Anyone track their Pista yet? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Anyone track their Pista yet?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by red308, Mar 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  2. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    What was all the beeping, ESC?

3. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Cup 2

kandi likes this.
  4. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Ferrari...always a scaredy-cat...

Shadowfax likes this.
  5. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Was .2 off the Porsche apparently.

6. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Thanks

7. RonnyL

RonnyL Rookie

Jul 17, 2016
    Where did you hear that it was .2 off?

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Given that the Cup 2 R of the tuned 2 RS are worth about 1'' per 1' of laptime, that Pista laptime is impressive.

9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    typical Ferrari, pathetic.
    I wonder what Enzo would think about this.

mclaren slr likes this.
  10. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    I was there and over heard.

LVP488, of2worlds and RonnyL like this.
  11. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    You speak non sense,‘having the Manthey Set up on my Gt2 Rs, this is not a tune, it is an alingement of the geometry of the wheels. If you are good enough you can do it at home in your own garage. Manthey ask you what set up you want. I chose one for Nordschleife but aswell for highway, so not to much chamber on the front.

Shadowfax likes this.
  12. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    different story if you go for the full kit for 95t euros. Than several things are changed but
    power and gearbox are untouched, the whole kit should be available for public now

MR SUSPENSION KIT ADJUSTABLE
    Independently adjustable in rebound and compression forces and high perfor- mance race springs
    MR BRAKE PAD SET
    Brake pad for street- and trackday use
    MR BRAIDED BRAKE LINE SET
    Brake line set with layer of stainless steel woven braid for better pedal response
    MR ADDITIONAL WATER TANK
    Tank to enlarge the volume of the standard reservoir
    Magnesium Wheel and some aeroparts.
    In this convic the car was running the 6:40 around the Nordschleife, and this i call tunning. But just an allignement is not tuning, no change in Hardware or Software, just an ajustment on the stock car

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Even so, the car is differently set than the one you get from Porsche. At any rate, the tyre difference is way more important!
    Please, feel free to talk sense. :)

14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    When Ferrari shows up at a track with a new model for a car magazine to test they bring tires and engineers who already know the target time the Ferrari should achieve. The suspension has been dialed in to achieve that lap time.
    How is that any different than adjusting the stock suspension on a Porsche to a degree that a driver would be comfortable with on track?
    As for the tire question that holds little weight as the numbers speak for themselves. There are always excuses about the track or the weather or the driver or the tires. If only something was changed then the result would have potentially been different. Change to a different tire next time and see if that gains any time but on a particular day that was the result you got with each car.

Gh21631, Shadowfax and theplanner like this.
  15. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Marketing genius but clearly not that confident with their product :(

16. TomLikesCars

TomLikesCars Karting

Feb 27, 2019
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harris
    Looking at the comments of Oliver Webb's video, a lot of people don't like Ferrari's fixed paddles, even Oli said he was struggling with it. I myself never imagined that would be an issue, any owners thoughts?

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Never liked the fixed paddles on the column and still don't even with the factory extended ones now fitted. At least now they are a degree more accessible when the steering wheel is turned off center but nowhere near as user friendly or completely accessible as the paddles which move with the steering wheel. I have no idea why Ferrari don't put them on the wheel. Even Nissan shifted them back onto the steering wheel on their Gtr35 after so many user complaints. It's where they belong.

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am sure you know the difference between a Corsa and a Trofeo R and a Cup 2 and a Cup 2 R.

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Having done a bit of racing myself, I can safely say that the fixed paddles are more reliable. You always know where they are.

dustman likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Sure there is a difference in performance based on the bias of a tire design but that doesn't invalidate the result achieved. Each result was formed by the way the car was presented and utilized. It is just like complaining about driver skill and how a certain car lost because it was harder to drive to it's potential. The reality is that nothing is ever perfect; all you are getting is a moment in time when a certain set of numbers were generated.
    Years ago there was a six car comparison test of supposedly stock cars. What was presented for testing was three stock cars and three 'modified' cars masquerading as stock cars. Clearly some manufacturer's take winning more seriously than others and the result reflects that for better or worse.

Shadowfax likes this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You mean the ones that move with the steering wheel? Yes that I would agree 100%. On the column no. The only way of being sure where they are and if you are going to activate the shift is by physically taking your hand off the wheel - not very desirable in a range of circumstances.

22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #98 REALZEUS, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    I was referring to the fixed ones on the steering column. In most cases you do your up and downshifting in a straight line. In the few occasions that you might want to change mid-corner you always know where the corresponding paddle is, something that doesn't happen with wheel mounted paddles when you have more than half a turn of lock applied.

kandi likes this.
  23. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It totally skews the results. It's like off road testing a 4x4 with road tyres on and another one with off road tyres.

24. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Its the speed warning - I set mine at 100mph so the car warns you to be extra aware of police - don't know what speed Andy sets his at but that's what it is