About to order an 812... | FerrariChat

About to order an 812...

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Corsair66, Apr 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Since selling my F430 last fall, I've been itching for another Ferrari and really wanted the front-engine V12 GT car experience, as that's always been such an essential part of the marque's DNA. After test driving the 812 back in February, I knew that I'd have to get one.

I've probably driven my sales guy nuts with half a dozen spec revisions, but have finally arrived at the final version, pending any last-minute changes while awaiting build commencement:
    • Rosso Corsa exterior
    • Scuderia shields
    • Silver forged racing wheels
    • Red calipers
    • Nero interior & carpets
    • Daytona seats - full electric
    • Rosso stitching, inner details, seatbelts, Daytona seat stripes, and cavallino
    • Yellow tach
    • Colored mats with logo
    • Tricolore center console buttons
    • Carbon fiber driver zone, dashboard inserts, central bridge, and cup holder
    • Adaptive front lights
    • Suspension lift
    I initially had the passenger screen and HiFi stereo on there, too, but dropped both, as my wife definitely doesn't need to know exactly how fast I was driving and I almost never listen to the radio in the car.

Anything else that jumps out as a glaring omission?

Ken

lamborarri likes this.
  2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Rosso 70th Anni - exterior colour :)

3. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    A great-looking color, to be sure, but it was always going to be Rosso Corsa or TDF for me and the red won out. :D

Shack likes this.
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Congrats - we're waiting for pictures of your car :)

5. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks! I'm definitely excited for my first new Ferrari, but it's going to be a long wait. Probably about a year, from what I'm hearing. On the bright side, it's going to take me at least the rest of 2019 to finish my airplane project and clear the 812's garage space, so it ought to work out well.

6. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Get the passenger screen, it has much better display than the one in F12. It has more info than just your driving now. Plus, if you dont like it you can always turn it off.

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Color choices are always subjective so I hesitate to comment...but...your car is red and you’re doing yellow Daytona inserts with yellow stitching?

8. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Nope, that’s all Rosso. Only the tach is yellow.

9. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Leather rear parcel shelf (SHF3). Standard finish is carpet (functional and little risk of damaging carpet, but leather rear shelf is freat lux feel and reminds me of the classic models).

And if you do that, leather headliner too. Standard is alcantara. Nice, but you end up with a number of different materials if you keep standard interior. If you keep all any headliner consider also specifying Roof upperzone in alcantara for consistency.

All personal of course - just get what you will like / enjoy most.

10. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Your spec is pretty close to what I had in my F12. You will definitely enjoy the color combo.

Personally I'm glad I got the hi-fi, although I don't use it a ton it's nice to have the good one when you want to crank it up.

If you use an apple phone I definitely would get the car play. It brings the electronics up to a more modern level.

The luggage is amazing if you travel with the car.

11. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Good info. I didn't realize the default headliner was alcantara. I'll have to inquire about getting the leather one. I completely get the appeal of the leather rear shelf, but would rather have the carpet and not chance damaging it.

I debated about the hi-fi, but really don't listen to the radio in the car. Maybe NPR a few times each year if I'm bored on a long trip, but almost never music. All I really want from my car speakers is phone and GPS audio.

I do have an iPhone, but didn't opt for the CarPlay. Since we get call connectivity via Bluetooth, what's the benefit to the extra feature?

I just asked my wife if she wanted the luggage, but she preferred her normal rolling bag. Do you have pics of the luggage to share?

LightGuy likes this.
  12. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Can you list a summary of the additional features over the F12 display? or direct me to where that info can be found?

I am opting out of the display (~$7k) on my 812 since I think the display in my F12 is not a big deal

13. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Here is a quick video of the passenger display screen in a GTC4Lusso which will be similar to the what is available on the 812 Superfast. IT is much improved over the display offered on the F12.

Corsair66 and lamborarri like this.
  14. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    While that certainly looks cool, I'd rather have my passenger sitting with his back against the seat, not leaning forward and poking at the display.

LightGuy likes this.
  15. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Mandatory! :D

Shack likes this.
  16. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    That is 7 grand ? I see someone using it half a dozen times then the thrill is gone.
    A grand a pop.
    Plus something else to fail.
    Nah.

PS I'd spec it with as little carbon fiber bits as possible. I dont like the cheesy CF stuff in my GT2.
    Comparing 599 interiors, which is my budget, I actually much prefer the leather dash, doors and such.
    Yes Carbon fiber in a F40 or Scuderia etc "street racer" / track car but the 812 is not that IMO.

17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Good for your wife !
    Lord knows what the luggage would cost.
    Plus you'd never use it.
    Or it would "wreck" it getting scuffed and all.

18. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    The luggage for the shelf back and the rear trolleys was $15k on my car. YMMV.

The Apple Carplay stuff is a level of integration beyond bluetooth. You can basically use elements of your phone on the dash. It works well I'm glad I got it even though it's another mini-fortune.

19. heidy3

heidy3 Rookie

Apr 20, 2017
    Hello all,
    today i was specing my 812.
    Grigio silverstone, Racing seats , Interior charcoal in Alcantara, upper dash in black, Inside Carbon except the middel tunnel, and autside no carbon. And certain other goodies
    Apple car play is imho waste of money. Dealer told me it´s not worth it. Beside I want to listen to the engine.
    What is quite disturbing to me is the price for extra´s in the US. Europe is for sure cheaper.
    Ask the dealer if a friend could order a 812 and what time to delivery. He told me, he can take no more orders. They are working of the signed contracts.
    Furthermore he is quite sure that will be the last N/A V12.
    Hope so.
    Delivery is March April 2020

20. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I dunno I've really enjoyed Carplay so far. If you use your iphone it's worth it. If not then probably not.

For those wondering about the luggage here is a pic of one of my rear parcel shelves for my 812. You can order these or the trolleys for the back, or both. We do plan on using this luggage to travel in the car for club events etc.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

lamborarri and ajr550 like this.
  21. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Wow!!!

Beautiful. How much is the luggage option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I completely,agree on apple CarPlay - it is expensive but I use it all the time and it is much better than Bluetooth. Spotify works seamlessly, if I need nav then it is always easier using the iPhone to search for destinations before I even get in the car, Siri works well for messages and calls which, even when I’m driving Ferraris I still need to sort out.

Also, did I see the carbon wheel with the shift lights in your spec? That’s number 1 on the list for me. If you don’t like interior carbon you can have the wheel covered in leather which I have done.

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not really, the N/A V12 will live on.

25. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    That's the first wish I have read on this forum for the end of the N/A V12. I hope it lives on (as, I think, do most who love this kind of engineering for itself). Would be a huge loss to see such an engineering marvel disappear from manufacture / further development.