Ferrari Financial servuces-best interest rate 5.99%? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Financial servuces-best interest rate 5.99%?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ewright, Mar 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Hi all: in the midst of purchasing a certified pre owner F12 from a dealer. I’ve got stellar credit, and the dealer is telling me that the best rate thaf Ferrari financial offers with 60 month financing is 5.99%.

In your experience, is this accurate information? I’ve seen lower rates from FFS posted on the various sub forums here in FChat, but if I recall correctly they were typically lease rates on new cars.

Thanks in advance.

2. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Yeah It's pretty high but they don't report to credit bureau's. I went with Suntrust at 4.25% W/823 FICO.

3. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Something tells me these rascals are in business to make money.

blvckintl, daytona355, ryalex and 2 others like this.
  4. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    With excellent credit under 4% for 60 months should be no problem

5. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Rates have definitely shot up recently. My wife’s car loan this weekend was almost 5% with 800-something rating. The 1.9% I got a couple years ago is long gone. Still, closer to 4% may be doable if you search - but make sure it’s true simple interest, not front-loaded like many credit unions seem to do.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You know what, maybe it’s a Uk thing, but even though I’m in financial services myself, I have never ever bothered to check the interest rate applicable to any of the car finances I’ve had, and there have been lots and lots..... to me it’s a case of getting the best car that I want, and can I afford the monthly payment.... long as those two things are present, who cares! I have no problem with a company lending me money and making some profit

Then again, if I hadn’t worked through 50+ cars from 2003 to 2010, maybe I would be rich :)

Scratch that, I know I’d be rich, because I’d still own one or another special cars and be able to sell for massive products - MC12, Bugatti EB110SS, F40 etc. Makes me cry to think of the cars I let go for next to no profit if I’d just been prepared to wait a few years

ryalex likes this.
  7. blvckintl

blvckintl Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2018
    Newport Beach, CA
    A client of mine just got 60 Months at 1.9% via their credit union last week. That was an 830-ish score with solid auto history. Rates are crazy so credit unions are definitely the way to go.

8. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    https://www.lightstream.com

9. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    For clarification: I've been quoted far lower numbers by other lenders, but I'm not looking for the lowest interest rate per se. I am simply wondering whether others have been quoted a rate lower than 6% on a purchase through FFS recently.

blvckintl likes this.
  10. blvckintl

blvckintl Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2018
    Newport Beach, CA
    I'd be interested to know as well. My thinking is they have your buy rate at 4% and want to make the max legal 2% financial reserve. On a F12 that would equate to roughly $5,000 in profit for them.

ewright likes this.
  11. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Use FFS. Brownie points. Pay the load off in 7 months. Keep it for 6 or your dealer is dinged.

ewright likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dont use ffs if u care about building credit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Call PenFed , stellar credit 1.49 for 36 months. I received an email last week. Best,Kirk.

blvckintl likes this.