599 F1 System - Complete Fluid Service | FerrariChat

599 F1 System - Complete Fluid Service

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by denfpal, Apr 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    I'm getting 2 different stories about this - does anyone know the true facts here?

1. The fluid in the reservoir on the top of the gearbox gets sucked out then topped off with fresh fluid...that’s the only service that can be done on it - minimal cost.

or

2. Complete fluid flush and bleed system - about $80 in parts and $600 in labor.

Thanks, Dennis

2. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Dennis, I own a 599 as well and far be it from me to claim being an expert on these cars but there is a full flush and bleed service indicated. I do not have the info in front of me but I believe every 3 years at the minimum. Good luck ,Mike PS I hope you enjoy yours as much I do mine.

3. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Both however #2 requires the use of a scantool that will run the F1 system.

4. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo

5. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Mike:

Have you had this service done at the dealer and were my numbers realistic - all in at about $700 for the F-1 system full flush and bleed service?

I love my car too! Purchased it 5 years ago with 3,024 one-owner miles (in perfect showroom new condition in every way) - it has every option except luggage and ball-polished wheels. A truly magnificent supercar with all of the luxuries, bells and whistles and creature comforts of a world-class grand touring machine. There is nothing quite like the performance, power and sound of a F V-12; also, the Pininfarina designed body is very beautiful. A good, clean, low mileage 599 in today's marketplace is a real bargain for what you are getting. In 5 years I've only had 2 repairs other than the Annual Services (which are reasonable) - had both fuel pumps and the rear motor mounts replaced. Eventually the V-12 will (no doubt) be disappearing and maybe the 599 prices will start going back up again...only time will tell.

6. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo

7. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo

8. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Have you had this service done at the F dealer and were my numbers posted realistic - all in at about $700 for the F1 full flush and bleed service?

9. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Dennis ,I have not had it done as I have only had the car for 2 yrs. $700.00 seems reasonable to me but as I said I have not been there yet. I tend toward darker colors and found one in Pozzi Blue with ball polished wheels and 6700 miles.My wife loves it as well when we take it on trips.Mike