Gear selection difficult | FerrariChat

Gear selection difficult

Discussion in '360/430' started by Phil.c, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

I have had problems selecting 5th gear for a long time, last year I had Ferrari install a new clutch, I notice now that gear selection is sometimes not possible with certain gears but not always, sometimes they select with no problem, sometimes they just won't go in. This can happen on high and low revs, I am told that it could be bushed under the lever, any ideas please.

F430 Manual.

Phil

2. Reddesire348

Reddesire348 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    Sounds very worrying. I have a 360 manual which I assume is not that different and the 6 speed box is one of the nicest, smoothest boxes I have ever driven.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Not worrying. Do this.

https://www.ricambiamerica.com/174967-manual-gear-lever-bushing.html

4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If the shifter bushing doesn't work, make sure your reverse lockout block (under the gate) is properly aligned. It could be a bit too far to the left.

5. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    My understanding is there's a little bit of an art to getting the linkages adjusted just right.

6. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

Thanks all.

7. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I can confirm there's a certain art to getting those linkages placed just right. One of the cables popped off on my shifter (going uphill, which was scary!), and the garage, whilst having set things back in place, made moving to some gears a challenge... They needed a bit of time to move things around and test drive it until it felt good again.

8. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Does the transmission grind when trying to go into gear?

9. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

No the gear just won't go in, it's like the stick is jammed, the strange thing is that there could be days when everything is fine, then one day one or sometimes more gears can't be selected?