Daily Driven FFs | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Daily Driven FFs

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by JuniorGTR, Jan 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I didn’t get the screens . Never thought of them . This unit is Clarion. I can ask my superguru Ferrari Service Manager. He is awesome.

2. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I’ll try post soon. It’s quite flush in the space. It’s as a Factory factory as a retrofit can get. I am a serious OEM kinda guy . It took me a few days to get used to but it starts to look factory after a while.

Bas likes this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    nice looking forward to it. Like you I much prefer something that at least looks like it came out of the factory that way, like how Porsche has done with their Classic radios:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    For those of you that are DD your FF, how often are you washing your cars? At home, detailer, or does anyone take theirs to a car wash?

I plan on DD my FF. At home the car is parked in a garage, but at work it’s an open, uncovered parking lot here in Southern California. Would it make sense to ceramic coat the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    how about protecting the leather with a sun visor? uncovered parking in SC, i would think the dashboard would be much more susceptible to shrinkage/damage? Its a problem on my 575, and i have seen leather damage on several FFs. Are you guys that leave your cars out in the open using visors?

6. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I definitely do the sun visors on my cars. Feel like an old man doing that lol, but hopefully the dash will continue to look good.

I’m curious about how Ferrari paint/trim hold up outdoors over time.

7. Emeitch

Emeitch Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mhanisi M
    The best daily driver of any make, by a very very long way in my opinion. I actually use it beyond normal. I've had it since 2016, and have gone on gentle off-road with it - I am in Africa and have no snow so this means dust. I even had to turn it off (that V12 stays angry even when idling) because an elephant was crossing the road in front of me. (No, we dont have elephants randomly crossing the road, I took it on a weekend away and the lodge has a km or so of flat dirt road). I have driven it as my only car since 2016, and no complaints yet - other than the wife driving into a pothole and having to change all tyres. I tried the lusso, and as fond of it as I was of the FF, I felt it was mellowed down a bit much (I suspect the price also sat in the back of my mind as I was criticizing), would rather have an S65 coupe if thats what I wanted. Will eventually have to go there though

Bundy likes this.
  8. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I live in South Florida and swear by 3M crystalline protects the leather in the heat of summer.

9. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

otakki, tomc and Bundy like this.
  10. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Attached Files:

11. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

12. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Bas likes this.
  13. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I’ve been daily driving for 2 years. Get it washed once a fortnight only because I had it protective wrapped in Xpel. I have a high maintenance Nero color. Best investmeent I ever made.

DadWagon likes this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    did you try having them add the front camera?

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  16. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Do you have the part number for this?

17. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I got my ff ceramic nano coated the #1 best addition I have made to my car, if just to protect the paint from bird dropping’s,
    One hour in a restaurant for lunch and bird dropping’s cost me $300 to have the paint correction before I had the ceramic
    coating.
    D.

ScottS and Bundy like this.
  18. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I'm also interested in the front camera

19. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I don’t but ill
    check
    ill try get this for you ..

20. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Wife's Lusso has ceramic coating, washed usually at the local car wash.

ScottS likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is the ceramic on the paint or on the ppf?
    ceramic on paint doesnt help much - i did this on my suvs hoping we cld get away swirl free using car washes and found out that a car wash does the same thing to a ceramic car that it does to a carnuba one.

22. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    ceramic coating would go over the ppf, the swirls come from not hand washing properly and scratching the clear coat on the paint. Micro fiber towels and chemical guys works like a charm

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    when ceramics first became popular they were putting them right on the paint and not on the ppf. im still of the view putting 3k worth of ceramic on 5k worth of ppf which needs to be replaced every few years makes no sense but whatever....

24. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Ceramic shouldn't be that expensive, I do it on the paint itself
    I prefer ceramic over ppf but that's just me

ScottS likes this.
  25. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Ceramics have changed greatly over the last few years, I work on the tv show Magnum PI the 488 we have on the show is totally abused by us not intentionally
    it has rain,mud,coke’s,crew fingers,blue painters tape,and just needs cold water and micro fiber to bring it back to a standard that will look good on 4K tv,
    That is the reason I have on my FF it’s remarkable I also use ceramic nano spray Detailer to help, For south Florida rain spots and bird dropping’s it’s
    a gift.
    D.