Wanted - Wanted: Bimota SB8K | FerrariChat

Wanted Wanted: Bimota SB8K

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Gle8, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sold mine a few years back, and realized it was a mistake. Looking for a Bimota SB8K Santamonica or Gobert.

Prefer euro version (with carbon tank) but open to any in good condition. Would prefer low miles, but upkeep and presentation are more important to me.

Planning on riding it, so no crate or 0 mile examples please.

Thanks!

2. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Good look with the search. That’s a rare bird. The SB8R I had would never run right and it wasn’t for lack of trying lol.

The “go-show” Anthony Gobert was one of my favorites. Thinking of the wet race he won at Phillip Island on the Bimota in 2000 always makes me smile.

In 1999 I rode my CBR900RR from Seattle down into Mexico with a buddy. We stopped in Phoenix for the AMA Superbike race. After the race the only autograph I wanted was Gobert’s. Mladin, Bostrom, Russell, Hayden, etc... all fine racers but I wanted the go-show!

Anthony was looking a little haggard after the race. I remember thinking “man this guy needs a beer and a shot”. I handed him my pit pass and asked him to sign it “To Lisa, blondes rule!”

Instantly his demeanor changed. He cheered right up and drawled in that thick aussie voice.... “yah cuz... THEY DO!”

Mladin (if memory serves he won the race that day) was sitting next to him and rolling his eyes as if he’d seen this all before.

Anyway. That’s my Gobert story. My friend Lisa still has his autograph.

Gle8 and GuyIncognito like this.
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    who is the Fchatter with the huge sport bike collection in the Northeast? he might have one, or know where one is.

4. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    You must mean Pete. He bought an R7 from me back in the day. What a stupid move on my part lol.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/speedy-pete.674/

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  6. davenichols

davenichols Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    I have a SB6R if you happen to know anyone who is looking for one. Its a 4,000 mile bike with optional titanium exhaust.

7. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I bought my SB8K Santamonica about 10 years ago. Found one with 400 miles on it and got him down to $12K. Doubt I'll ever find a deal like that again, but such is life.

8. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    Not exactly what you are looking for but this bike is for sale on advriders.com

2000 Bimota SB8RS
    I bought this bike from an infamous Bimota collector in Denver. Turns out I'm not a collector and would rather ride. This bike is for Riders. ~26K miles. Probably less than 100 of these "RS" still exist. This is Old School Superbike Exotica. Vt-win Engine from the Suzuki TLR. Frame and Bodywork via Italian dreamers in Rimini.
    $8k, will ship
    Bike located in Santa Fe NM Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Cant seem to find the link...

10. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I actually know the Denver guy, pretty sure I've seen this bike before. That said, $8K for a Bimota to throw around the mountains ain't half bad. Send me the link if you get a chance. Thanks!