myself was I learned more about my car and it helped me tackle another job where I replaced my radiator.

13. FerrariFab

FerrariFab Karting

Jan 14, 2010
    Inland Empire
    Full Name:
    CFI Designs
    I had to replace my radiator a few months back as well..did you go with another oem radiator or did you try the one with aluminum end tanks?

14. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I ordered the radiator from Scuderia Car Parts below: It was an exact match/fit. I didn't see any other tanks on the market other than OEM. The failure I had on my tank was not on the ends by in the front. I probable should have just replaced both radiators while I had the car apart.

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part/24197/ferrari/262837/lh-water-radiator.html