About to order an 812... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

About to order an 812...

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Corsair66, Apr 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I'm ambivalent about CarPlay. I've had it in other cars and almost never used it. When necessary, I use in-car nav, don't use Siri, and have never used Spotify in my life. I wouldn't mind the expense if I saw the value, but it's just not there for me

I definitely have the carbon wheel with shift lights. I've also ordered some other interior carbon pieces (driver zone, dashboard inserts, central bridge, and cup holder), as I really don't care for the standard plastic bits.

2. heidy3

heidy3 Rookie

Apr 20, 2017
    Hi RJ,
    it was probably a little missunderstanding. I will always love the N/A V12. However in Europ they pull the strings tight about emission. Mercedes has already dropped the V12, so did BMW.
    A fellow porsch 928 driver who works for AMG told me, that the V12 engine ist not able to meet the new emission standards. In Europ their ist the political will to forbid gasoline engines.
    In some European countries they already said no more new cars with gasoline engines as of 2030.
    I dont think it will work.
    Due to that I think the 812 will be one of the last great bella macchina.

JTSE30 likes this.
  3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I know that this is just an opinion, but I don 't even turn on the radio when I drive spiritedly. Why would anyone care for gadgets in a supercar is beyond me.

Thecadster, KenU, JTSE30 and 2 others like this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, the 760Li is still available.

5. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    Those regulators should leave the exotics alone. So few exotic cars are on the roads and, in any event, do so few miles, they make no difference. The focus should just be on numbers -- less than 10,000 V12s a year per brand/manufacturer should be given a total pass.

6. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Nothing the governments do will ever be logical, fair, or reasonable....

Shack likes this.
  7. heidy3

heidy3 Rookie

Apr 20, 2017
    Well you haven´t seen the Green Party in Germany. The youth of the social democratic Party is so much way of life. In a talk show the leader of the young really asked why anybody should be able to have 20 or more appartments for rent. Believe me Germany is going down the drain. The politicans tell the people every body is equal.
    If you don´t have the brain or guts, society will do it for you. I feel sick.
    Yes I had to work for my two Phd´s. And yes I had settle for a long time with little money. But I had the guts and brain. Is there anything wrong with harvesting from it?
    Mrs Merkel worked for the Stasi, and now she is chancellor. That the way she does politics. Im so fed up

marky1 likes this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    You should try being British at the moment. Our whole parliament made a clear promise to the electorate that they would honour the Brexit referendum. When it went the way they didn’t expect they spend the next three years trying to avoid their commitment. If I do that to my customers I’m out of business quicker.

9. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I'm going in tomorrow to leave the deposit for the car and I'm still ambivalent about the lift.

Is the ~1.5" boost really worthwhile? What's the approach angle for the 812 with/without the lift engaged? I'm just not sure how often it might come in handy.

10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'd avoid it on an already heavy car ;)

11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I ordered it on mine. I have it on my F12 currently and it’s saved my butt on several occasions. I’m solidly in the camp of it’s better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. While it costs almost $10,000 (AFS2 - adaptive headlights, are required to spec ELEV), I feel like you get most of it back in the secondary market.

Shack likes this.
  12. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    The car has been ordered. Deposit left yesterday and currently tracking an October allocation for a, hopefully, springtime delivery next year.

The waiting begins... :cool:

LVP488 likes this.