488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 156 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Photos by: Kevin Wellens

of2worlds likes this.
  2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    of2worlds and 458-Italia like this.
  4. hanz

hanz Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2014
    I would first like to say a MASSIVE thank you to Mr.Coburn for what is in my opinion one of the most beautiful colours i have ever seen (Rosso Coburn) and for allowing us all to use it. I chose this colour without seeing it in the flesh as i wanted something along the lines of a Fiorano or Fuoco but with more of a red pop to it which i felt the other two didnt give, and boy did it deliver. You really need to see this colour in the flesh to truly appreciate its depth and how it changes in different angles and lighting. In direct sunlight it comes alive to give that red pop i was looking for but becomes more of a deep blood red in darker conditions, without the orange'ish effect Fiorano/Fuoco give. Went for a double black stripe with Nero Daytona for the outer and Nero Ds 1250 for the inner.

As for the interior, i went for a mix between Couio and Black alcantara with black stitching as i always liked that classic colour combo and thought going lighter in beige wouldnt be a good idea in terms of long term durability, and thankfully it turned out better than expected. The only thing i wasnt sure of was the alcantara part on the doors but was very happy that i went the direction i did as it gives a nice contrast with the carbon fibre compared to having it in black which would have blended both in. For some reason the interior looks to be a bit lighter than in reality as its a tad darker, although nothing like the image the configurator gives which is more tan/orange.

As for the car, what a spectacular MACHINE it is. I previously owned a speciale and used it to its fullest, took it on long road trips across mountain passes in Europe as well as tracking it and it was a one hell of a car. I havent even scratched the surface of the Pista and one word comes to mind, SCARY!!....The manner in which it picks up speed is outrageous, and it does it with complete ease with the right amount of violence and emotion.

Some might say the Speciale has more soul because of its NA engine but to be honest i am looking at it from a complete package point of view, and to me this eclipses it in every way. It has a jekyll and hyde type of personality, on the motorway its very comfortable (for the type of car it is) and im sure on track it will be one hell of a weapon. Along with AppleCar and generally a much better user interface, this car is as close to perfect as i have experienced.

In the past few days i have put nearly 500 miles on it with a smile from ear to ear and cannot wait to add to that......Ferrari KILLED it with this one!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bmill, elmadi, Pammondson and 22 others like this.
  5. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Spectacular!!! Some questions:

1) Did you compare it with Rosso Maranello? Curious what's your thoughts are on the difference.
    2) Is it the same cost as other triple layers (maranello and fuoco) or is it a four layer?
    3) Can you post some more pics of the interior, especially the back wall. Curious what you did there. Is that Cuoio or beige traditione alcantera?

Thx!

6. hanz

hanz Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2014

1. never saw Rosso Maranello in real life but looked more dull and a darker shade which wasnt my angle
    2. Was more expensive than triple layer paint such as fiorano/fuoco (which i assume is triple layer but could be wrong)
    3. The back wall is a mixture of black alcantara on the lower section and cuoio on the upper....unfortunately dont have pics of that section

7. petretta

petretta Karting

Mar 5, 2010
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    DP
    Most spectacular spec I've seen yet. Such a gamble to select a color site unseen. Congratulations!!

bwshihtzu and of2worlds like this.
  8. hanz

hanz Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2014
    Thank you and johnr265 for your very kind words

9. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Any other pics of the exterior in different lighting? In particular full sun and/or artificial light? Thx!

10. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I ordered mine in Rosso Coburn, also without seeing it in the flesh. Sounds like I made the right choice. My livery is Argento Metalizzato (more shiny than Nurburgring) and black.

of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  11. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Clothaire, mkultra and bwshihtzu like this.
  12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Love your car

hanz likes this.
  13. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Is this not the (only) pictures thread here ? :)

14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Hanz, you stuck the landing on that one. WOW! Absolute perfection. Enjoy in good health my friend.

bwshihtzu, Wouter van Meer and hanz like this.
  15. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    That is an absolutely spectacular spec! Congratulations and enjoy. I am less than 30 days out on mine and can’t wait to experience the “violence and emotion” you describe.

hanz likes this.
  16. Ekki F

Ekki F Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    Congrats! absolutely beautiful spec!
    Can you tell us, if Ferrari renamed the colour Rosso Coburn to another name? Please post a picture if the PPG colour shield. Thanks!

of2worlds and hanz like this.
  17. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I would be very keen to know if you intend to use the Pista like your Speciale? i.e. read trips, mountain passes etc.

18. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
  19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    lamborarri likes this.
  20. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    Bundy likes this.
  21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Gorgeous!

hanz likes this.
  22. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    Akellums, Juli, of2worlds and 7 others like this.
  23. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Very nice, azzuro dino ?

of2worlds likes this.