812 build advice | FerrariChat

812 build advice

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frank_C, Mar 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #1 Frank_C, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2019
    I haven't been on this site since the 2000s when I had my 360 spider. Forgot who I used to be.........

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Blu Pozzi / Sabbia F12 to an 812S and have a few questions:

I've found the '17 options list that has been circulated, does anyone have a more up to date for the US market?

Also, from what I've seen and in my old age there are very few options I'm interested in- on the outside no carbon fiber or race car tidbits. Looking more towards a subdued look. Just wheels, shields and calipers. Same for the inside. Only a yellow tach to complement the calipers and shields as on my F12....subtle things go a long way. I may even do no carbon inside- even though my F12 (wheel/LEDs and bridge), Levante GTS has it as did my Panamera Turbo & 911 S. I'm kinda getting tired of it. Will the simple be truly better? I'd hate to think I'm getting a entry base model, but again just going for simple look. Is there anything y'all would have ordered any different? Add ons and/or deletes? I will track it at COTA from time to time.

And again, the seat debate......Daytonas in the 360 and F12.......

Finally going to Italy in May- doing the Villa d'Este then the Ferrari and Maserati factories while I visit my cousins. Is it worth waiting to spec it out after I visit the factory or will pretty much everything I can get be available here? Thinking Grigio Ingrid and terra bruciata or iroko- need to see in person as to which one hue resembles a saddle. (I really want a distressed leather look like on some of those Tailor Mades.) Thanks in advance.

P.S.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and Gullwing like this.
  2. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I skipped all the carbon fiber except the drivers zone. It's expensive and I frankly like aluminum and other materials more.

However, I did get quite a few other options including a set of luggage, the lift, full electric seats, upgraded stereo and carplay and quite a few other things. Heavy on the leather inside my car as well as I'm not an alcantara fan.

3. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I just wanted to say that’s a beautiful F12. Good luck choosing the options for your 812. The Atelier in Maranello is great and is worth doing if you have the opportunity- one of the big advantages is that you can walk the production line and see the colours on cars. It may help if you are choosing between a few options.

4. ARM1971

ARM1971 Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    In the interest of sticking with the thread title (but seeking advice on my own build), does anyone have experience with a leather vs alcantara rear parcel shelf? Dealer is suggesting alcantara because of all the sun exposure and says shrinkage etc is possible. Just curious if this is a significant concern. Cost is approximately equal. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I had leather in my f12 and have the same on my 812...no issues. Only advice I have is, be careful with dash accents in light colors. I have a black upper but chose the accent piece around the Inst cluster and the vertical strip on the dash in cuoio alcantara and it does read as a pretty good reflection in the windscreen. Polarized glasses knocks it down considerably but I would go easy. With that said, I would spec it again but I know some other f chatters feel differently.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I want with Daytona racing seats. Additionally, I chose full leather on the inside. I feel like it will best compliment it’s garage partner, which is a Huracan Performante with full alcantera interior. Everyone is different, but for some reason, I think the 812 needs carbon interior. Of course, it’s a matter of taste only. Some prefer chocolate milkshakes over vanilla; others prefer strawberry. I chose to do mostly carbon on both the inside and outside. Probably too much money devoted to silly carbon bits, but I try not to think about the money. Cars are really my only financial vice. Here are the carbon details:

Interior Carbon

$7,593 - CIDL - Carbon Fiber Driver Zone + LEDS

$7,593 - DATR - Carbon Fiber Dashboard Inserts

$2,869 - CILR - Carbon Fiber Central Bridge

$2,025 - CISK - Exterior Sill Kick in Carbon

$20,080 subtotal

Carbon Exterior

$6,750 - CEAI - Front Bumper Insert Carbon Fiber

$3,712 - FCWS - Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler

$9,956 - CEXS - Carbon Fiber Underdoor Cover

$5,062 - CELB - Rear Bumper Sides in Carbon

$25,480 subtotal

7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Thanks. Keep 'em coming. Frankly the current configurator iteration leaves a lot to be desired.....

8. ARM1971

ARM1971 Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Grazie

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RamsHmb likes this.
  9. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    This is the only pic I have of the F12 interior. But it's not the interior that is of importance, it's the gloves Michael Schumacher wore when he won Montreal in 2000 which are........................and it was a thrill to wear them when I tossed the F12 around COTA!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login