FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 21 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Binotto has already decided that for his first year at Ferrari Leclerc should back Vettel and not race him.
    He announced it to the press before the season even started, so expect many repeats of the same scenario in future.
    A monumental mistake for many observers, but here you go ... this is Ferrari.
    I feel sorry for Leclerc really, who looks very promising and level-headed: he must feel he is on a leash.

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Depends on whether you would call a stupid undercut attempt in race 1 giving Seb a bad strategy "a team interference". Until then Seb was actually faster...

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    At the start of the race i would imagine that both cars were on similar high power probably flat out trying to catch the Merc's.

Vettel had DRS which would give him 15-20 kph advantage at the end of the zone. ..enough to drift past Leclerc on the long straights in Shanghai.So why didn't he do it?With the DRS wide open he just sat there behind Leclerc .

If he really had to ask if is he allowed to make a pass on anyone including his team mate then Ferrari might as well just quit now.

Would like to hear the full pit radio.

william likes this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If it is soo easy just to "drift past" the one in front, why don´t we see tons of overtaking every weekend???
    Max was coming with DRS and did he pass Seb? No, so why do you think it is that easy? As seen in the comment of Leclerc it is not so easy to follow the one in front to be near enough without ruining your tires. So when even Charles had the impression Seb was faster, why do you call it whining when Seb points that out?
    Seb did nothing wrong yesterday but still people bang on him...

daytona355 likes this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I couldn't agree more !

This isn't racing anymore, but a choregraphy orchestrated from the pitwall.

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    There was a load of overtaking in Bahrain. Max did just manage to pass Vettel under DRS even with a big power disadvantage ,but couldn't make it stick.

Leclerc was royally shafted by his 'team', that is the only way Vettel could finish on the podium.

william likes this.
  7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And how many overtakings did you see by identical cars on identical tires? Max was able to get there because his tires were on temperature and Sebs were fresh...

daytona355 likes this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    They should put this guy in Vettel's car .

william likes this.
  9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    william likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Now in front of Leclerc, Vettel could not keep up the pace his team-mate had when he was in front - he was lapping in the mid-one minute 39s, while Leclerc had generally been in the high 38s. Leclerc sat behind, just a little bit further back than Vettel had been behind him.

DF1 and william like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If Leclerc was faster that moment, why didn´t he just "drift by" with DRS enabled? :rolleyes:

Jean-Pierre Marchand likes this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Because he had just been told to let the special one past!

He then told the team that he was losing time and what now ?

Team say 'we are looking at it '

13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    "The special one", formerly known as "Psych"... I am glad that you are so objective :rolleyes:
    Fact: apart from Bahrain Charles was NEVER faster than Seb...

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I hope the Italian media today crucify Binotto for this stupid team order.
    They like to comment on the Scuderia's performance after each race, and analyse them in detail.
    Binotto took the steam out of Leclerc for the rest of the race, IMO.
    What's the point of trying, if you are sacrificed ?

DF1, Ferrari 308 GTB and G. Pepper like this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2019/04/15/ferrari-have-made-mess-decision-favour-sebastian-vettel-charles/

This is the UK version ..i would imagine the Italian version will be similar.

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Except in Melbourne ,when he made up 12 seconds on Vettel ,yes Vettel had problems and was SLOW but they still ordered Leclerc to stay behind .

They might as well tie one arm behind his back or put blinkers on him.

william likes this.
  17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    All views on the team orders/Seb/Charles affair are subjective and academic until we find the speed in the car to take on Mercedes.

18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    How reasonable :rolleyes:

19. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I say hog wash. I like Leclerc as much as anyone, but He's in his 2nd year of F-1. Vettel is 4 x WDC etc.... and Ferrari can and should implement team orders on the driver they think / want to be World Champion. If Leclerc over the season just simply drives away from Vettel then they can change that ... but I did not see Leclerc pulling away from Vettel .. they were at best in lock step. Ferrari have to work to get Vettel a better car one that he can feel fully confident in. I also hope Ferrari will not fall into believing that Leclerc is going to be a world champion this year... because that is a huge long shot... the same thing happened with Prost and Alesi.... and Alesi in the end was not able to deliver against all the hype, and Ferrari pushed out Prost for telling them reality.

This article is just stirring up problems.

Leclerc is doing great - he needs to settle in ... ignore the press as much as possible and learn from Vettel and the team... I do see him able to be 3-4th in the championship this year, which is great.

635CSI and P.Singhof like this.
  20. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Not really. They've already left points on the table by not letting them race.

Ferrari 308 GTB and william like this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The Telegraph article is very good. Thanks for that.

I really would like to be a fly on the wall during post-race debriefing at the Scuderia and listen to the arguments.
    We miss that now that everybody is trained to be very PC during interviews, but I guess that in private, the expletives must fly !

kandi likes this.
  22. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, for Binotto it was a smart move: everybody is talking about who should have ended third instead of about why we can't finish first. Jeez, give me a break.

I'm more worried about that front wing. Does it work or not?

furoni likes this.
  23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep, Australia Vettel was miles ahead until his problem.

Nortonious likes this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ferrari is not doing itself any favour by deciding who should be world champion. Racing should decide that.

What matters is today's form of Leclerc and Vettel.

Vettel cannot rely for ever on his 4 WDCs to get preferential treatment, not should he be favoured for that.
    That's all in the past, when he was in his early 20s, and a lot of water has gone Under the bridge since.
    It looks very much that Vettel is already a fading star, witness the many mistakes he makes on the track.
    Vettel is older now, a family man, and his hunger is less; it's the same for Kimi.
    What matters is Vettel's speed and racecraft TODAY, not 10 years ago.
    This has to be tested against Leclerc's, not by holding the Young driver back.

If Vettel feel "protected" somehow, why should he push?
    And if Leclerc is restricted, why should he try ?
    Both issues don't serve Ferrari very well.

cairns likes this.
  25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Bas, please do not let get facts in your way... we have such a nice Seb bashing going on at the moment ;)
    PS: without Seb Ferrari would have won numerous WDC and WCC in the last years, just as they did before with Alonso... oh wait...

maulaf likes this.