mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo | Page 84 | FerrariChat

mid engine corvette qtr panels leaked photo

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Yes it has to an extent. The C5 Z06 has a couple of yellow with mod/red interiors and the C4 ZR1 had one yellow with red interior. All were referred to as Ronald McDonald cars.

2. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    of2worlds and jm2 like this.
  3. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    This has to be the most photographed camo car ever.

k wright and Dragster like this.
  4. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Nope I think that honor resides with that new Toyota Supra, it was in camo and seen about for years, so much so that Jalopnik had a running joke about it.
    Its part of testing, some cars get "looked" for more so they get photo'd a lot and it makes it seem like forever but every car/truck etc goes through its camo phase, some longer some shorter.

5. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I grow increasingly concerned that this car will be awesome, but will lose everything that makes a Corvette a Corvette. I suppose only time will tell.

Thecadster likes this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Interesting comment. Never thought of it that way, but I certainly see your point and how you might very well be right.

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I wouldnt worry, Pushrod V8 plastic body, Gm almost there build, fast as hell. Its a corvette just with the motor in the middle. Plus the fe car is staying in prorduction.
    Would love to see a corvette brand with a FE car A ME car multiple variants of such plus the Caddy V series as vettes. That would be a premium american brand people would buy, but unlikely to happen.

8. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^^
    I think we all have THAT fantasy...
    Make a complete lineup. Do another SS (this time, make it good looking...and I HAVE one!), do an FE GT type car (ala 812), etc...
    Sadly, I don't think it will happen.

9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Theres hope that if they keep the Fe car too, and are lookign at porches sucess beyond the 911 they might., But then again this is bean counter GM were talkign about.

Still how great would it be to have a USA car brand dedicated to car people, Corvette, more than just one model. Inevitably they would mess it up chasing wider acceptance and volume as the rebadged equinox is touted as a performance SUV. On second thougths its probably betetr Gm does not sully the vette name and image with more product.

Still theres a possibiliy we'll get to 100 pages in this thread before the actual car is revealed.

10. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’d be fine with corvette losing their traditions and “unique” interior design / quality... :D

Robb

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  12. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    You gotta love journalists.....

GM has not said ONE word about the C8. Not ONE. And here is a car magazine whining about "HYPE". Uh, hello, McFly, YOU guys (magazines/internet/etc) are the ones "hyping/teasing/etc"....
    Wouldn't have any thing to do with selling magazines, clicks, or whatever, right?

anunakki and jm2 like this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    What did they say at the GM dealers meeting in Las Vegas?

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Meanwhile journalists look for news and GM like others uses the auto press to get free promotion. Its up to Gm to manage the process, they like the free ride.

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I completely disagree. GM is the one doing most of the leaks.

rdefabri likes this.
  16. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  17. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #2094 jimmyb, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    I'm sure I don't know...do you? And if none of that info from a dealers meeting is made public, how is it a "leak"?

Have ANY of these "leaks" come from Kerbeck/Conti/McMullen/ANY BIG Corvette dealer?
    Hint....NONE.

No doubt the BIG dealers have seen the car, have a good feel for the price, and when it will be intro'd. And NONE of them have spilled the beans.

18. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    OK.
    What has been "leaked" by GM?
    IMO, the following:
    1. The front fascia that started this very thread.
    2. The interior shot
    3. The "order" sheet...which was supposedly leaked by a Canadian dealer....

Beyond that, camouflaged cars on public roads are not "leaks", IMO.

Feel free to share any other "leaks" that YOU think GM has done.

19. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    #2096 jimmyb, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    ^^^^^
    Meanwhile....
    $169,900 starting price (that got LOTS of play, think it came from GM?)
    FE and ME cars releasing together....(that one is literally laughable)
    Frames twisting under the power of the TT V8 (right...if that was true, which I HIGHLY doubt, what would be GM's reason for "leaking" that?).
    ETC....

There's wheat and there's chaff....IMO, 99% of what is written about this car has ZERO foundation in reality. But literally everything that's written about the car starts with the initial report from someone, and then 100 outlets copy it (electrical/frame issues for example) and NO ONE even TRIES to confirm whether the original story is true (Don Sherman, perfect example. He didn't get a scoop...he regurgitated what GM Authority wrote). BUT...if it gets repeated enough it MUST be true, right?

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Many of the Camo cars where told to various people in the media where they would be (The Yuma and the German track test for example) so they could be photographed and sent out. And the leaks about the drive train (you think that comes from car magazines?) the date it would be first shown (all that was GM leaking), files on the suspension, the gearbox manufacturer, the so-called "its so powerful it twisted the suspension!", the key fob showing the hardtop function, etc. GM has been leaking this thing for 2 years now.

Jalopnick has a weekly "leak" every week.

There's a mole leaking to the Vette forum all the time. At first people thought the stuff he says is BS but more and more of it shows up later to be true. If GM didn't want the mole leaking, you think its impossible to find out who it is and stop it?

Or, are they the leakers, which is more likely.

21. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby