FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This isn't a kindergarden I'm sure we've all heard a swearword before.

Jakuzzi, nietoale1 and daytona355 like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Red Bull has better reliability this year since it has the Honda engine, but they are still short on power.

Last year Toro Rosso was used as a guinea pig for Honda to develop constantly its power units, regardless of grid penalties.

DF1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  3. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Ferrari 308 GTB and william like this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Don't you think enough people have been sacked already?
    The more people you sack indiscriminately in answer to failures, the more you unbalance the team, the more people want to leave, and you really make Ferrari an unattractive place to work !
    The scapegoating, the blame culture and the knee-jerking reactions have to stop.
    The key to make progress is to analyse the faults and the problems, and to empower the people to remedy them.
    It's all about trusting people, and letting them work in serenity, not putting a gun to their head at the slighest incident.

Look at the opposition, look how stable the management at Mercedes is since 2010, and compare that to Ferrari in the same period.

Nuvolari, jgonzalesm6 and 635CSI like this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Binotto is putting his head on the block giving team orders so early in the season.

Ferrari is Lucky that Charles Leclerc has been compliant so far, and hasn't made waves.

But if this backfires (as it seems it does), the Italian media will be looking for blood again.

6. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    This isn't a kindergarden I'm sure we've all heard a swearword before.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    And there are those who have class and express themselves appropriately and those who don't. The word "kindergarten" pretty much describes it.

ATBNM3 and Jakuzzi like this.
  8. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Sorry I was incorrect Tiger won the Masters, golf is officially more interesting than F1, truly a sad day indeed. Good news is Mercedes, Hamilton and Bottas have cured my insomnia,thanks, I truly needed the sleep, mission accomplished.

ATBNM3, 375+ and mcimino like this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Image Unavailable, Please Login No further comment

fil, GLS12, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Thanks for posting - from the article:
    Had Ferrari simply let their drivers race, the picture would potentially look a little different.

From the pace at which he caught him on fresher tyres in Melbourne, it seems likely Leclerc would have passed Vettel for fourth place.

Had they let them race in China, and prioritised the lead driver at pit stops as is normal practice in F1, Leclerc would have finished third, not Vettel.

That would give Leclerc seven more points than he has now - and put him 25 points behind Hamilton, as well as ahead of Verstappen into third place overall. So, ironically, Ferrari would potentially be in a better position in the championship had they not pursued a policy aimed at maximising their position in the championship.

Those points are gone forever now. But if that is not causing some serious pause for thought at Ferrari, one could be forgiven for thinking it probably should be.

subirg, jgonzalesm6, william and 2 others like this.
  11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

So Mission SLEEP NOW??????? :)

subirg, ATBNM3, jgonzalesm6 and 4 others like this.
  12. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    ESPN Replay @ 6:00PM central.

College softball.

Nortonious likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Spot on Bas.

Bas likes this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Max and Leclerc would be like Senna and Prost.

Bas, ATBNM3, Nortonious and 1 other person like this.
  15. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Just so sorry I wasted my time on this sinking boat...

G. Pepper and Jakuzzi like this.
  16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  17. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    I don't get a team that instructs one of its two drivers to slow down to be passed by the other team driver. Granted the closest I've come to managing an F1 team was years ago on my son's Xbox, but telling one of your drivers to slowdown in a sport where winners and losers are sometimes separated by fraction of a second seems rather boneheaded to me.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  18. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    True, as I said since pre-season testing when it was OBVIOUS that Mercedes was sandbagging. :(

daytona355 likes this.
  19. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    I'm not going to count Ferrari out just yet.....there's a lot of season left and tides have turned before.

Nuvolari and william like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    As I am interesting in watching a race, rather than a procession, I really would like Ferrari to catch up and put up a fight with the Mercedes and Verstappen.
    I would like to see some Wheel-to-Wheel racing, and overtakes, not races decided by clever pitwall decisions.
    Whoever dominates, it always ends up being boring in the end.
    On that note, I can't wait for Baku, although that track looks weird to me.

ATBNM3 and 375+ like this.
  21. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Well well...race three and it already is the end of the world and heads should roll. Seriously...look back at all the swings back and forth from seasons before and "change and uncertainty" become the norm. They're behind...wait wait....now their catching up...oh my god they're ahead...no no no, they're blowing it, etc. Everyone was high after testing, then down after Australia, then up from the potential in Bahrain, now we're back down again because of China. And the man who knows it all is Nico Rossberg.

Certainly today was not a first choice for Ferrari fans. The motion picture writer William Goldman said, “Nobody knows anything...... Not one person in the entire motion picture field knows for a certainty what's going to work. Every time out it's a guess and, if you're lucky, an educated one.” Perhaps F1 is (just) slightly more scientific than the movie business...but both are inhabited and run by people...hence the more than just a grain of truth in applying Goldman's words to F1.

Certainly the ban on testing makes it harder to adapt throughout the season. But starting to fire people now will be a gift to Mercedes. Ferrari has to reach inside its deep pockets and spend whatever it needs to make the car work better under all conditions. No need to fire Vettel...he's one of the best four drivers on the track...would be nice if he were one of the best two...but we work with what we have. And let's be honest...if this was easy it really would be much fun.

Nuvolari likes this.
  22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Love the comments, no mercy LOL!

jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 excellent! I love Baku, it is the outlier.

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    After this debacle i would imagine the Nicholas Todt wheels are already turning in placing Leclerc elsewhere within 1 or 2 years.In reality only Merc or Red Bull would be good enough for him ,at the moment.

Gasly is in trouble and they don't have anyone much better to replace him.Bottas still has that question mark hanging over him,yes Merc have Ocon but who would you take between him and Leclerc?

Ferrari need to sort this out pronto.It is not good enough to produce another No 2 .They need a new leader .Vettel is yesterdays man.

Team orders after 10 laps? This must surely be a new world record in stupidity?Oh well at least they achieved something.

daytona355, william and Bas like this.
  25. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    When they the radio comms got broadcasted on the tele I just turned the damn thing off in frustration. I knew it wasn't going to end well and sounds like I was right and was indeed better off going to bed. The only thing preventing the faster driver from helping Ferrari win a title is Ferrari itself...

DF1, ricksb, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.