CS Market | Page 390 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    They always used to be low. They may have just caught on.

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

IMO 200K gets you there.
    If you love the CS why would you look elsewhere ?
    Be patient.
    Prices have stabilized or dropping.
    Or get something with average or "high" (read...a car you can actually drive and enjoy) miles.
    Or a lower spec car but a CS all the same.
    Negotiate.

Dont settle.

You will always regret it.
    Long term these will be memorable collector cars.

Oengus likes this.
  3. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    the owner of the BaT car hasn't responded to questions. Looks like it needs a belt service and has sticky buttons. But that simply is a line item expense. Does anyone happen to know the owner? Sounds like it was a good car 6 years ago, but there is a gap in history. I don't care if it needs a service - for the right price thats a week in the shop. What I can't tell is what else may have happened in that period? has it been regularly serviced? Damage or paint work?

Its frankly not the color I was looking for, but considering how unresponsive he has been, other buyers may be scared off and there could be a "deal" to be had...

4. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    The BaT "seller" wasn't the owner, he was a friend of the owner which may explain the lack of communication via the BaT website. Bid to $159,000 and reserve not met, not a surprise there. Seems like a solid car just too many open questions that needed to be answered to really get a market bid.

Mikestradale and Michael B like this.
  5. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    #9730 dsevo, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    I drove the car today. It’s actually a nice car with some deferred maintenance. 2009 date codes on the tires. 100% sticky. No chirp when unlocking. Paint appeared perfect, and couldn’t find any signs of repair. Leather was nicest I’ve seen on a car that old. Seats were basically perfect, no dash shrinkage. Clear bra entire front end. Brakes looked good and didn’t have any of the pocking that tracked cars have. Very small scrapes on the diffuser fins. I was hoping for a steal due to budget reasons, but it’s a nice car with potential to be exceptional. I do think it’s light on paperwork, and the seller/owner relationship isn’t ideal with a lien.

ewright, Michael B and Oz-ATL like this.
  6. boat3

boat3 Karting

Nov 29, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Larry
    So, were you able to get a bottom line buy price on the car?

7. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Did not, the auction was ongoing. when I asked what he was hoping to get he said he thought it was worth 200-220k. I wasn’t going to offer anywhere near that, so I didn’t discuss further.

8. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  9. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Don’t forget the car Yellow Compass is currently advertising here. Not sure why he blacked out the vin.

10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Nope, not enough BAMS to keep my interest.

11. acc123

acc123 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    It's tricky to pin down where CS deals are actually clearing relative to the posted asking prices - a lot of the available inventory has been sitting for months or even years. Asking prices and mileage also aren't always well correlated. Where do we think current fair market value sits for a red (RS/RC) CS in good condition (clean body, decent records, recent belts, >50% clutch, stickies fixed, etc.) with:

10k miles:
    20k miles:
    30k miles:
    40k miles:
    50k miles:

I assume non-red colorways might be trickier to estimate given more volatile supply/demand..

12. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Oz-ATL likes this.
  13. adesalos

adesalos Karting

Mar 19, 2003
    Texas
    The O'Gara car is for sale for 227k or lease... interesting to see a lease on a 15+ years old car. Need help to understand the terms of the lease though, see below:
    "
    $2,450 per month plus tax | 72 month closed-end lease | $22,998 cap cost reduction plus drive off based on Ventura Tax | 200 miles per year limitation ($.75/mile charge in excess of limitation) | On approved Tier 1 credit | Tax, license, registration and first payment are additional | Offer expires April 30,2019
    "
    Does that mean that I am paying 2.5k a month for 6 years, for only 200 miles per year, so a total of 1,200 miles (could do more but at a cost)… Overall, that is close to 150$ per mile !!!!! What am I missing?

14. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    maybe 2000 miles. a zero was left out?
    even at 2000 miles, that's awfully low mileage allowance..

15. JPMD

JPMD Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    FL
    Full Name:
    John
    You guys were right!!
    Can't stop smiling.
    Wow this thing is awesome. I'm hooked already after only a few drives.
    Very raw which I like and the sound is incredible. Looks and feels special.
    Even my wife likes it LOL. She asked "was this a race car"?
    My response "sort of".

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I hate to say, I told you so....... BUT......I told you so! :)

Keep smiling!

17. Michael Lane

Michael Lane Rookie

Jan 21, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Atxtennis
    Spider68, ewright, NürScud and 4 others like this.
  18. sidekick

sidekick Karting

May 24, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Yes. My CS is now for sale. 2 owner car. I've had it and enjoyed it for 10 years. I put some miles on it. 39,335 on it now. Well maintained by Bradan Coachworks in NY. Pretty sure it will be the cheapest CS for sale out there. Check the F Chat classifieds. If I could put it away and hold it for 10 more years I would. These cars will be true collectors items soon enough.

Mikestradale and Dbacr like this.
  19. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

200 miles w/o extra charges per year limitation?? I put that many miles in one weekend. ;-)

20. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I sold my 458 to get back into a CS. Best Ferrari I’ve ever owned hands down.

JPMD likes this.
  21. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    You hit the nail on the head. Useable horsepower. So much fun!

JPMD likes this.
  22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    if you had to pick a fun track weapon, would you go w a bac mono or cs?

23. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Neither. Get a Challenge car. Proper safety gear... rollcage, harnesses, fire suppression system, etc.

Bigdjjd and Oz-ATL like this.
  24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    There's something nice about driving to a fun, non-competitive track day and then being able to drive home afterwards in the same car. Been there, done that with trailering, storage, inflated challenge part prices etc not exactly enthused to get back into that world just for casual track days.

25. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    True re: being able to drive to track and back home in the same car. Definitely more convenient. You could always go the 'arrive and drive' route with a non-street legal track toy and have a shop/team support you. That's what I do for mine. Easy breezy, I just have to show up. Ok, back to your original question... for fun factor and uniqueness I'd vote for BAC (though no passengers - but that could be a good thing) but for all around awesomeness, the CS!