Purists beware...... | FerrariChat

Purists beware......

Discussion in '308/328' started by greg288, Mar 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg288

greg288 Karting

May 28, 2007
    We've seen Mitchell Button's SEMA car posted here before but now it appears he is offering to do the same to more cars.
    We could be losing more cars to this......purists will hate it, others say it makes their car more valuable, others say it's your car...do what you want etc....

https://www.casilmotors.com

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well...not my cup of tea, but who am I to rule by decree what taste and elegance should be? Or how people should spent their hard earned money? The good thing is that he is no Attila-the-Hun, he does not want to transform each an every car in existence: he want to do no more than 30.
    I have to say I can accept "retro-tuning" when the car is externally indistinguishable from the original: for instance, a naturally aspired 3.2 engine with 70 bhp more I can understand. Ruining Pinifarina lines by larger fenders, flippers, vanes, etc...is really sad.

Rgds

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I want to know how they are going to get their stated 400hp just by using ITB's on a stock 328 engine.

MaranelloDave and Rifledriver like this.
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    ...Indeed: that would be a 50% gain in power, and exactly 125 bhp per litre, no mean fact...

Rgds

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    If it's built to be driven why the poser air bag suspension? I guess its hard to do your Beeber imitation while parked with the car at a real ride height.

How does it have
    Electromotive ECU
    Bosch K jetronic
    KMS MD35 ECU tune
    Kenvy individual throttles
    all on the same engine?

400 hp naturally aspirated at 9200

What a load.

Line up the sheep for the shearing.

JCR likes this.
  6. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well it certainly isn't stock doing 9200 RPM. But their own information shows very conflicting engine equipment.

Sounds like a bunch of teenagers.

Any clients they drum up deserve the screwing they'll get.

7. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    They state on their website:

"
    EVERY DETAIL OF THE BB3X8 IS A LABOR OF LOVE"

I allow myself to correct them: Every detail of this atrocity is a labour of rape.

Best from Germany
    Martin

8. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Jut looking at the absurd camber of the rear wheels is enough to make me ignore them. This is what the kids call "stance" and they wonder why they have to keep replacing tires. There are always good ways to do things and then there are, well, less than good ways.

Lester

9. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Which is a word they had to repurpose, along with "slammed"... As it sounds so much more trendy than "fraked up" or "busted." ;)

10. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I have the sort of personality that allows me to do it with impunity. Call it narcissistic, sociopathic... or perhaps I just have good taste.

Saabguy, Rifledriver and Martin308GTB like this.
  11. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I would state, that such folks simply haven't understood the aesthetics Fioravanti has aimed at. A mixture of a certain aggressivity with italian elegance. They just dumped the elegance.

Best from Germany
    Martin

Michael Call and thorn like this.
  12. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I would call it devoid of culture.

Saabguy and Martin308GTB like this.
  13. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    We had something similar in Germany. Even back in those days, when these cars were new. It was called 'Koenig Specials'

Best Regards
    Martin

thorn, Jakuzzi and Rifledriver like this.
  14. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I was never a fan of Koenig styling.

15. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Me neither, though being a teen or young twen at those times.
    IIRC Ferrari banned them from putting the Cavallino badges and Ferrari scripts on their cars.

Best Regards
    Martin

16. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  17. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I have no issue with a Singer type version of a serial production car like the 3x8. However, this specific car is ugly, tasteless, and pointless. Why is it bondo gray? Why are the rear wheels stanced? Why is it too low to drive if its a drivers car? And on and on. Surely theyre not seriously expecting people to buy these...

Rifledriver likes this.
  18. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    As I've said before on another thread it doesn't bother me in the least. I have no problem with people doing their own thing.

Other than the air ride drop it's just a simple GTO body kit with GTC Mirrors. Nothing really revolutionary or that hacked up IMO.

19. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    I do not understand why the design name starts with "BB"... What does this signify? In fact I wonder if the "designer", ahem, realizes that "BB" in the Ferrari World denotes a completely different car?

20. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Um... they got the tail lights reversed, does that reflect on their attention to detail?

21. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't like how low it sits or the sideview mirrors but other than that I don't think it's as horrific as folks here are making it out to be. I loved my 308 but if I'd have kept it was seriously thinking about putting a deep chin spoiler on it. I like that they made it look more aggressive, but maybe it could have been toned down a bit.

HotShoe likes this.
  22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I wrote that I do not want to be the judge on matters of taste rather tongue-in-cheek. To be more blunt: I have always believed that it is better not to try to "upgrade" the look or aesthetics of most cars.

For a start, a shape is a product of its time; trying to make it look more "modern" or more "agressive" usually make it look "somewhere in between" as far shape or design is concerned. In the specific case of this car, in the middle of "nowhere" as far as I am concerned: nothing is coherent or integrated. Not to say that I doubt that it could actually be driven, except on a airport tarmac.
    Second, Italians, who have been living surrounded by beauty for hundreds of years usually know what they are doing (with one or two exceptions here and there for cars...). Better leave their works unaltered.
    So: I don't like it at all. I even find the lowering, its sit, and the right wheel rather ridiculous. A bit like a beautiful old lady ruined by bad taste.

That being said, if this pleases someone, fine by me. That's their money. I won't be playing the "Police of taste", I would have by far much too much work to do...

Rgds

23. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Not to mention the wavy body panels and cooked bits all over the place. It looks like a few teenagers got ahold of a JV Whitney catalog and ordered parts that sounded cool. I like how they mix and match the spelling of program. Throwing crappy parts on a car and driving it down the street is a program now? I'm sorry, programme.

24. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Playing "police of taste" is fun :)

Best Regards
    Martin

Rifledriver, Saabguy and 308 milano like this.
  25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    ...but, and to paraphrase Chateaubriand (on another matter), that would ask for a lot of efforts, as there are many needy people...

Rgds