The Boys are done doing a regular show. I cried along with Jezza... | FerrariChat

The Boys are done doing a regular show. I cried along with Jezza...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Golden Steed, Apr 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Golden Steed

Golden Steed Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Golden Steed
    No bull. I did.

The Grand Tour announced in their finale that their regular show was done and they'd only be doing periodic specials. If you love cars the way I do, if you love the Boys and their irreverence the way I do, it's a sad moment.

One thing I really liked about the finale, is they hit on a point I've been making here in these pages. They talked about the death of the Mondeo and how it's analogous to the end of their show. Car companies are cancelling cars left and right in favor of SUV/Crossover vehicles (station wagons). They're following the market, and I understand that, but there's no passion in these things. They are appliances.

It's like watching Brady win 6 rings. This fraud of a QB who hides behind the rules, while defense in the league dies a slow death. Watching the car industry morph into a toaster and blender factory at the same time that some of the most beautiful, efficient, and fastest cars in history are being produced.

It hurts. And I worry that the day is coming that enthusiast cars become rare oddities. So to with the Boys and their show. Rarely do you get such a great combination of humor, education, entertainment and enthusiast culture from one place. I'm glad their not gone for good, but still sad that it won't be the whole pie anymore.

The Boys can never be replaced. It was a great 17 years.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    We will all wait for the first special where they slide cars all over the place and do smoky burnouts and dumb things to "the boys are back in town" can't wait gentlemen.

These guys would make wheelchair reviews fun

daytona355 and Golden Steed like this.
  3. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Stared to show its age.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It was announced in December season 4 would be specials-only and not tent. Honestly, I prefer the specials to the regular studio-only episodes. The guests and short segments on new car news never did much for me and grew long in the tooth. I like how they slowly phased those parts out.

I ALWAYS looked forward to their specials and there is still plenty of opportunities to do lap times in super cars and have Abbie a part of it (see Urus episode). And also a complete 180 like the Mongolia episode. It will be a better show imo. Three dudes making fun of one another traveling amazing scenery in everything from old caravans/RVs to supecars. I can't wait!

daytona355 likes this.
  5. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    James' recent historical segments were outstanding. I think they should let him do more of those. However, I always liked the specials because of the spectacular footage of places I'll likely never visit in person.

BMW.SauberF1Team and daytona355 like this.
  6. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    My bet is that James ends up doing his own thing with the historical stuff in a different context anyway.

7. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    You ruined a great post with that anti Brady nonsense.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

;)

arizonaitalian likes this.