Magic quits the Lakers | FerrariChat

Magic quits the Lakers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Apr 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Pretty shocking

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/magic-johnson-steps-down-as-lakers-president/ar-BBVMvFR

Johnson stepped down as the organization’s president of basketball operations on Tuesday night, he announced at a press conference.

According to ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, Johnson said his job with the Lakers doesn’t “allow him to be the statesman of the game of basketball,” and that he can’t be himself.

“I was happier when I wasn’t the president (of the Lakers),” Johnson said, via McMenamin.

Johnson said that he loves owner Jeanie Buss “like a sister,” though he hasn’t informed her yet that he is stepping down.

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    More turmoil inside an organization where Lebron goes? Color me shocked.:eek::eek::eek:

When are people going to realize, he may be one of the greastest to play, but he is a cancer.

3. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Good call bailing a sinking ship. Lakers went into a tailspin after the Anthony Davis fiasco. All-star caliber players will think twice about playing with LBJ.

JAM1 and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    In Laker land this is a tragedy. How far the team has fallen that even Magic quits.

BMW.SauberF1Team and AceMaster like this.
  6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree

Bradwilliams likes this.
  8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    And now Luke Walton is gone. When it rains it pours...

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Frankly, Magic is one of the reasons for the fall.

10. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

The question I am asking as of now is what is the story with the media's OBSESSION over Lebron James? Why are they so biased towards him? Is it because they became so invested in the narrative of hyping him up as "the greatest ever" when it couldn't be more clear that he is not and never will be even close? Why do they continue to herald him as the pied piper/ambassador of the league no matter how bizarre and immature his behavior is? No matter how much he whines, complains, and attacks the president of the United States? Is that why they love him so?

I think the best illustration to show how biased the press is toward him can be shown with Kevin Durant and Steph Curry (especially steph Curry). Both are better clutch players and have more basketball skills and intelligence than "the king" Steph Curry is a class act, he plays his butt off, leads his team, AND IS A WINNER. It looks as if they are on their way to a 3-peat this year and it seems like the sports media could care less. How often does a 3 peat happen? Once every 10 years? 20? Is the press still going to be fawning over this punk Lebron next year after Steph curry has a 3 peat? If so it will CLEARLY illustrate how much of a joke the press has become. Steph Curry should be the ambassador of the NBA and the guy who the kids should be looking up to not that jerk off. But I guess it is more fashionable today to keep bowing down to Lebron James because "he keeps it real." What a joke.

I think the media is just upset that Lebron didn't live up to the hype and they just can't give up the narrative and admit that he isn't what they hyped him up to be. Some media outlets have slowly turned against him, and I think once he gets two or three more seasons with nothing to show then they will finally give it up and call him a "jordan fraud" just like they did with Kobe Bryant at the end of his career. But at least Kobe Bryant didn't go on national television and call himself "the greatest ever" He openly stated that nobody would ever surpass Michael Jordan. Oh, and Bryant was also a far better basketball player than Mr. James. More titles, and a 3 peat

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-playoffs-2019-warriors-steph-curry-sets-nba-record-for-career-3-pointers-made-in-postseason/

JAM1 likes this.
  11. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I think Magic quit because he was not allowed to be 'Magic' by the NBA itself, or much of what makes him such a
    good ambassador for the game would be considered 'tampering', so he was on a short leash. Unlike Michael Jordan,
    Magic liked talking about the players openly, but he couldn't do that anymore.
    I also think him resigning has a lot to do with the Luke Walton situation, I think Magic was told to fire Luke but
    didn't want to do that, he knew Walton wasn't the problem, LeBron is. Which we ALL know.

It's funny: people tune in to watch LeBron - I am the opposite, I turn it off, it's kinda sickening to watch
    that guy, or maybe more to the point, it's more sickening to listen to the announcers rave about every move the guy makes,
    especially when he doesn't move like he used to. Announcers don't seem to notice...

JAM1 likes this.
  12. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The MEDIA always has to pick someone to either get behind or slaughter.

In the NFL they seem to love to beat up Aaron Rodgers for how he treats those around him,
    and they love other guys such as Brady, Gronk, JJ Watt.

In the NBA they seem to love Shaq, LeBron, Steph Curry, D Wade, but like to beat on Kevin Love,
    Dramond Green.

I cannot spell 'NHL' so I don't know, in Indycar they seemed to like to pick on Paul Tracy but liked others.

The best example is Trump.
    The guy is slaughtered every minute of every day - some of it deservedly so, but Jesus it's never ending,
    and quite frankly sickening. But you never hear a bad word about Pelosi, she's perfect (sic)