F8 Specs | FerrariChat

F8 Specs

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Twosherpaz, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Avia11, Boomhauer, Aliferrari and 2 others like this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not bad - so far for my spec I stick to Grigio Silverstone, standard rims (the same as on 488), shields, carbon driver zone, race seats, and yellow accents (callipers outside, and yellow rev counter, seats strips and stitching inside).

MYF430, arizonaitalian and F140C like this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You want opinions?
    I’ll be honest...a bit boring to me.

Rosey, TR007 and Coincid like this.
  4. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Interesting because it's unusual. But to my eye white doesn't accentuate the lines or bring out the sculpting very well. Argento is the best choice for a light color imho.

Senna1994 and DefunctNeurons like this.
  5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Far be it for me to give advice to someone who has more cars than the sultan of Brunei, :)- but I love the white but the red calipers are not doing it for me. It needs a bit more contrast. The red seems to fade away and blend in a bit too Much.

Also I would either paint he sill under the doors black or get it in carbon as it tends to slim up the car a bit. Maybe Caron in the air vents to break up the body color a bit?

italiafan and F140C like this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I like the white but I agree it needs some contrast such as carbon bits to break up all the white - vents, mirror, rockers. I think the red calipers are your best bet considering the interior trim.

7. Speedy2081

Speedy2081 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2009
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    Black wrapped roof and carbon side sills will give it the right contrast. My 2 cents

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #11 Shadowfax, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Personally I think you can do better than plain old white on this car but your call keeping in mind color is a personal thing.

The red accents look ordinary as a contrast on white vs the yellow which works far better imo.
    So, If white it is to be then I'd suggest doing the roof and sills in gloss nero (for certain), use yellow on the calipers, shields and caps, seat stripes, cavallos, and interior stitch in yellow (as the contrasting accents). Yellow or silver Tacho. Wheels Matt grigio....def not black. Pipes in titanium. Carbon F inner door sills as well as all interior venting, bridge, tach surround, s/wheel etc. You could also do the inserts in nero alcantara - rest of the leather nero.

OTHO if you were intent on doing the red stripe and stitch in the red then i'd keep the exterior contrasts in the yellow (caliper shields caps) not red. This combo still looks nice and and adds a bit more color into the equation to spice the white up. If the nero roof is not your thing then i'd still keep the sills in gloss nero or use CF there, as second choice. GL .

PS add engine bay in CF and premium sound, extended paddles in CF...no question.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Only problem using wrap on these areas is it make the car look 2 cents. When spending this level of money the car needs to look the money.

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    sampelligrino likes this.
  13. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Disagree with white as a good color for...any car! Too many white cars on the road, but even worse is that it hides the beautiful curves of a Ferrari’s body. If you have to do it at least get the pretty pearlescent white on that LaFerrari. Saw it in person recently - has nice depth.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

elevated velocity and Coincid like this.
  14. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #15 tickerhound, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Saw an Avorio 812 with Iroko interior and it was stunning. Maybe that interior would work with white?

tomc and jumpinjohn like this.
  15. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
  16. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Go tailor made and make it a standout. You may want to hang on to this car, there is a reason why they're calling it a tribute.

17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I'd only do white if it was Bianco Italia or Fuji. Of course it's your money not mine.

18. ramy85

ramy85 Rookie

Jul 29, 2012
    Riyadh
    #19 ramy85, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    If so, or for the sake of spurring inspiration, linked is Ferrari’s May 2018 ‘Special Equipment’ brochure.

Essentially a 231-page specification ‘look book’ with numerous white examples across their model range. Your dealer should have more details and an extensive current version.

Brochure:
    https://london-hrowenatelier.ferraridealers.com/en_gb/document/dws.ferrari/download/5b0d10588da12/Special_equipments_brochure_May_2018_light_version.pdf

Special Equipment overview:
    https://london-hrowenatelier.ferraridealers.com/en_gb/explore/personalisation/special-equipment

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Why? I dont know much about the f8, but why would it be more special than any other mass produced mid engine v8?

20. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I presume because those of us in the States have not seen it in the flesh to get a better perspective of how it shows standing next to in. I know when I was in the configuration room going thru different paint schemes,the HD screen enhances the look.....one does not want Color regret.

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The F8 in white looks very ordinary. Bland may be a simpler way of expressing it. Clearly white has become a ubiquitous color choice as it is evidenced by every second car in a mall parking lot. My personal opinion is that a super car is inherently special and the color choice should reflect that. My F8 will be Rossa Corsa. To my eyes, the shape and lines of the F8 are more clearly revealed by red.

ryalex likes this.
  22. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I never have and don't think any time soon, chance to spec a new car..

but those rims are absolutely horrid.. I sure as heck hope another rim option is available for this car.. makes it look like a hotwheels toy..
    I don't understand what the designers are thinking putting these ridiculous rims, same thing on the launch spec 812 superfast..

boobernackle likes this.
  23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Highly subjective and personal, but if I'm going to be driving a Ferrari, I'm not going to try to be stealthy about it. I like yellow for most V8's and red - not necessarily Rosso Corsa - for V12's. That said, my 308 is silver, because it looks better than yellow on that car. White is a no go for me though. I had a white Camry and it was perfect for that car. :)

24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William