Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 64 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    :(

2. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    I wish it was that low here. We have 120% import tax in HK for cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Surprising, I personally wouldn’t be too thrilled if I was a Pista owner but there are bigger problems in the world...

4. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    Taxes? The power of euphemisms. Something taken by coercion, let's call it what it actually is: extortion.

Napoli and Viperjoe like this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Does Canada have a car manufacturing plant that it imposes import duty to protect local manufacture ?

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Not exactly. Toyota builds cars in Canada the USA and Mexico. Cars built in those three countries because of the NAFTA agreement cross all three borders duty free. If the car is manufactured in any of those three countries there is no duty to be paid. The NAFTA treaty between the three countries was renegotiated this summer but has not been formally ratified yet.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Cars manufactured in the US or Mexico are part of the existing NAFTA agreement and therefore are duty free between the 3 countries. Cars manufactured outside of North America, are subject to the 6.1 % tariff entering Canada.

8. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Unlikely this doesn’t make any sense from both a business and technical perspective.

Pista engine has a lot of expensive lightweight intervals from 488 challenge engine.

Also look at peak torque stats. Pista gets to peak torque at lower RPM suggesting the lightweight internals have an impact.

Shack, LVP488 and JackCongo like this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    To address the business perspective only, Ferrari engines always advance. Evidence the F12 over the 599GTO and the 812 engine over the F12TDF. Here the flagship replacement ups the immediately prior track oriented LEs. It makes even more sense with the Pista and F8 since the Pista is not an LE. For business purposes its cheaper to change nothing associated with costs or assembly that would need to be recouped. Not a single Pista owner will cancel or sell their car because of it and the F8 owner gets increasingly better technology. All cars sold and a waiting list.

Would anyone like it better that the F8 have a lesser engine and why? Doesn't seem to help with other manufacturer competition or the position within their own lineup. Remember, the mid engine cars will slot between a new cheaper V6 and a hybrid V8 so the strategy is more complex than the potential feelings of a few Pista owners where the shine on the apple is a bit duller - until they get their first ride in their new Pista.

Bhh, DRYHOLE, JimPVB and 2 others like this.
  10. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    "Unfortunately, we do not offer wheels for the Ferrari F8 Tributo or any Ferrari models through our aftermarket line of products. Due to the unique methods used to manufacture carbon fiber wheels it is not possible to produce custom “one off” wheel sets to order. The engineering and tooling costs make this impractical. I am sorry that we cannot assist you with your request."-- from Carbon Revolution( makers of carbon wheels for Ferrari)

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Really considering an F8 now - hopefully delivery could be early Q2 2020 (shame on me for being a little bit late on the game).
    €20K of options on top of the base price of €242K (VAT included) seem to build a decent spec (no exuberant carbon apart from wheel with LEDs and paddles).

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I never asked about a one off ?

I commented the real price of the wheels , what they are priced at and at what price Ferrari sells them.

FYI the PCD on the Pista is the same as the 488 GTB.

Fancy selling me a set , im around the corner from you guys , gee was born in Geelong. So can you ? or as I said you promised Ferrari that you wouldn't sell direct to customers ?

What do you say about the below

"A set of four Carbon Revolution CR-9 wheels will now cost from $11850 (MSRP) for five-bolt fitments. This represents a reduction of approximately $4000 compared to the previous retail price. Furthermore, a set of four Carbon Revolution CR-9 wheels with Porsche center lock fittings is now only $13850." So about $ 9,700 USD

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Wonder how the front camera and sensors look like, hope not as bad as the PISTA ?

14. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    In comparison with the 488, they really changed a lot .
    Engine and brake cooling systems as well as aerodynamics concept are completely new.
    Drive train is 1:1 derived from the Pista, just the gearbox software has got a more comfortable setup. In addition, the torque curve ofthe engine is less progressive compared with the Pista.
    Seats are new, steering wheel and most of the dashboard are quite different compared with the 488.
    Front and rear are completely new. Under door covers and side air splitters are also significsntly different as a result of the new aerodynamics.
    Not only a facelift, I would say.

MANDALAY, JimPVB and Ash Patel like this.
  15. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    + 21 598,76 € of "carte grise" ($ 24,263.08 of like a "federal taxes", I don't know how it's happend when you buy a car in the USA)

https://www.service-public.fr/simulateur/calcul/cout-certificat-immatriculation#main

16. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  17. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Just one dude’s opinion but I think Ferrari will be happy with your perspective :)

18. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Not my perspective but facts.
    They published a nicely done 60 pages description! Read it. You will agree with me afterwards.
    ;)

sampelligrino likes this.
  19. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
  20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
  21. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Most of the CF exteriors shown come in matt black, which looks much nicer. Imho.
    I would save the money for more useful things.

MANDALAY and Viperjoe like this.
  22. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I just took the plunge and put a deposit down on the car here in FT Laud. The deposit required was 20 thousand U.S. Question for those who have ordered.....Can the rear splitter be ordered in CF individually or is it part of a CF package?

of2worlds likes this.
  23. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    $20K deposit??? Why so high? My deposit for the 488 Spider was $5K.

24. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I was told high demand and not even expect it till Q2......after order is placed.

25. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    That is just a one year wait. There was a two year wait when I paid my deposit on the 488 Spider. Sounds like they just want to extract more for deposits now.