550 with wooden wheels | FerrariChat

550 with wooden wheels

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by mbyormark, Mar 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mbyormark

mbyormark Karting

Jul 25, 2017
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Michael Yormark
    No, I did not put wooden wheels on my 550. But I had a crazy cream about my car that I thought you all would find weird/interesting/terrifying/amusing.

To preface the story, I think this happened last night because yesterday I was let go from my job (downsized) and in the back of mind was hoping I get another job before my car needs some more money poured into it.

So... the dream starts off with me on a soccer pitch and in the corner, next to some dense brush, there is a dirty sheet covering my 550. Some guy is there who wants to buy the car, so I pull off the sheet and its in terrible shape. For some reason the rear quarter panels and front fenders have been removed to fit these ridiculous wood-spoke model T wheels. Then I notice my black paints is peeling and as I pull the sheet off the hood, some of the black pain goes with it and reveals a dull, sun-bleached Rosso Corsa. I get in to start the car and it sounds like a tractor. Straw and dirt are in the footwell and I have to pop the clutch to get it to start and as I start to move the thing it gets stuck in the mud. Then, in my dream I realize that I'm in a dream and I force myself to "wake up". I wake up ( but am actually still dreaming) and my car is a dull black. Then I actually woke up...

To set the record straight, my car is Argento Nurburgring and I keep it in meticulous condition, my girlfriend says I love it more than her :p

Anyways, just a weird Ferrari dream, hope you all enjoyed hearing about it. And if anyone has any leads on a job (or a good therapist) let me know!

Happy Friday!

-Michael

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    You should get someone to photoshop such a Ferrari "creature."

mbyormark likes this.
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a feeling your need for a therapist is more urgent than your need for a job!:eek:

F456M and Bas like this.
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ferrari used to use wooden wheels to move the cars around the shop in the really old days.

mbyormark likes this.
  5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    A really funny story! No question your job situation is making you nervous about your car.... i know te feeling. But one thing is for sure. Whatever happens, my 550 is the last thing in the world I will sell. I will regnet it for the rest of my life, and I can not allow myself to come i to that situation!

mbyormark and 308 GTB like this.
  6. mbyormark

mbyormark Karting

Jul 25, 2017
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Michael Yormark
    They used wood wheels to gets the cars around?! Would love to see those pictures! And I'm the same way, last think I'm willing to sell. Took me 20 years to get my Ferrari 550.

I can't use photo shop but I can use "paint".

energy88 likes this.
  7. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    #7 root, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    oooh, that's a nightmare. I'd have a hard time going back to sleep before jumping in the car and taking it for a midnight spirited drive around town after a quick wash and wax to confirm everything is in order. I can live with the wood wheels if in good shape and well balanced, but that Rosso Corsa under the Nero is decidedly nasty.

mbyormark and F456M like this.