599 HGTE #'s | FerrariChat

599 HGTE #'s

Discussion in '612/599' started by gam4, Apr 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    Does someone have accurate productions #'s for 2010 and 2011 599 HGTE?

Thank u

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France
    why only 2010 and 2011?

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Introduced in the US in late 2009 as a 2010 model and production pretty much stopped in 2011, so those are the only model years here in the US. The 60th Anniversary of the 1951 F1 win at Silverstone models were all HGTEs, too, and so were the Aperta chassis.

In Europe you use registration date, which we could care less about here. All US cars have the manufacture date on a plaque. That means in Europe you may show 2012 or even later HGTEs, but we do not. Earlier ones here are conversions.

5. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Terry,

So were the 2012 Alonso Edition 599's truly manufactured in 2011? I thought I saw a US 2012 Alonso advertised on eBay with a plaque stating "May 2012" as manufacture date. Its serial's number was also a higher number than any 2011 model year 599, so probably one of the last 599's delivered because F12 production might have been starting by then.

Thanks for any clarification.

Butch

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Butch- Let me look at my data and see.

All the Alonso and Gonzales 599s I have Monroneys for show 2011 MY. An SA Aperta data plate for 182822 shows May 2011, but I have a Gonzales (375 F1 Livery) with SN 188486, nearly 6000 SNs later, so they may well have been built in 2012. NHTSA data includes 599s, GTOs, SA Apertas, and 60th Anniversary 599s all lumped together. They show 247 total imported for MY 2011 and none for MY 2012. Does not prove there were no MY 2012s, however, since their data is often missing a year or two. What they have is good, but what they missed...

Will have to do some more research. Unfortunately f-register.com does not often have build dates on later Ferraris.

7. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Terry -

I have to admit I wasn't even aware of (Foilan) Gonzales Edition 599's. Were they different from Alonso's as far as looks only? Pictures?

I still can't fathom the asking prices for Alonso 599's at $300k+. IMHO, its livery was on the overtly flamboyant side! Did those have any special or unique mechanical upgrades over the HGTE?

BTW - There's a red/black 2012 HGTE (April 2012 manufacture VIN # ZFFFD60T0B0187689) listed this week on the Hemmings Motor News site. Apparently it's a US-converted EU model which has been fully converted and DOT/EPA compliant. Only has a bit over 8,500 miles yet asking is a very low $159.5K.

Hmmm, something's not adding up due to the low asking price. Possibly replaced the TFT display panel during US conversion to lower used mileage? Or maybe the Ferrari "authorized factory tool" that was reportedly used in a Florida dealership to "reduce" the electronic mileage on LaFerrari's and others to enhance used car selling prices and is a subject of FBI investigations.

Thanks for any reply.
    Butch/Josè

8. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    No “HGTE” embroidery in the seats and yellow tach (vs white) too. Not sure if EU HGTE’s have different configs than US so maybe only HGTE suspension components?

9. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Chris,

My 2011 HGTE is US configured and has no “HGTE” embroidered on the upper seat and has a yellow tach as well, which is very much the same as that original EU configured 2012 599HGTE converted for US compliance.

I also have copies of the window sticker and build sheet for my 599 which confirms the factory installed HGTE option. I’ve also seen another US configured Grigio Silverstone / brown 2010 HGTE advertised on eBay without the “HGTE” seat embroidery and a yellow tach.

Those two features were available factory delete or change options that customers may specify during the ordering process.

Oz-ATL likes this.
  10. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    That is my understanding as well now.

11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Just a different paint job (darker red).

The VIN is for Middle East car not Euro. I don't know about in the US but Middle Eastern cars generally sell for lower prices in Europe because there is often little or no service history and always the worry that the thing is full of sand.

12. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Very good to know Jose. Thanks.

13. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Personally I always preferred Gonzales Edition than Alonso's one !

crinoid likes this.
  14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  15. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
  16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup, too bad we do not have photos of the two versions together. Would show the contrast better.

17. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Thanks Xavier and Terry.

I prefer the Froilan Gonzales design which is simpler compared to the Alonso livery although the scudetti on the Recaro seat headrests are hmmm. The aluminum or titanium external gas cap is a nice touch.

I suppose that makes the 599 model having the most number of variations among the modern Ferraris: GTB, HGTE, Alonso, Gonzales, GTO and XX.

I very much like the 'Gonzales' darker red which is similar to the Mars Red of my 12-yr old SL55-AMG. I believe the lighter Rosso Corsa is actually the Marlboro red hue which was stipulated by Philip Morris as the F1 cars' livery when PM contracted to sponsor Ferrari many moons ago.

Speaking of PM, I wonder if anyone here recalls their old B&W TV ads in the late 50's/early 60's which had a hotel page boy dressed in a page boy monkey-suit with a strapped pillbox hat walking through a swanky hotel lobby while shouting "Calling Philip Morraayyyss"?

18. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    You can't count "Alonso" and "Gonzales" as two different variations when they are just different paint colours (in any case there were three paint options for the 599 60 F1). You might as well say any different paint colour was a variation in that case.

19. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Right and if no mistake, the picture I uploaded of the Gonzales ed. is Rosso Storico, which is why it looked darker.

20. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    What about the SA Aperta ?

21. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    You’re right Xavier, I forgot to include the SA Aperta which is a most beautiful design up close and in person plus a rare machine (total 80?) with the bonkers GTO engine. So if we discount both the Alonso and Gonzales which were simply end-of-model life “Special” liveries, there are still five distinct 599 design versions.

22. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Well I love the 599 but I do not fancy the aperta ( which you got to drive with the roof on at low speed) and you’re right, they produced probably 120 and not 80 units.