488 cost of extended warranty | FerrariChat

488 cost of extended warranty

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by redspyder, Apr 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redspyder

redspyder Karting

Jul 10, 2012
    california
    Full Name:
    Steve Landaker
    Hello, does anyone know the cost of a 2 year factory warranty on a CPO 2018 488 Spider?
    Thanks.

2. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    Not sure if it's still being offered, but I believe FNA had an incentive program through March--two year extension to full factory warranty for $6,500 (on the coupe at least). Essentially a two-year extension for the price of one year. Seems somewhat reasonable on such a complicated vehicle, especially if planning to keep it past the original 3-year warranty period.

3. redspyder

redspyder Karting

Jul 10, 2012
    california
    Full Name:
    Steve Landaker
    THANKS! Your right on with the cost that I have got from the dealer.

Viperjoe and docster like this.
  4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Can someone tell me which dealer offered a two year warranty extension. I am very interested and my local dealer checked with FNA but came up empty. Greatly appreciated.

Thank you ….. joe

5. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    I got the two-year warranty extension through Ron Tonkin Gran Tourismo, in Wilsonville (Portland area), Oregon, when I bought a 488 GTB from them in late February 2019. Dealer rep indicated to me at that time that he didn't know how long that offer was going to be available. Perhaps it expired?

Viperjoe likes this.
  6. redspyder

redspyder Karting

Jul 10, 2012
    california
    Full Name:
    Steve Landaker
    I just purchased a 2 year warranty extension @ Long Island Ferrari NY.

Viperjoe likes this.
  7. Azzuro Blue

Azzuro Blue Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    West Palm, FL
    I own a 570S and numerous people have said you don't want to own a McLaren not under warranty. The Lambo dealer recommended I not get an extended warranty for my Huracan because they were so reliable. (This and younger drivers is my hypothesis for why Huracans seem to have so many more miles than Ferraris). Has the 488 become so complex or stupid expensive to repair that people will hesitate to own off warranty? If so, what happens to the value of these cars when 4 or 5 years old and warranties are no longer available? Too many high end cars of other types hold their value very poorly due to high maintenance costs combined with poor reliability.