Maserati Khamsin | Page 300 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thank you Paul. I believe you are referring to a reverse switch for an automatic gear box. These I think have an open or close switch but also a lockout trigger to stop the car being started in gear...unless disengaged like a previous Volvo my wife had.

My car reverse switch only has two terminals and from what I have read. They either allow electricity through, or they do not. They are not polarity sensitive from all I have read. I did discover a small metal box that I can remove from within the car (under the central tunnel leather cover behind the gear change stick) by moving six pop rivets. This should give me access to remove and inspect the switch. Pictures will follow once I have it in hand.. cheers to all.
    Richard

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    If you find that it is impractical to remove the switch or that the switch is indeed normally open and something internal to the gearbox is causing it to behave in a "reverse" manner, there is an alternative. You can use a generic 5 pin relay to reverse the polarity of the switch. The best solution is to figure out why the reverse lights are on when they should not, but fear not as there is always an alternative. We do not want you driving with the reverse lights on all the time :)

Ivan

3. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Hi Richard,
    did you take a look at the pictures in the link I provided, specifically picture 10 which clearly shows the switch on the khamsin gearbox with 4 terminals? It is the same switch that is on the gearbox of my car and consistent with the illustration in the parts manual.
    Regards
    Paul

4. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    What tyres did you put on your K?

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Joe/Italiancars, is that your car? If not can you tell us chassis number and history?
    Grzie in advance, greetings to all from Sicily where I am for a non Maserati.

MK1044 likes this.
  6. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Marc you’re slipping, it took you over 24 hours to respond. You’re Khamie senses need to be checked. Yes that is #1226, generally referred to by MNA at the time as the Khamsin from Hell.

7. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Tires are very old and will be replaced with proper Michelin XWX before it hits the road again. They are Yokohama A008 235/60/15

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Ah yes must be the Sicilian sun:)

9. Michel de Wildt

Nov 23, 2008
  10. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Seems to be kind of private sale.
    Indicated price for K 1142 is 210.000 Euros...

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    That is what it sold for when I entered it for him at Bonhams Grand Palais February 2015 and wrote the auction catalog text, it was bought by a beautiful German lady.

12. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
  13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Joe,

That would be amusing but should be in its own thread not here...plus Peugeot killed hydraulics in Citroen's years ago;-)

14. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    010 likes this.
  15. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
  16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Not that I know of, what makes you ask?
    He simply wanted a Euro version steering wheel on his US version Khamsin that's all

17. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    I see ................ that's why it is always good to ask.
    Thanks Marc.

18. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Marcelle (Khamsin Power Window Cable Issue)...

My Khamsin is still at the paint shop. I thought I would get some pictures of the passenger
    door, as the door panel is currently off. Not sure these will help, but the routing of the cables
    seems to be as au-yt (Graeme) posted with his picture in post 7490.

The photos are hard to decipher, but they might help you. The first is looking from underneath
    the passenger door up towards the bottom of the window lift motor. The second is of one of the bottom cable
    pulley's. The third is of the upper most pulley to the rear of the door.

I believe I have spares of the motor and cables somewhere. If you need to see what this would look
    like, I can probably dig them up and send you pictures.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Jeremy Wilson

Jeremy Wilson Rookie

Oct 6, 2009
    Question for you all.
    What radio was fitted to your Khamsin. Is there any consistency?
    Thanks

20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #7496 Nembo1777, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Hi Jeremy mine -AM120US1242 see photo- had a Blaupunkt Berlin stalk radio with the microphone to dictate letters to one's secretary while gliiiiiiding down the autostrada at top speed of course:) you can't see the microphone in this shot but you can see its bracket. This photo was taken after some major interior work by a later owner, the current oe in Holland, which is why there is protective plastic between parts of the dash.

I believe there were all sorts of radios fitted as per client's wishes, perhaps others have info on this. I tried my radio just once while waiting for a train at a rail road crossing, I prefer the sound from the other side of the dashboard:)
    AM120246 near Zurich, a very original car I saw in 2010 had nothing, never had a radio and there was a neat little panel with a trident or Khamsin on it fitted from new to close the hole.

Best regards,

Marc

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    thecarnut and Nembo1777 like this.
  22. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
  23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Now Michael are we to assume that you will use this golden -sorry silver- occasion to at long last remove the Walrus tusks Ralf Nader disfigurements -i.e. the US bumpers- and allow you K to blossom in all its beauty with the Euro bumpers it deserves:D?!

24. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Rear side marker lights are staying so maybe not?