365 gt 2+2 differential workshop manual | FerrariChat

365 gt 2+2 differential workshop manual

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 365gtfr, Apr 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 365gtfr

365gtfr Karting

Dec 8, 2016
    France
    I need to change pinion and crown in my differential and I'm looking for documentation about it. (gruppo diffenziale). Any help would be very appreciated ;-) Thank you

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you have original CP or aftermarket pieces?
    where are you located in F? ir near mulhouse/eslsace you could come around to me and I could help. located on the german side but directly at the border to F and CH

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the rear axle is still in the car?

4. 365gtfr

365gtfr Karting

Dec 8, 2016
    France
    I will order the parts this week (remanufacturing). The differential is being dismantled. My mechanic does not have the technical documentation on this part, that's why I'm looking for information.

Otherwise I'm in the southwest of France.

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if you get the remanufacturing parts it says exactly the distance of the pinion form the centerline.
    the rest is craftsmanwork

6. 365gtfr

365gtfr Karting

Dec 8, 2016
    France
    Thank you turbo-joe. But I know it exists a technical manual about the differential. If I could find a pdf version it would be a plus ;-)

7. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    I have an extra manual if needed?

8. 365gtfr

365gtfr Karting

Dec 8, 2016
    France
  9. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    I also have a few original differential manuals if anyone is interested

10. 365gtfr

365gtfr Karting

Dec 8, 2016
    France
    Thank you for your offer, I got a copy back.

11. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    Worthy of Note: Pay particular attention to: "pre-load and backlash" during set-up.
    This is the MOST critical aspect of ANY Ferrari rear end/transaxle final drive assembly.
    NEW bearings all around....seals naturally....the proper set-up will almost certainly require the fabrication, and precision grinding of spacers for the "carrier" bearings.
    If your manuals are all talking about: the PULLEYS AND PROTRACTOR METHODOLOGY, YOU WILL NEED TO DO SOME ARITHMETIC/MINOR TRIG to get a useable inch/lbs. and, newton meter values.

Proper "print" on the crown wheel gear is vital, but, no more so than: the end float, preload, and the actual backlash...
    ALL are measure-able values.
    Lastly, if the LSD unit is a ZF, this preload is also critical AND adjustment will affect ALL of the above mentioned previously obtained values!
    Therefore, checking your work EVERY step, and rechecking it, is essential....
    This is why Ferrari of NORTH America HAD ONLYONE WOODEN TOOL BOX WITH THE SET UP TOOLS REQUIRED TO DO THIS PINION SHAFT/LSD SETUP FOR: 512BB/BBI, TestaRossa, 512TRs/Ms....

TOO loose, and stuff howls, too tight, and you will eat the gear FACINGS....
    GOOD LUCK!

turbo-joe likes this.
  12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    to adjust a single diff like a 365 GT 2+2 has is of course much easier than adjusting the diff from a flat 12 family car