NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 16 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Disagree.

There is a market. I expect the BB to be a $650k car though.

2. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Maybe 600,000€ ? For 1000hp? It seems to me to be the deal of the century...

crinoid and F2003-GA like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    He quoted Euro's which would make it 1 Million USD

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #379 Albert-LP, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    very likely the 4WD Hybrid will have a price 100 k more than the actual Flagship, the 812S. As 812 S base price is 300 k euro here in Italy, I expect a base price around 400-410 K euro for the new mid engine flagship. Or maybe a bit less. 4WD, V8 TT, no CF, only electric front axle, around 900 Hp (720+180): those are the rumors.

ciao

theplanner, Doug23 and of2worlds like this.
  5. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Doors go up or not? Can you ask the rumors pls?

6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Bro, rumors are rumors… ;)

ciao

7. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    If that’s true I’m not really impressed. Without CF and the already known 720 CV from the existing V8 engine it seems to be not much more than a Pista/F8 with some electric support.

tekaefixe likes this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Three electrics motors are the most obvious choice for BB .

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    were you waiting for a VTOL car? ;)

ciao

10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What would the market be with cars like 003 being sold at those prices? Not a chance in hell the new flagship compares with 003.

11. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    With electric motors
    surely carbon tub to counter extra weight
    this car will be HEAVY

12. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Definitely not! A carbon tub would be a nice starting point though.

day355 likes this.
  13. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I agree, even more if it comes in the form of Targa as some say

14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I have to say that I heard few rumors about the tub, maybe it will have carbon, who knows. But there are A LOT of rumors about the V8 TT Hybrid engine (that has been already seen many times in the definitive model) and three electric motors with active cornering front axle and a lot of hi tech. The car will be heavier than the F8 exactly like the LaF is heavier than the Enzo: But a very famous Ferrari test driver(who already drove many times all the new Ferrari we didn't see yet...) told me "LaF is much better than the Enzo despite being hybrid. And the new models, that will be more powerful than the actual ones but also heavier due to the battery weight, will be better than the actual ones."

Ciao

of2worlds and red passion like this.
  15. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Ok so there is still hope.. When you said “no CF” you were referring to the body panels? Does the BB use the current 3.9 V8 for the ICE part or is it a new design?

16. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Never sell ? people will suck their dealer to have an allocation... Ferraris have never been so expensive and have never sold so well. Why shoudn't there be no used market ? Your statement is the opposite of everything that is observed on the Ferrari car market

350MH83 likes this.
  17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    For production cars Ferrari are committed to aluminum construction for the foreseeable future

18. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    This is so stupid... come on everyone else is going CF Ferrari!

19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I don't understand the fixations with carbon tubs and butterfly doors. Ferrari has worked with Alcoa since the 360 and 612, and they get the combination of stiffness and weight reduction that they want in a tried and true way. CF is not some God material, and creating and curing the layers when making it has its own set of drawbacks, time and expense among them. Ferrari will move to CF chassis if and when they think there will be an advantage to do so.

Butterfly doors are just a poseur item, IMO, and they too have complications that are prone to cause problems. You know how irritating old and weak struts are on your hoods and engine covers? Imagine how irritating a sagging door that hits your head would be, or one that has a strut broken entirely.

I'm sure the BB will be awesome and astonishing even if it has an aluminum tub and normal doors.

20. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    This is exactly what I’m expecting but I’m not disappointed at all. It’s basically going to be a Pista engine with hybrid electric power on a whole new platform that will introduce Ferrari’s new design language, inside and out, for the next decade or so.

Not sure what’s disappointing about that? ~900 HP, 0-60 in ~2 sec., and a futuristic looking, mid-engine design all in a normal production car sounds insane to me! I could care less about the carbon tub.... there’s no way a mere mortal like me could get close to using all that performance even without it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JagShergill, stavura and F2003-GA like this.
  21. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Won't
    Wrong on both accounts IMO.

1. CF tub is lighter, so regardless of your opinion on the value of it, it's a fact.

2. The CF tub is significantly stiffer, so the Spider needs no additional weight. So not only do you save the weight of the tub, you save an additional significant amount of weight in the SSpider.This why there was practically no drawback from the McLaren spider versus the coupe, whereas Ferrari spiders are known to be inferior.

3. The doors are no worse open some cases can be even better. I have yet to hear about butterfly door breaking, besides, do you really care about what happens to the strut on a 20-year-old exotic car? Are you keeping your cars long enough for these things to break? It will be a cheap fix anyway ...

tekaefixe likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    No, you are wrong. That is a fact, not my opinion. The weight is only one factor, but you are too short sighted to see that. There are entire books about cost versus benefit. Read one of them. All you do is expose your ignorance with every post you make. Doesn't that embarrass you, even a little? I don't care, frankly, but others might be taken in by your blatant misinformation.

And, BTW, do you even own a Ferrari? Or any other exotic? So why don't you fill out your profile and subscribe? I think you are nothing but a troll. Prove me wrong.

fil and MANDALAY like this.
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ferrari have said that they can get the aluminum as light as carbon and that they prefer the aluminum because after an accident or wreck damage is very clear and easy to define unlike carbon fiber.

G. Pepper, F2003-GA, stavura and 2 others like this.
  24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #400 noone1, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Cost benefit analysis is for the benefit of Ferrari, not customers. Do you think Ferrari is passing those savings on to you? Judging by the $4K software option that comes free on a Honda, and the $1000 different colored thread in your seatbelt, I'm pretty sure hell will freeze over before Ferrari passes any savings on to you.

The CF options on the F8 add up to $150K. That's nearly as much an an entire 570S, which BTW has probably 10x as much CF just in the tub itself than an F8 with every CF option combined. So please don't tell me about cost benefit analysis of a consumer super premium luxury good.

BTW, do a search on here about scuttle shake in the V8 Spiders. Here's a quote from an owner:
    "I am critical of mine, my 458 SA scuttle shaken infuriates me. Again Mac has loads less scuttle."

I don't own a Ferrari btw, but I did have those fancy butterfly doors for 5 years and they worked flawlessly.