SCUD pricing guide | Page 91 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    #2251 plastique999, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    I do know that my friend owned that Scud previously, was a very good car. That car has traded hands many times, my friend joked that CNC probably made $ on it 5-6 times lol. Buddy owned it from around 6k to 12k miles - this was a few years ago.
    If it passes PPI probably still a good car.
    Funny thing is he traded the Scud for a white 458 at CNC and that 458 is also at CNC again!
    I also know the owner of the black Scud owned by a neighboring friend who was a meticulous owner, sad he is selling it. It’s also a unique Scud with CF deck lid and a bunch of nice history with the car.

Sent from my 16M

ShineKen likes this.
  2. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    ShineKen likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I have a buddy interested in checking out both cars probably next weekend. From pics, Black car looks pretty clean. Alot cleaner than the white one. Current owner of the white one didn't seem to take care of it very well. There is a massive rip on the driver's seat. I'll have to see the car in person, but I'm not sure if they can get $190k for it in that condition and a painted carbon rear diffuser. Car also looks like it has yellowing clear bra on half the car?

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    My buddy is actively searching for Scuds and we can say with certainty there are no Scuds for $150k. There aren't even bad Scuds for $160k. The Grigio Silverstone one was an outlier. I don't know what ya'll consider "low" when you say, "I bought low." Low as of right now seems to be $170-180k.

Worst car on the market imo opinion is the Possi Blue one with light gray interior, which seems to be on the market for years. It is a shame, because I think Possi Blue on the Scud looks beautiful. The interior killed the value of that car. Seems to be in excellent condition as well. Maybe someone can take that Scud at sub $150k.

5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    #2256 plastique999, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Aw that’s really too bad. They should really fix the driver seat before displaying it for sale....

CNC did offer an eblast of 2 previous high mile Scuds a month or so ago for $149k. I think those 2 traded or auctioned to somewhere in NorCal?
    View attachment 2694174

Sent from my 16M

ShineKen likes this.
  6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Will respectfully disagree, had the two CNC cars....even have a car advertised here at $165k that I'm sure can be bought for $150k. I think the white one at CNC probably can get bought at $150k. I've thought a lot about the Pozzi blue one.....optioned nice, like the ownership history, like this interior more than a tech fabric one.

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The key word here is "had". CNC "had" two cars at $150k. Grigio Silverstone and the Black one with gold stripes above. Both were immediately bought by a dealer up north and asking $160k. The time has passed for those cars at $150k, unless there are absolutely no buyers for them at $160k. A dealer wouldn't buy at $150k and sell at $150k unless they really had to.

I personally think the white car is a good buy at $165-170k and that's not including the cost to restore it back to normal. There's no way they will come down to $150k from $190k anytime soon. They were saying the car is a "steal" at $190k. I am talking prices "right now" spring/summer peak season, not half a year+ from now. If you have $150k cash right now... only car I think you can get is the Possi Blue one. If the interior was black, I would probably consider trading in for it.

8. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    Yesterday at 8:23 PM New
    My buddy is actively searching for Scuds and we can say with certainty there are no Scuds for $150k. There aren't even bad Scuds for $160k. The Grigio Silverstone one was an outlier. I don't know what ya'll consider "low" when you say, "I bought low." Low as of right now seems to be $170-180k.

Worst car on the market imo opinion is the Possi Blue one with light gray interior, which seems to be on the market for years. It is a shame, because I think Possi Blue on the Scud looks beautiful. The interior killed the value of that car. Seems to be in excellent condition as well. Maybe someone can take that Scud at sub $150k.

9. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007

10. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    You guys weren’t kidding about Ferrari paint. The front end, side skirts, and front part of fenders and rear bumpers of my car has PPF, but the car is a ‘09 and the wrap has a few dings so I decided to remove it and get the whole car wrapped. I was told by several wrap guys that Ferrari paint tends to lift when removing the wrap. The wrap guy that I am using says he has lifted more paint off of Ferraris than all other brands combined. I decided to have my body shop guy remove the wrap while I am out of town so he can respray if needed. Well, paint has lifted off on both bumpers and side skirts. Ugh. He texted me pics. Not good.

11. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Thats how it is. Wait for a year, those fins on thr bumper will start to crack.

But, i still love a scud.

12. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    there's another one at the same seller
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=498026187&zip=78732&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D78732%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D25%26marketExtension%3Don%26modelCodeList%3DF430%26makeCodeList%3DFER%26searchRadius%3D0%26trimCodeList%3DF430%257CScuderia&numRecords=25&firstRecord=25&modelCodeList=F430&makeCodeList=FER&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FER&modelCode1=F430&clickType=otherVDP

13. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    This is why it is good to use a bit of medium grade ceramic coat before putting on a clear bra.

15. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    When I had my bumper reshot, the shop had it under heat lamps for a few days, to ensure complete drying, before installing the PPF. Its all a crap shoot. Some shops say wait at least a month, but I didn't want to drive around for a month and accumulate new stone chips. ;) I've never had paint lift, but have had clear lift before on a BMW and on my Scuderia. Fortunately on the Scuderia, it was on the inside edge of the front fender (size of a nickel), so easy for the shop to blend and not in an obvious location. On my BMW they had to sand and reclear the entire front bumper.

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I just spent about an hour at CNC. They now have 4 Scuds and one 16m. Possi Blu Scud just ended up at CNC. I like the white car the most. It has potential. It does have yellowing clear bra on half the car. I would carefully have it removed by a professional. I think it is beautifully spec'd. Rear diffuser is a painted plastic diffuser, not a carbon one. Car has mostly clear bra issues from what I can tell. It is far from a $150k car. To me, it is a pretty good looking white Scud.

f355spider likes this.
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Holy crap!!!!
    I have PPF on my 16M, been on 5 years...scared to change it out now

Sent from my 16M

18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    This was my friend’s car years ago...glad to hear it’s in decent shape ...has 23k miles?

Sent from my 16M

19. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    I had my wrap guy and the body shop guy get together and take the PPF off the front fenders today. Even with tons of care and technique, paint lifted. Body shop guy verified that it is factory paint and not a respray on my car. It's really quite shocking.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I believe so

21. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    same here. my wrap guy just removed my PPF and a business card size came off. this is AFTER we read about it here, so were extra careful.......

let me know what you decide to do. I am scared to paint then PPF....... but if I repaint the fender, it will get nicked from all the drivings I do. but if I PPF, same thing gonna happen again...

22. Scudria

Scudria Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    I have been away from the forums for a while, but still have my Scud... I have noticed that prices have come down from a few years ago, I guess for now the overall selection of used exotics out there have created this... but what hasn't changed for me is the absolute unique, raw experience I get from driving the Scud over when I drive those other exotics. I have driven the 458, 488, Huracan, R8V10, a few Mclaren's, and while they are great cars with flash, eloquence, and performance, they just don't give the visceral excitement the Scud offers to me. I could afford to get a newer/different exotic, I just don't want to unless it's in addition to my Scud. I have always felt, and still feel I will never sell my Scud.. it's not about the price!. I'm not here to defend the price or claim it's worth more or less than anything else, only that it is something very special that I believe will never be replicated again. Sure I want it to hold it's value, it's human nature.. but in the end I can't take my money with me. I followed my dream, bought one 5 years ago, and have ZERO regrets.

What is there to love about the Scud? Most here know, and if you don't, you haven't driven one. Sure there are good reasons for some NOT to get a Scud (more comfort, better daily drivers, less maintenance, don't like the F1 transmission, etc.) but when you sit in the Scud with all the carbon fiber, aluminum floors, no sound deadening, and fly through the F1 Superfast at full throttle as it violently slams you in your seat as you shift - you are missing out! The 430 screaming at WOT with the valves open is without a doubt one of the greatest sounding motors out there also. I love 458's and have considered trading to one several times, but after a test drive I still prefer the raw experience of the Scud. Without a doubt, I love the Ferrari brand, but I feel like there's nothing else out there besides the CS that is as good of a pure drivers car as the Scud. If I could afford a second Ferrari in addition to my Scud, I'd be very happy with a 458 or 488. But if it's one, and only one, I consider the Scud to be the ultimate Ferrari driver's experience FOR THE MONEY invested.

For those looking at the market, I will say this- it's still a very limited production # car, so don't assume that while there is a good selection for sale right now that this will always be the case. I think we are in an availability bubble right now and while I can't say whether the price will go up or down, I don't think we'll continue to see a large # of them for sale as time continues. But who knows? Follow your heart and not the market and you won't care about price.