Sold - 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello TDF Blue/Cuoio 27,300 miles | FerrariChat

Sold 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello TDF Blue/Cuoio 27,300 miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Vintage12, Apr 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Selling my 550 Maranello and thought I would place it here for Ferrari chat members before going on the bay at end of the week. First offer of $125,000 takes the car.

Barchetta 18” Modular wheels, Tubi exhaust

All service records since new

Complete tool kit, Ferrari cover, all keys and fobs

SW Florida. PPI welcome.

PM me if you are interested. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F50gta, gt4me, RWP137 and 3 others like this.
  2. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    The car is in especially nice condition for the year. The exterior paintwork shows well with no notable marks or blemishes. The glass is all original Ferrari Sigla and is clean throughout. The 18” Barchetta modular wheels are in excellent condition with no rash or marks of any kind, the Michelin Pilot Sport tires have around 2,000 miles on them. The interior is fitted with the blue leather dash and tan leather seats, all switchgear has been corrected by Sticky-no-more, the leather is tight and clean throughout with the exception of some wear starting on the drivers seat bolster piping. Carpets, door cards, headliner are all in excellent condition. All gauges and electrics work perfectly.

Amongst the extensive service records, many of the more common 550 issues have been taken care of including:

- Fuel Tank valve seals, vent hoses and vapor shields (7/17)

- Electric Window regulators & alignment (7/17)

- Sun Visor droop repair (3/17)

- A/C compressor & drier (6/16)

- Alarm siren (6/15)

- Brake rotors and pads front and rear (5/15)

- Major Belt service, Cam seals, valve cover gaskets (3/14)

- Lower ball joints (3/14)

- Engine Mounts replaced (11/13)

- Front and Rear shocks and actuators replaced (11/13)

- New Fuel Pumps (06/11)

- Sticky-No-More repairs Switches, Vents, Panels (06/11)

By age, the car is due a belt service in 2019. The last major belt service was in 2014 at 25,064 miles or approximately 2,000 miles ago. The car will be sold with a fresh oil & filter service.

crinoid likes this.
  3. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Il Tifoso and crinoid like this.
  4. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Are you sure that is Cuoio leather? It appears tan in the photos.

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Yup, that's tan.

6. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    #7 Vintage12, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019
    I’m very pleased you raised this question. Had always understood this was Cuoio interior and never really thought much more about it. Well, your question got me thinking so I just called the dealer who sold the car new back in 2000. They kindly looked it up for me and confirm the interior is in fact Beige 4208. It’s blue leather for the dashboard. Colors are fairly accurate in the photos. Now I need to work out how to update my FChat Ad, will be sure to correct for the bay listing. Thanks again.

7. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    OK, not to be a PITA but..... Is the dash binnacle and surround area blue and the console, the rest of the dashboard and door panels black? It kinda looks all black except in the last dash pic pic. LOL

8. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Hey darth550, no problem at all. The photos below might help address your questions. The dashboard, binnacle, steering wheel, visors and center console are all finished in navy blue leather. The door accents and handles are also in blue leather. The headliner is beige and matches the seats. In real life, I agree the beige looks more like a tan, probably developed this darker patina over the years. Anyway, the two-tone interior colors seem to work very nicely with the TDF Blue exterior. Hope this helps.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso, darth550 and Makuono like this.
  9. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Thank you. Yes, I agree that the TDF, blue and tan work well together.

10. vincenzolorenzo

Dec 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    @Vantage12, I am new to the forum and hence can't PM you directly. Could you please PM me so that we can start a conversation? Thanks.

11. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Hello Vincent, Welcome to the forum. What questions can I answer for you on the 550? Regards, Colin.

12. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    Must resist temptation! But I can’t. I’m not an expert on the 550s so please excuse some of these questions. The first, how often does the belt service need to be performed? What is the typical costs of this belt service? Are those the original wheels that came with the car? Thanks.

13. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Hello John,

You know that resistance is useless!

Happy to answer any questions of course. It’s every 5 years according to my shop, some folks go longer with low miles but I don’t recommend that. This car had the last major belt service at 25,064 miles by Ferrari of Tampa Bay in 2014. Even though it’s only been a couple of thousand miles, it’s due in 2019 by age. As to costs, the Ferrari 550 Maranello is somewhat fortunate that it doesn’t need an engine out (unlike an F355 of the same era), having said that some service shops simply change the belts, others do a full major and complete tear down of the heads, cam seals, check guides, replace pulleys, tensioners and more. You want the latter option. Ricambi offers the major service kit part# 550SK for $1300 if you are up to the task. A good independent is probably in the $5-$10K range depending on what is found. I’m getting a quote prepared for my car that I will share with you (supposed to be tomorrow). I do have a service record on the wheels, they were purchased in 2003 by the first owner from the original Ferrari dealer that sold the car. I now have all service records scanned in and available on request (59 pages / 18MB).

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Colin.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  14. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    PPI complete and Sale pending. Thank you all for your interest.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  15. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Someone is about to get a stunning 550, congrats to the new owner!

16. Vintage12

Vintage12 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    SW Florida
    Full Name:
    Colin
    Car is sold. Congratulations to the new custodian and fellow enthusiast. Thank you all again for your comments and interest.

Il Tifoso likes this.