550 Too Good to Be True? | FerrariChat

550 Too Good to Be True?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Redrrari, Apr 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    I am always amazed at the knowledge of F Chat members in this forum. There is a 2000 gated 550 with 16,000 miles for sale at Ferrari Long Island. The car checks most of the boxes for me i.e. modular wheels, shields, and diamond shelf. The price seems too good to be true at $95k compared to other similar vehicles I have seen for sale. The VIN is ZFFZS49A8Y0121554.

I have just started looking at these vehicles because I love how they look so I do not know a lot about 550's or what I need to look out for with older model years. In other words, I don't know what I don't know.

Any thoughts on this vehicle in particular would be greatly appreciated.

2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It says sold and doesn’t show up when you look at their inventory. Probably a car that was for sale several years ago when prices were lower? Where did you see it listed?

3. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    Car Guru

4. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    Crave Luxury Auto out of Houston has a 575M Maranello 6 Speed Manual Conversion. Does this mean the car was not originally gated? Would anyone go on the website and let me know if the rims are original to the 575?

5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Looks like a good car. The luggage, under trunk cover is not original but might work well for you. The Novitec rims are also not original, but is attractive to many. I would prefer black, red or blue leather over Couio on a silver car, but it is a matter of personal taste.

6. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    Thanks F456M. Car looks nice, but I think if I am going to get a 20 year old Ferrari, I am going to want it with original Ferrari parts.

F456M likes this.
  7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The parts for the manual conversion are all OEM Ferrari. NF2 wheels are Ferrari only aftermarket and easy to sell for about the same price as 18" Ferrari 575M wheels. Interior work is tastefully done and she has FHP and Daytonas. Probably pretty expensive, though.

Jürgen Geisler likes this.