PPF and Ceramic coat together??31 | FerrariChat

PPF and Ceramic coat together??31

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ifeelfree0, Mar 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hi all,
    I know this may have been covered in various ways before however I am hoping to get some detailer opinions in addition to users on this topic. I am having my CS PPF’d with Suntek and then a single ceramic coat. I know the differences and what each application function does for the car. My question is do you have many customers going this route and / or is it overkill? I had a 599 with just film, albeit older, and just didn’t care for the clarity. It was 7 yr old Expel and I know film has come a long way. My goal is ultimate protection and gloss. The cost is reasonable ($3,500) so I don’t want to regret not getting done. Thanks for your comments.

2. AP328

AP328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Canada
    I realize that you want detailers, but I can tell you that apart from my experience, I have a close relationship with the highest quality detailer in our city and he does lots of high end cars and most do film and ceramic coating, unless they want to wax it themselves, in which case they do film followed by wax. I have a number of cars done both ways, depending on how and use the vehicle.

3. ifeelfree0

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I am welcoming all comments. Thx- that seems to be in line where I am headed.

4. MoreGarages413

MoreGarages413 Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Suburban Philadelphia PA
    Full Name:
    Jay B
    The car I just purchased has suntek film on the front and rockers with Kamikaze coating over the whole car. The film is completely unnoticeable and the car has an amazing gloss to it. I will likely go add this combination to some of my other vehicles now that I see how effective it is.

5. ifeelfree0

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Appreciate all comments. I did both and recently got it back- looks great.

eyeman1234 likes this.