What’s the latest on additional Pista allocations? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

What’s the latest on additional Pista allocations?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, Apr 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    There is one positive regarding the possible 35% new sales rule, you will now have two shots at getting the car, the first is based on YOUR history, and the second is your spouse deciding they want a Ferrari....especially when, like in my case, she kept her maiden name.;)

Jim

09Scuderia and boobernackle like this.
  2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #177 boobernackle, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Based on your explanation (twice now), it seems you're not aware of the definition of the word "essentially".

My original point was regarding efficiencies in manufacturing, which leads to frequent parts sharing and clearly that's what Ferrari is doing with the F8 and Pista engines, among other vital components (essential) chassis. Body panels are easy to redesign and mass produce, since every car will have them.

Let's keep this forum on topic...

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #178 Shadowfax, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    I share your concerns. They are hard to ignore.

I think your dead right, many will give back their Pista allocation rather than accept the nasty hit on whatever they bought to get that allocation. I've deliberated it and I know of others who also have. Fact is F8 changed the game far more than some care to admit. The game has also changed in the past 12 months where the volumes of 488's sold are now making way back to market and it's becoming clearer by the day there simply isn't a secondary market large enough to absorb those cars least of all able to return a respectable price to the original owner.

Due to F8 along with other new models and, with competitor Brands releasing new cars, Pista is highly unlikely to enjoy 458 Speciale's status of appreciating in value, and I personally doubt whether F8 will depreciate much worse than Pista - for obvious reasons. It's now a case where if one buys one of these so called "special cars" one needs to accept it isn't going to appreciate for very long before reality sets in and the $lide - depreciation- begins.

So, for those who go ahead with Pista better make sure you get your good use out of it otherwise it's likely to prove to be a VERY expensive garage queen come sell time. Love to be proven wrong with this prediction - but will be in my interest to be proven wrong.

rob lay, DRYHOLE and JimPVB like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Since purchasing RACE stock 3 months ago, I have now paid for the Carbon Fibre Racing seats, red brake callipers, sport exhaust pipes, shields, carbon fibre race paddles, colored seat belts and alcantara interior on the F8. Maybe by next year, the car itself will be free.

of2worlds, LVP488 and DRYHOLE like this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Sure. Enjoy!

6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    the potential fallacy in the prevailing thinking shared on this thread is that Ferrari doesn't know how to manage its business now that its public....and that their products will become less desirable for various reasons.
    I believe this is totally false.

Of course, they know what they are doing. Ferrari is a LUXURY BRAND and they are managing their products as other ultra high-end brands do. Ferrari is Ferrari. Yes, they make cars like and yes cars could be argued are fungible. What seems to be missing is that Ferrari is far (FAR) more special than any other car brand in the world. Matter of fact, Ferrari is THE most exclusive brand of ANY product in the world. That won't change.

Stop thinking of Ferrari as a sports car. Start thinking of Ferrari as an ultra-luxury brand. That is what they are.

Look at other luxury brands to get an idea where Ferrari may be going. Hermes is a good example. Thankfully Julie isn't into Hermes bags, but we have studied their model. If you want a Birkin Bag from Hermes, 1-2 year wait. To get on the list to get a NEW Birkin you need to have some buying history with Hermes. etc etc.

Read this:
    https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/buying-an-hermes-bag

Here is a blurb:
    A study released by BagHunter in 2017 showed that the value of the Hermès Birkin has increased 500% in the last 35 years - an increase of 14% each year. Investing in a Birkin or Kelly bag is now historically safer investment than the stock market - while share regularly fluctuate depending on the economic climate, the Hermès bag has never lost its value, instead continuing to rise steadily year on year.

Thecadster and 458-Italia like this.