FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 30, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    I share all the excitement about Leclerc. He made Vettel look like a Bottas today.
    But Leclerc's opening lap was really concerning. He seems to have been stuck in some panic mode for a while.

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I don’t disagree. However I am still wondering what he was referring to in the interview. I’ll watch it again.

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Well, leading the parade lap is obviously different from just following in line.

4. John.D

John.D Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2009
    France
    thank you Renault for this podium.

Vettel can blame himself without his mistake he beat for the victory ... despite the race podium forgot for FERRARI

5. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    He's a smart kid. I doubt that happens again.

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Now that I´ve vented about the cons, the pros:

* They said they had fixed the car after Australia and they delivered.
    * After a disappointing start, Leclerc is already up there. I thought he´d need 4 or 5 races.
    * The crew looked really pissed after this defeat. I hope that translates in a wrath that seethes like wave.

Robb, yamashek, Makuono and 1 other person like this.
  7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I don't think so. He was being attacked because his slow start made him vulnerable and it's a Catch-22 situation because the more you defend, the harder it is to get a rhythm. A bit like when Vettel was caught up by Hamilton who's tires were up to temp already.

To Leclerc's credit he didn't smash or spin, collected himself and then attacked.

F2003-GA and DGS like this.
  8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Though now there may be an engine penalty looming because of the failed MGU-H to complicate matters.

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    What happened today is just unbelievable for the Scuderia!

10. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Now that kind of crap simply has to change . . . . Who would benefit from a Draconian punishment like that? Certainly not the fans.

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Congratulations to Hamilton well executed race and gracious towards Leclerc. Bad luck to Charles hopefully Ferrari gets that issue sorted ASAP.

Mentally fragile Vettel chokes again. Hasnt skipped a beat from last season.

ATBNM3, yamashek and gt4me like this.
  12. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I will state the obvious , Vettel can’t race wheel to wheel , very fast driver and lapper but not mentally strong to take continuous pressure , at the F1 level anyway . He has to go , Ferrari would be out of their mind to keep him after this season , the new star is here

Robb, ATBNM3, yamashek and 2 others like this.
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Good point. I'm pretty sure Charles worked it out himself also. Basic math. Can't even call it math....just substractions!

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I fear Mercedes has again the significantly better car.
    Perhaps Ferrari can improve things but the gap is already more than driver talent

15. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Well, a disappointing race for sure. Charles Leclerc is clearly a future champion. I say that by the margin he pulled over Vettel and the rest of the field, and then when it all started to crumble he was still calm, and was strategically working out what to do. his apology to the team on the radio was 1st class. Vettel on the other hand ... I'm starting to think some here may be right. I think he may be past his sell by date. There is something wrong with motivation, he seems stressed and desperate. the spin and falling off on the tires ... just crazy.

Ferrari... they have to get it together fast. devastating for Leclerc... and the team, they clearly had the speed and were easily in control of the race, and the strategy calls were good.... close but no cigar. Mercedes needs to be worried, and Hamilton said it best they have work to do.... thing is they will do it vs. Ferrari who I hope don't start infighting. I think Vettel is demoralized .... Leclerc is under his skin like Webber and Riccardo were...

Robb, yamashek and crinoid like this.
  16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    In German TV he was asked whether he had technical problems or what caused the spin and he clearly said "it was my fault", not much room for interpretation

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  17. yamashek

yamashek Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

LEC will be the hope for us this year. Go LEC, he will be the only one taking on the two Mercedes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

375+ likes this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    You have to use 3 first. After 3 then it's grid penalties.

Long term, yes grid penalties look to be looming down the road.

19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    What a race that was. As a Ferrari fan, that was bitter sweet. It was like being back in the 80s and knowing that even though the Ferrari might be in the lead, there’s still at least a 50% chance of a mechanical dnf.

Leclerc is a clear future star. It’s wonderful to see, unless your name is Vettel.

Merc are clearly a way off the pace, but have still managed to max out the points and have a big lead already. Can we catch them???? I hope so.

As for Bottas - back to his usual number 2 driver status today. Australia was clearly a one off for him.

Onwards to China - and a Ferrari 1 2!!!

ATBNM3 and Nospinzone like this.
  20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The glaring difference between Charles and Vettel now in this period.

21. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I don't get the constant spin out by Seb. Save all the "He sucks" comments because he's a top tier driver and that's not debatable . Someone mentioned last year that most all of the spins happened the same way as if when the car is in a certain position the aero is interrupted in such a way that dramatically destabilizes the car. Still... if that is the case... he should be aware of it and certainly handle it... but it's just a little odd to me that this keeps happening.

375+, yamashek, stavura and 2 others like this.
  22. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    No. Good wingmen have your back. Vettel can't e even do that.

ATBNM3 and ingegnere like this.
  23. DF1

There is clearly an issue of wheel to wheel race craft lacking. The errors are for the most part 'unforced'. Preventable and attacking at the wrong time, beginning of the race many times in last season.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  24. DF1

Ferrari: Leclerc's Bahrain GP issue was cylinder failure, not MGU-H - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/142493/ferrari-leclerc-issue-cylinder-failure-not-mguh

Ferrari has revealed Charles Leclerc's loss of power while leading Formula 1's Bahrain Grand Prix was the result of an engine-cylinder failure and not the MGU-H, as first indicated.

Polesitter Leclerc dropped to third at the start, but regained the lead early on and looked set to take a brilliant win until he lost power in the closing stages and was passed by Lewis Hamilton.

Radio messages between Leclerc and the Ferrari pitwall suggested the car had lost its MGU-H recovery system, but team principal Mattia Binotto clarified that the issue was solely related to the internal combustion engine.

Binotto said an investigation to find the cause of the problem was taking place, and that Ferrari would carry out further checks to at its Maranello base and in practice for the Chinese Grand Prix.

"We are checking the engine now so we do not have yet a clear explanation of what happened," he said.

"It is an engine problem. We had miscombustion on one cylinder but [the reason is yet] to be understood.

"The engine will go back to Maranello for careful checks because when something like this happens you need to take your time to do your checks carefully. But the engine was running at the end of the race so it is still able to run.

"We will use it certainly on the Friday in China and we have an entire Friday to assess its behaviour, its functionality and its performance."

25. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    All Vettel had to do was bide his time and pass when he had the advantage ........ F1 101.

Robb, yamashek and ingegnere like this.