Clutch slip on my new 360 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Clutch slip on my new 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by PurpleHaze, Jul 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #76 JAM1, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    When starting out from a standstill, the car will "slip" the clutch, meaning it isn't fully engaged, up to about 2-2200 RPM.

Maybe it's my throttle technique... I guess if I just hit the gas rather an easing it on, the slippage doesn't seem as prolonged.

2. Camdon53

Camdon53 Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    When starting from stopped, the 360 F1 system does a remarkably efficient job of slipping the clutch until a very smooth transition to full engagement is achieved. The point of full engagement does not depend on any single factor (like RPM or mph) but a complex dynamic balance of those and more (e.g., gas peddle throw). Bottom line is that full clutch bite should be apparent in approximately 1 car length, two at most. If you’re consistently taking more than a single car length for full clutch bite, something is wrong either with the car or with your throttle technique. Here’s a recent thread talking about F1 technique and clutch life:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316605

3. Arthur Leonard

Feb 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    fogbank1
    Who do you recommend please, I need clutch throw out bearing and replacement of the plastic part below the shifter. I Live in Long Island in NY