I changed my strategy before the race. | FerrariChat

I changed my strategy before the race.

Discussion in 'F1' started by GTS Bruce, Apr 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Viewed practice stats gained hope. Viewed qualifying stats lost hope. Decided not to get up at 2 AM to watch the race. Good choice. May possibly watch delayed later today. Glad I was at COTA last year. Going to skip this year.

Nortonious, daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I skipped last year at COTA. I’ve literally been at every other single COTA F1 race since its inception. Not sure if I’ll go this year... :/

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I wouldn’t waste money going to live races at the moment.... same old boring circus and same results every race... I just turned down tickets to the hospitality for race day at silverstone because I don’t want to be stuck there bored as **** while ferrari mess up yet again, and all those dopey Elton fans are banging on. At least sat in front the tv I can do more productive things while I listen and occasionally look up to check it’s still on, maybe earn some shekels doing bookwork

Isobel, stavura, Nortonious and 3 others like this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree. Was going to Monaco this year but new project + Ferrari doing usual of overpromising and underdelivering, AND Red Bull with chassis issues...don't want my weekend ruined with an elton win.

Isobel, bmwracer and daytona355 like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Monaco is not a power track, and Red Bull has done quite well there in recent years.

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes but they have a chassis problem right now....not risking it and quite busy at the moment in any case.

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No reason to line the pockets of liberty for a foregone conclusion though!

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    This season is already over. Sad.

And people used to complain about Ferrari or Red Bull domination. Lol...this is next level and not ending anytime soon. Anyone cruises to titles in the Merc

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I just finished 3 days of MotoGP in Austin along with a little University of Texas Spring Football last evening and some IndyCar tossed in just now. I did squeeze in some F1 viewings...and I agree with the OPs concept: F1 isn't really going to take center stage for me. Perhaps there will still be some pleasant surprises...

I'll still be hitting COTA for F1 (or maybe more for F2 and F3) and to enjoy some time with fellow Tifosi and motorsports fans. I also enjoy counting shiny new Merc gear with price tags still attached.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’d love to live in the US and follow sports there, they know how to put on a show..... number one... always have cheerleaders!

Nortonious, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Watched Indycar last night. Only thing that needs fixing is the obsession with ****ing commercials

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree. Commercials pay for the TV rights, but they are a pain in the neck.
    Nothing can beat a commercial-free subscription channel for pure enjoyment, IMO.

Nortonious, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    100%

Nortonious and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  14. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Yes. It does add to the experience. I will dump my season tickets if this should change
    One of the grid-podium-girls ran off during the champagne spraying while the other two were quite stalwart. We may need Sid to have a little chat with the young lass about the importance of maintaining a stiff upper lip in such circumstances.

But yes, the commercials are a big detriment.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :D

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hey, let her know I’m in Vegas first week of June, I’ll be more than happy to train her up!