Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by VHlambo580, Nov 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
  2. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Car looks awesome! Can you post a bunch more images please? Keen to see the full tan interior option as much as possible!

3. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
  4. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The car is sabia which is similar to crema. It’s not easy to photograph. My 488 spider is the classic rosso corsa/crema
    The speakers are indeed black apart from the lower door ones. We left the gear bridge aluminium to match the arc of the speakers.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc and tommygun64 like this.
  5. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
  6. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Looks fabulous! Few quick questions - did you get the Portofino and/488 PPF'd? If so, where? Also love the inside of the garage - particularly the Ferrari sign at the back - where did you manage to source it? (I'm UK based as well!)

7. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The logo came from
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-Cavallino-Rampante-48-Prancing-Horse-5-Ferrari-text-combo/283426978084?pageci=c3173364-c34b-44a6-b50e-049213bb1cee

The illuminated shield

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-sign-lighted-sport-car-garage-racing-Lamborghini-sign-3D/113694816765?pageci=2186bfb3-fdce-4daf-bd63-95786dae0f75#vi__app-cvip-panel

The paint colour was scanned at B&q from marketing literature from a certain car company:)

Both cars were ppf at topaz in London. It’s expensive but worth it..

The wife thinks I’m sad but I’m sure she’s not unique of many wives on this site!! The Portofino is hers though and she loves it!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc, Bmill and tommygun64 like this.
  8. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Has anyone is the US received there Rosso Portofino yet?

9. Divila

Divila Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dimitry
    Hi,
    there is a problem with that color.
    I ordered in Belgium in March 2018. I have also a delay for another six months .
    Maybe for September 2019.
    :(

tommygun64 likes this.
  10. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Stick with it. It’s stunning. I think they have a huge backlog.

11. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Many thanks for the info - will get shopping! Hopefully see you at a UK event in the future

12. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I posted this on the PISTA thread without any response so I thought l would try here.

“As for Rosso Portofino I’m being told it would delay the car 6 months more then normal production. What have others heard?”

13. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    @Gcsdave love your spec, amazing but so out of curiosity why did you leave the bridge metal finish (not carbon). I do love it more that way BTW, specially against the carbon cup holder.

14. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ahhh that’s the wife! We were lucky enough to spec the car at Maranello and girl helping and the wife just put together a great car!
    She looked at the speakers and wanted the gear selector to match the arc of the speaker grills. Hence both metal! The normal boys reaction is carbon, carbon, carbon
    I was skeptical at first but she was bang on!

tommygun64 likes this.
  15. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    They told me today, it is something like final spec plus ~4 months for regular colors, ~5 months for RP, not counting August because the factory closes down for the vacation period.

16. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    @Gcsdave:

Congrats on your two beautiful Ferraris !

I would like to ask, to achieve that Interior Leather Front , did you check both LTDP and LEDP options, or just one of the two?

17. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Still no Rosso cars in the States? They just keep pushing mine back a month at this point. Was May now June. At this point I am just like whatever prob be the last time I order a new Ferrari.

18. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    tommygun64, Russ123 and Gcsdave like this.
  19. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Looks awesome! Hopefully my car will arrive soon. This gives me hope.

Raghu likes this.
  20. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Looks fantastic, just love the colour! My dealer called Ferrari (again!) and mine should arrive early June. I’m not holding my breath though as the date has moved back time and time again over the last 8 weeks. The factory did say there is still a big RP backlog and they are doing about 2-3 each week.

Raghu likes this.
  21. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Raghu likes this.
  22. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Anyone actually pick up there car in the states yet?

23. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
  24. Jay Pierce

Jay Pierce Rookie

Oct 28, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jay Pierce
    Please let us know the options you selected and show us some photos of the interior.

25. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    My interior is standard black which works extremely well with Rosso Portofino. You can see pictures of this combination in the original Ferrari launch videos. I added red special stitching and horses on the headrests. Carbon fiber was limited to the steering wheel, and the exterior rear and front side air ducts which is just enough were it is needed. Calipers, silver to keep the eye on the car. Silver Tachometer inside which I think works better the the more common yellow. I also have ventilated seats and heat shielding windshield for our summer heat. The upgraded JBL stereo is amazing and sounds like a concert hall inside even with the top down. I also went with the upgraded adaptive headlights for our rural roads and folding rear seat for golf clubs. Homelink, electrochromatic mirrors and a few other little things. Amazing car to drive! Lots of fun. Hope you enjoy yours.