Did you drive your Dino today? I did! | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Did you drive your Dino today? I did!

Discussion in '206/246' started by dinogts, Nov 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    All four center instruments in vertical alignment....perfect running machinery.

Best Peter

2. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
    Thank you for noticing! My Dino did run perfectly.
    I have also noticed a couple of things about my Dino.
    1. As I get older, the Dino seem to be getting smaller and smaller. Go figure.
    2. After about an hour of continuous driving, the beautiful engine sound seemed to turn into a drone.....kind of like being on a long airplane flight. Maybe that is just my ears getting older too. I just happened to have my iPhone X with me. Believe it or not, the Dino did not come with bluetooth capability. So I used my bluetooth noise cancelling earbuds and they took away the drone but I could still hear the engine. If anyone else here is having the drone problem on long drives, you might want to try noise cancelling ear buds. I hope this is not blasphemy. I would never suggest this on a short drive.....the sound is just too beautiful.

3. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    I have the same experience with the engine noise on highways at high speed. First 100 km I enjoy, hereafter the engine noise is too much. Same solution with noise reducing earphones hooked up to my Iphone and some good music from the eighties...-:)

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Having driven mine for an average of six hours a day for four days to Maranello this summer, and the same back again, I didn't tire of the noise at all. I am totally hooked! :):):)

synchro, LARRYH and pshoejberg like this.
  5. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Performed same trip to Italy with my wife in the passenger side. She was not overly impressed with what I called the "nice music" from behind. Anyhow conversationn was limited to hand signs down the German autobahn.

Best Peter

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Not a problem for me as I was travelling alone.

7. er72

er72 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2008
    Roslyn Harbor, NY
    Full Name:
    Eugene
  8. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Attached Files:

9. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    The third photo is stunning. How big the other cars are.

10. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Bluebottle and tifoso2728 like this.
  11. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred

Great shots. The shadow shot reminds of my early days with my Dino, in the mid 1970s, when I would see a similar shadow alongside the car as I drove at certain times of day. It was (and is) mesmerizing, and I had to remember to keep my eyes on the road! Thanks for sharing your lovely blue Dino. Fred

dino2X6lover likes this.
  12. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

First full tank of 0% alcohol 92 octane for the New Year, at The Grange - only no alcohol gas since the rebuild 1000 miles ago - either 105 octane race gas or this pump gas at 92. (0% alcohol fuel is a big deal in certain parts of the U.S. during certain times of the year).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#588 dinogts, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Parked while looking at a vintage Ampeg B-15 Fliptop, a Jesse Oliver bass amp (designer of the Ampeg B-15 and B-18 Fliptop), a Supro (think Thunderbolt bass amp used by J. Page on the first Led Zep album), and various keyboards and guitars at Guitar Maniacs in Tacoma, WA - one of the best vintage equipment stores in the U.S. I played both a Chamberlin AND a Mellotron here years ago. Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    well didn't really drive too far today , backed out of garage so i could get to snow tires for my other car. beautiful snow day in seattle area. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bluebottle likes this.
  15. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Sure looks pretty against that white backdrop!

16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    We have been having some great weather for the time of year here in the UK, so Wednesday was the day to wake up some cars that had been snoozing for the winter. I took the Dino out first for a half-hour drive round the Cotswold back roads and it was WONDERFUL! It's been more than two months since I last drove it and I had been suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

I also drove the E-type and the 911. Each very different cars, but each amazing in its own way.

Sorry, I forgot to take a photo until the Dino was back in the garage, so this will have to do:

PhatFrank likes this.
  17. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    You have a beautiful Dino. Congrats.

Bluebottle likes this.
  18. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Bluebottle likes this.
  19. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

These photos were taken about 25 miles away from Vrooom's photo posted on February 4, 2019 in post # 589 above.

Blue Dino Metallizzato is a very interesting color on account of how the color shifts so much depending upon the light and the surface curvature - especially since the color existed way before so many of "flipping" color paints.

20. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    mark, still have snow at my place ! did you get pictures i sent of your car at ERTC last fall ? dz

21. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    I had not used the Dino for months, but thought I should check oil, etc, and drive in anticipation of tomorrow‘s FOCP classic Ferrari meeting. The Dino started after the first try (what a wonderful car).

I found the steering wheel heavy as I maneuvered around the driveway (it isn’t really, but modern sports cars have spoiled me) The view to the rear was fantastic though compared to the new cars. I could see! The steering lightened underway and surprised me with its immediacy and feel. New cars insulate you. I had forgotten the joy of shifting gears myself, and the Dino’s delightful gearbox, with its open gate, reminded of that. It is so nice to have a historic sports car.

took it around my village The morning was quite warm, but the mahogany trees are in bloom, so there were yellow flowers covering the roads and streaming from the trees into the windshield . Beautiful. What a joy.

Bluebottle and DinoLasse like this.
  22. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    You are making me jealous: I am suffering severe Dino withdrawal symptoms just now. I haven't driven mine for more than 5 weeks: it is in our garage up in GLOS. and various commitments have kept me in Exeter.:(

However, I shall be up there again in just over a fortnight, so then I shall be able to indulge myself.:)

Taking the 550 out tomorrow, which will help.:)

23. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Tootled down to my little place in the country:

No, seriously, over here today is "Drive it Day", when owners of classic cars are encouraged to do just that - get them out and drive them, so that all over the UK people will see a variety of old and interesting cars on the road. Various events are organised and I joined one of those today - a drive from Chateau Impney, near Worcester, along 60 or so miles of back roads to the Classic Motor Hub, in the Cotswolds.

Around 40 cars joined the tour at Chateau Impney (a sort of French chateau in the English countryside, built in the 19th. century for a wealthy gentleman of eclectic / eccentric tastes, now an hotel) and there were another 100+ cars already at the Hub when we arrived.

Rather than posting lots of non-Dino pictures here, I have put them elsewhere: if you want to see some of the other cars that were out today, go to https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/drive-it-day.599296/

PhatFrank likes this.
  24. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sharknose, qvee, OneD and 3 others like this.