SCUD pricing guide | Page 88 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Congrats LARRYH - awesome combo !

MDS

LARRYH likes this.
  2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    plastique999 and rennspeed like this.
  3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Been my favorite video for years....Capristo without cats I believe. What convinced me I needed a Capristo on my F355 spider

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Really? And why is that? Why is a 430 Scuderia better than a 599 GTO?

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Don’t feed the troll!

f355spider likes this.
  6. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed

Yikes sounds AMAZING, can't believe that 993 is worth more than that F355

ShineKen likes this.
  7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    ShineKen and f355spider like this.
  8. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    Scuderia over all a better car and and better track performance's beat's out the Enzo anytime, what does the 599 GTO do at the track ??

9. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well you tell me genius. What does the GTO do at the track?

f355spider likes this.
  10. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    What the 599 GTO can do at the track is beat the 430 Scuderia. This is according to the manufacturer Ferrari, at their own test track Fiorano.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiorano_Circuit

LARRYH likes this.
  11. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    CNC Motors has two different Scuds asking $149k. Seems like prices have come down a bit recently?

f355spider likes this.
  12. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    I think they just want to move those two as they have had them for a while. Higher mileage and less desirable colors. Ferrari South Bay has a 2008 Rosso Corsa on consignment for $175,000. It doesn't look like it was well maintained though. Some deferred maintenance including overdue service and leaky valve covers. The salesman said there were "small rock chips" on the front bumper, but in reality the front bumper is torn up. Big cracks everywhere. Rear diffuser is in poor condition. Passenger seat material is torn at the seam.

13. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Cheap owner....never understood why any owner wouldn't invest a few thousand to fix any issues and present the car in the best light possible. Not doing so only scares potential buyers away...and gives the serious ones better bargaining power.

14. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
  15. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I'm surprised an authorized Ferrari dealer would even represent a car in that condition. I know Ferrari of Seattle would have all outstanding services, and cosmetic issues handled before accepting a car for sale. Their cars always look outstanding.

16. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    I wasn't really happy about it. I drove from Orange County to Torrance to see the car and it was clearly not a well cared for car. I measured the paint as well and I think the hood is possibly resprayed. All the other panels measured in the 7 to 8.5 mil range. The hood was up to 13 mil in some areas and as low as 7 mil in others.

17. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    A buyer wants to drive and enjoy, not take on a "project", working with multiple vendors to correct all the problems....that's crazy what they are doing. BTW the radio is not the original.

18. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    The aftermarket headunit didn't bother me. I actually would prefer having Bluetooth and the newer tech. The lack of upkeep was bothersome. South Bay Ferrari also doesn't allow cars to leave for PPI. I ended up purchasing a '09 Rosso Corsa Scud out of Florida. Meanwhile the one at South Bay Ferrari continues to sit. I think they have had it there for about 7 months.

f355spider likes this.
  19. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Many Cars get spray touch ups when they come into the country. Here are the east coast we see a lot of that as they get scratched, nicked, whatever in the containers.
    Don't let that scare you.

You should have asked him "if its only $600, why don't you fix it??".

f355spider likes this.
  20. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Someone posted anonymously (several years ago) that previously worked at FNA in New Jersey, where all Ferraris destined for North America are received. He claimed a surprising number required paint work as you state. Both rework for quality issues, as well as minor damage in shipment.

E60 M5 likes this.
  21. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    That is interesting and good to know. The car that I ended up buying had clear paint protection film on the front so I couldn't measure the paint.

22. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Wow, surprised tha
    Wow, I can't seem to find them on their website, can you share?

23. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    rennspeed likes this.
  24. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Between the miles , color and year .. you would need at least 35-40 to get a 2009 red car with around 7k miles on it .. so it seems we are still around 190 for the no stories red lower mileage cars .. status quo

10 for color
    10 for year
    15 for mileage

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  25. Easy888

Easy888 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2006
    CA, NV
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Mike, sorry to have heard of your experience. I bought a Scud from their sister store (B Hills) before South Bay was up and running. I dealt with James over there and he had allowed the Scud to be PPI'd at Fast Cars (also on FChat) in Redondo Beach. They are hands down the best independent place to have a car looked over. I recall when I asked James if he knows Fast Cars and whether it would be ok to have the car inspected there, his reply was "I've never been or met them, but heard nothing but great things about them" and proceeded to allow me to have the Scud looked over at Fast Cars. On my dime of course. Truth is if you've been to Fast Cars and see what they work on, the Scud is nothing special (relatively speaking). The point I'm trying to make or help, if possible, is to mention that you'd like Fast Cars to do the PPI. Perhaps by mentioning the name, the dealership would be more willing to help in the process. By the way, did you deal with Eddie? Daniel? I'm a little shocked too about your experience or the way the car was represented. I've had nothing but great experience there and would buy again without hesitation. Perhaps you can address your concerns of the car through price negotiations. At some price it would make sense no?

Good luck.