2018-2019 NHL Thread | Page 11 | FerrariChat

2018-2019 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by AceMaster, Aug 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Crazy! Also look at the Coyotes. What took them so long?

Last night Vegas was in Anaheim. The Knights win 3-0 (another shut out for the legend Fleury). Empty seats everywhere but a lot of Vegas fans went. Anaheim is becoming a "home game" for the Knights.

Vegas picking up Stone from the Senators might be the best move of any trade last week. IMO, Ottawa gave him away probably to dump his salary. They got very little from the Knights for him.

2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree

5. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    The Hurricanes won in OT last night, something they NEVER used to do. Best NHL record since New Year's. We'll see how good they are in Boston Tuesday. It's retro WHALERS night, with the old green and blue unis. They wore them for a home game earlier this year and the night was a giant hit.

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    OMG does Anaheim SUCK!

Ahead of the Blues by one goal with one minute to play. Empty net. 12 seconds later they give up not one but TWO goals to lose at home.

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The coaching change, although was necessary, didn’t change much

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They put their GM in the spot of coach -- he's never coached in his life. It can't help to have the big boss over your shoulder every day.

I don't think I have ever seen a team lose a game up by one with one minute to play AND an open net and lose in 12 seconds. Not tie -- LOSE!

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Leafs in game 7 vs Boston (2012-2013 playoffs) was the worst collapse in NHL history. Three goal lead in the 3rd period, two goal lead with about a minute left, Boston scores twice in the last 40 seconds to tie then went on to win in OT.

You just knew Boston was going to win in OT once they tied it - sort of like when NE tied Atlanta and won in OT a few Superbowls ago.

10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That's bad but Anaheim never made it to OT with one minute left and in the lead.

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    True but they also weren’t up 4-1 in the third and then 4-2 with under a minute :)

12. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Speaking of the Bruins..... There's a team that has quietly moved up to #2 in the league. And without their best player for the last couple weeks. The last two games, coming back from being down two goals to win shows a ton of grit and heart.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I was at the Vegas Bruins game. The Bruins won in a shootout. That game was intense. Playoff hockey. Both teams played well that night.

Lots a Bruin fans in the arena.

14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Pens Flyers last night one Hell of a Hockey game. Flyers tie it up 1-1 with Goalie pulled about 18 seconds left. OT winner with 3 seconds left.

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Islanders still hanging in there, tied for 3rd in the conference. Canadiens look like they're going to miss out again. But if Tampa Bay doesn't win it all, I'll be surprised.

16. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Jim. I think back at the beginning of this thread we had 2018-19 Cup predictions

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Vegas now hottest team in the league. 9-1 since getting Mark Stone.

They blew away Calgary at home and the Sharks on the road scoring 13 goals in two back to back games - Without Fleury in goal in either game.

Welcome to the Stone Age!

18. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    From my post # 36 in this thread. I had east finalists Caps and Leafs and West Finalists Sharks and Preds. Guess I had a brain cramp regarding the Bolts. Time will tell.

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’ll take the opposite of that and will be surprised if Tampa does win it

20. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Leafs are years away. Maybe even decades. I say that because every time they think they’re close they end up getting worse. One step forward and two steps back

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Golden Knights now 9-1 in the Stone age. Blew away Winnipeg this evening with another shut out. Fleury has been out 3 games now.... That's the biggest worry.

Getting ready for the playoffs.

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Suddenly the Islanders can't find the net. If they're not careful, they'll go from leading their division to missing the playoffs altogether!:mad:

23. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    They're really rolling right now.

24. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Isles and Blue Jackets both stumbling. Last night I was at the Canes - Bolts game. Tampa is the best skating, passing, PK, PP, face-off team I've see all year, and I think by quite a margin. One really cheap shot in game that drew a match penalty last night. Jordan Staal, all around good guy who plays the game right, was just back from missing 30+ games due to concussion, some ****** TB loser takes a straight shoulder to head shot...no reason for it.

25. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Yea, Keith, NHL Network replayed that exact play last night........it was T Bay's Jani Gourde (sp?) ............a player not usually known for any sort of physical play...........a little surprising but def. a Gourde shoulder to left temple drilling to Staal ..... hated to see the incident. :mad: Hope NHL discipline staff looks at it.

Otherwise, exciting times now as I find myself checking the daily playoff standings and scenarios.