Speed limiters being mandated from 2022 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Speed limiters being mandated from 2022

Discussion in 'Australia' started by au-yt, Mar 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Our whole US Constitution is written in the spirit and intent of 2A. That rubbish flourished from an oppressed people seeking freedom. It is scary the freedom we have allowed to be chipped away and the simple privacy we now lack.

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Do you realize a new car today will not allow you to back into your garage with radio at full volume? Someone thought it was safer for you and those around you. Insignificant??? Maybe you should demand choice? What freedom will you lose next year? We already are ruled by your credit score. Just wait until your social credit score discriminates against you.

3. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    I sincerely hope this isn't the case, PP's credit score is deep into negative

4. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Really? I think that could be libellous. Well done, **** wit.

5. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    as they say in the US, sue me!

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I know what assets you have. There'd be no point. Plus, there are no damages because no one believes any of the crap you write.

lol...game set and match.

7. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    lol! that dementia of yours is really taking its toll

8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That doesn't even make sense. Situation typical.

9. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    sigh. you should listen to your own advice and stop posting.

10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I've never given myself that advice.

Nice try...love it when I call people out and their whole posting demeanour changes...makes me laugh every single time.

11. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    I didn't say you gave that advice to yourself. sad to see your condition is getting worse

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I didn't say you said I gave the advice to myself. Looks like as senile as I am, I'm still smarter than you. Not that that sets the bar very high.

13. Left Eye of Ra

Nov 17, 2018
    Australia
    #38 Left Eye of Ra, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    As every motorcyclist knows, the best protection against an accident is often the throttle.

I had no interest in cars, and became a convert to high power engines after I was driving a Nissan Maxima (which I had bought for comfort) and accelerated very substantially to avoid a road train that was driving into me and there was no way breaking would have let me avoid it. Was well over the limit once I missed him but it was close run in a 180 odd Kw car. Kids were in the back and we would have died otherwise. Since then, I insist our cars are amg level or above, choosing based on instant throttle, breaking distance, evasive handling and stickiest tires. In the 10 years since, the accelerator has saved my wife once in a similar situation (Kids in the car as well), and I am sure the fat tires and huge breaks on our various cars have been equally helpful in less dramatic fashion.

We would be dead if our cars had been fitted with a speed limiting system, even if an override system which required engaging was fitted. So yes, there are reasons to speed, safety ones, and I politely disagree with the posters suggesting otherwise. I would even suggest they may have performed similar evasive manoeuvres themselves in the past, allowing them to post here in health.

au-yt and IanB like this.