Now you all go buy a Tesla! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Now you all go buy a Tesla!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by kevin1244, Apr 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Owned P85+ when it first came out. Was sold within 48 hours. Never again.

2. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    ShineKen, Wade, paulchua and 2 others like this.
  3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Apart from the ridiculous price the closest Ill get to a Tesla is when im driving my 488 GTB . Like the other week end where a Tesla was between me and a Mustang at the lights We started to rev our engings ( just a bit at the Tesla ) when the owner of the Tesla rolled down his windows and started to voice as loud as he could Varrrrrroooooommm . We all just laughed :)

Maybe the all electric cars are ok for USA where you have NUCLEAR PLANTS , but down here in Aus we rely on coal which will create a bigger carbon foot print if we went full electric

4. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    Daily drive a Model S, drive my wife’s Model X on weekends when the family is with me, and take the 488 when I’m alone. Best of both worlds. For the vast majority of my trips I have a blazingly fast, safe car, which while not exactly dynamic, gets the point a to point b job done great. When I want to have fun, hop over a garage stall.

Have never understood the hate for Teslas from some petrol heads. I hope these amazing gas cars never go away but it doesn’t mean I can’t recognize how awesome EVs are in the meantime.

I’ve been debating dumping the Model S for two years and haven’t found a better daily driver, so it’s still chugging along, maintenance free.

paulchua and sampelligrino like this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Spot on.
    Picked up a new S as there was nothing better to replace it.
    Keep trying to talk myself into a Lusso but no real use.

6. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    The only question for me is if the Taycan will be superior in every fashion except for the supercharger network, so I’m keeping my eye on that. But it’s hard to get the little things right so I may wait a generation.

7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There have been some ride-along reviews and they said the backseat is much smaller than a Panamera, so I don't think it can be a real replacement in terms of space and utility. If you just need a two seater and rarely use the trunk/cargo space, I guess it would work.

The biggest thing it lacks though is autonomous aides, or at least I haven't heard of much. Autopilot is still massively ahead of all the other consumer choices. That alone makes the Taycan non-competitive IMO. If I want to drive, I'll buy a fun car. If I just want to get from A to B, I'd rather just have as little interaction as possible.

FFan5 likes this.
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If you absolutely must drive an electric car, get the taycan or one of Audi's or so's offerings.

I've been following the Tesla saga for a while now and I'm amazed by what it's fans tolerate. Tesla quite literally only cares about you right until the moment you've given them your money.

Try getting a deposit back. Try get a part. Try and get a Model 3 delivered that isn't damaged or has an amazing amount of wear and tear for a brand new car that most definitely didn't get it's miles wiped after it was lemon law'ed by the previous owner(s).

I find it hilarious anyone even dares recommending one or are still defending that arrogant **** Musk and Tesla. It's an awful company. It's as if people forget there's other EV manufacturers about.

The company is about to go belly up and you'll be holding a very expensive bag/paperweight.

technom3 likes this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Try getting that BMW fixed...same for all MFGr's, Bas.

My two Model S PD's flawless, not a day out of service. We have about 11 of them

Taycan...I like the look, and it will have a great interior compared to Tesla (their weakness for sure). But non competitive on tech, speed, range, network.

I love this new era of brilliant elec cars that blow doors off everything else, yet we have unprecedented 750hp+ sports cars everwhere! Something for everyone for sure these days.

10. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    Everything has its plusses and minuses. Taycan == Porsche dealership network, which btw, is why I'm on this forum. Ridiculous games for getting a GT3. By the time they finally deigned to sell me one at MSRP, I had ordered the 488.

Tesla == quality issues, for sure. My Model S has been flawless (from 2014) but I got one of the first Model X's through a connection at Tesla -- what a mistake. The first year it was in the shop for like 90 days over that year. However, Tesla went out of their way to fix everything (and even fixed my parents' falcon wing door when it opened into the roof of their garage, gratis, despite it being their fault). Since that first hellish year, haven't had a single thing go wrong with the X and it's a great car to drive and for kids.

Ferrari == battery issues / electrical system problems. It's absurd how even with a tender these batteries don't last.

It's just a matter of picking your poison. The Tesla and Ferrari poison, to me, taste the best right now so I'm all in.

11. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    My experience has been the exact opposite. Tesla cares way more about me post-delivery than any other car I've had. My Model S has gotten significant new features added via a software 5 years after I bought it. Only thing BMW care about 5 years after I bought my last one was selling me a new car.

I had two issues with my Model S and both times they sent a flatbed out to my house, picked up the car and dropped off another Tesla loaner. Best service I've ever had.

I had a deposit on the Model 3, canceled it because I decided it was too small for me and I was going to just get another S. Had my refund within the week.

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You're one of the lucky ones then. Trawl the Tesla forums.

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    And BMW and Merc and Nissan forums...all the same.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Except there really wasn't any until very recently. The cars you talk about are barely even in production. Heck, one isn't even in production and won't be for some time still.

1. The Taycan doesn't even exist.
    2. The Etron has reportedly got mediocre range, much slower straight line performance, weighs like 80000 lbs yet is only the size of a Q5, and doesn't have any good driving tech like Autopilot.

Don't know where Tesla will be 10 years for now, but right now they are better than all other EVs by a mile.

15. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Tesla and Ferrari are rather similar. Niche market, rabid fan base, small company problems, extremely loyal owners, once a customer always a customer (with exception of course), leaders and true innovators of their respective markets, stubborn to a fault and fully committed to focused excellence.

Ferrari’s focused excellence is the engine and everything else secondary. Tesla’s focused excellence is the software and self driving. Neither advertises. Neither has to. Both plagued at times with production problems.

Are Musk and Enzo all that different? Both passionate, both egocentric, both felt (very strongly) that they knew better than their customers ... neither willing to budge or to entertain ideas that countered their own.

Lots of differences too, of course, but like Ferrari, Tesla made an indelible impact on the industry. And, like Ferrari, has struggled and will likely continue to do so. Final chapter yet to be written of course. Seems to me that Elon is following Enzo’s playbook ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tritone likes this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    not even close. And I don't know of any BMW's or Nissan's that leak water when it's a bit rainy outside, it's undercarriage falls apart because you drive through a puddle, has panel gaps so large one could get in without opening the door.

Tesla could survive after musk is dumped, they file for bankruptcy and someone buys the scraps.

Taycan does exist and will be on the market by end of year. E tron has almost identical range to Model X. Why do people care about performance in a car made to save the environment? Hypocritical or pointless, your choice.

If you guys want to drive a Tesla be my guest but do your research well, especially about the financials of the company (you really don't want to buy a 100 grand car from a company whose future is uncertain, do you?). And have a look at twitter and see what sort of nonsense ''stable genius'' Musk will post this week, who will he call a peado, who will he call ''paid by big oil'' for posting a truthful article about Tesla (even if the writer in question has a long history of pro-Tesla posts). He's in meltdown again this week.

Remember, when a company is constantly compared to ilk such as Theranos that's not a great thing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever likes this.
  17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Sure, ok.

Only Tesla has issues. Got it.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  18. Zombies

Zombies Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    I have always been so curious about the amplitude of people’s invective or joy about ... companies. What did Tesla do to these folks? It’s a corporation that manufactures a product.

Somehow if you purchase that product you have a massive agenda. You can’t simply want to minorly help the environment, or just want a fast car, or whatever other rational reason drove you to buy the car.

I don’t attack people who bought Nissans because Ghosn was stealing money. If a Tesla isn’t for you great, don’t buy one. It’s not destroying or saving the world. It’s just a car company.

19. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I bought TSLA at 80 and sold at 240.
    I bought RACE at 43 and sold at 130.

I like both companies very much. Their cars are good too. (Autopilot is a must for city dwelling Americans)

20. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    no no they are not the same at all