Display window sticker? | FerrariChat

Display window sticker?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gofastr, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gofastr

Gofastr Karting

Jan 7, 2019
    I'm planning on attending some shows/cruise ins With my 458. Do you think it's a good idea to display a copy of the window sticker?

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If you are looking to sell the car, then I think it is fine. There are other reasons where I don't think it is.

Viperjoe likes this.
  3. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    I made up a placard on A2 size paper and had them laminated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Gofastr

Gofastr Karting

Jan 7, 2019
    What reasons would those be?

5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I would not. Let the car speak for itself.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Some people will take it as being pretentious, it could be stolen (one guy once told me they stole his "Please Do Not Touch" sign :D), and as Viperjoe said the car should speak for itself. I would only display the monroney if the car was for sale.

You do see people display it on older cars and that's fine because it's interesting to see prices from 50 years ago, but not on a modern car.

7. Gofastr

Gofastr Karting

Jan 7, 2019
    I was thinking about blacking out all the prices on the sticker (copy) or maybe making up a sign listing options and extras that have been added to the car.

bcorner likes this.
  8. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    Make a sign with options, make, model, year. Anything special about the car. I do car shows to educate. People are interested in cars and like to read up on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gofastr likes this.
  9. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I have my first car show tomorrow. I have the monroney laminated and velco'd to a windshield sunshade with mods printed covering the fuel milage section. Two birds one stone, info on the car and dash leather protected in the FL sun. I'll post pics back here when the show is done.

10. Gofastr

Gofastr Karting

Jan 7, 2019
    Congrats on the win.
    I like the display of the window sticker and mods. I'm going to do just about the same thing but I will use the mods list to also block the prices. Thanks for the idea.

11. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Thanks! Yeah I used Velcro on each corner with the soft side on the windshield shade. This way when I use it without the window sticker it won't scratch the tint on the inside of windshield. I should have blocked the prices but had limited time to throw this together so I ran with it. I didn't see anyone really squinting to read the pricing anyway.

12. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Unless it's 40 years or older, I wouldn't. When it's old, it puts some historical context to it. Otherwise, what's the point?

13. Gofastr

Gofastr Karting

Jan 7, 2019
    The point is it's educational. Many people have no idea what motor is in the Ferrari, transmission, options, modifications, etc.

14. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Thats why I left it. To show the specs and options list. When I was younger I hated seeing super cars at shows without being able to read up on them. It's interesting. Yeah we have google now a days but it's nice to see dealer breakdowns. The car geeks appreciate it.