First F car - finally! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

First F car - finally!

Discussion in '360/430' started by baguns, Dec 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    So how is it going so far ? Would be interested for hear your views on the Scud.How is the ownership experience ?

I do plan to add one sometime this year,my second Ferrari.

Thanks for sharing.

2. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Nice!

The first year of ownership I drove the scud to Monterey car week. It was awesome and great experience. Very comfortable for a 5 hour drive, but really loud (surprise, surprise) so not easy to hold a conversation in the car.

But you get a scud for all the things it doesn’t have - like a radio you can actually hear, like any sound insulation, smooth shifting, creature comforts, etc.

It’s a fun and exciting car to drive. But in local traffic it does suck, again for all the reasons you get a scud- jerky shifting in stop and go traffic, worrying about potholes, etc.

So far the car has been reliable. I think I’m on the original battery. I just had my annual last month and I asked specifically to have the battery checked and it was still fine. A real surprise given the stories I hear about batteries not lasting long in fcars.

It seems like there are plenty of scuds out there and prices are a little soft, so I think they are great values right now given the raw experience you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Good to hear regarding reliability,i noticed you also have the FF so best of both worlds i guess. Do you see the Scud as a long term keeper ,or maybe trade 'up' to a newer V8 eventually ?

4. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Scud is a keeper. The newer cars are always going to be faster, have more “things”, more reliable, etc but it seems they’re lacking in the soul/spirit/excitement of driving them. However I’m not speaking from personal experience of driving any of the new v8. My only data point was when I test drove the scuderia vs the 458. Performance wise they’re pretty much the same car for a regular driver like me. But the experience was so different - the noise, the punch when you shift, hearing all the pebbles on the road, etc. when I drove both I instantly wanted the scud for the driving experience.

FF is simply awesome. Day 2 driving the car and it drives kind of like the scuderia (heavier and not as agile of course, but it has a similar feel). I was thinking that, and then an hour later my mechanic texts me (he has both scud and FF among many cars) and comments that FFs are a lot like Scuds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flea7 likes this.
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    And this is why I said, a manual version by Ferrari would’ve been a nice option. Would eliminate the jerky casual driving experience.