Maserati Khamsin | Page 301 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Don't blame the crash bumpers of the '70's on Nader. That was the US insurance industry.

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Bob it seems you are right alas...

JP yes but the executioner - Nader- cannot claim innocence by lamely stating he was just following orders, in history that excuse has never been deemed valid... But let's stay on topic please.
    He was a very guilty and prominent part of the massively heavy handed campaign by US lawmakers against small European car manufacturers which caused huge financial grief.

porkchopious and boralogist like this.
  3. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Actually for karaoke. :D

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Carmine hope you are well, yes naturalmente Signore, it is for Karaoke with dancing on the roof of the car at top speed (with a harness of course we wouldn't want to take chances now would we;-)

MK1044 likes this.
  5. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello All...

A couple more pics of my car in primer. We are hoping for Monday or Tuesday to have it painted.
    Just a few little things to take care of.. I didn't mention this earlier, but now that we have a solution
    it may be helpful to others.. Both of my door limiting check straps were in such bad shape that both
    doors were opening too much and hitting the pillars. Interestingly, we were able to adapt (after some
    manipulation) the door check straps from an American pickup truck! They appear to be working fine.

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MK1044 likes this.
  6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well done Michael, it appears the guy I paid to steal your bumpers to make the Euro conversion inevitable:D is "stealing" the wrong part in the first photo oh well no good help available these days:confused:;)
    Anyway good luck with the paint work we look forward to seeing the finished result:)

Regarding door stops a very valid point, I have seen a number of damaged door edges because of that, it is a good idea if making a new one to make it a bit shorter.

7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Unless you're a fat ass and need all the space just to get in/out! :p

The one's on my Espada probably broke early on, another Bertone created car. But they quite sensibly also put in a hard bumper backstop so that the door edge would never hit.
    I have new ones which are a nice SS version with new Nylon pieces that have two stopping points as originally intended .

8. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  9. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    We knew about those but they aren't quite the right fit for an Espada. Same idea as the originals though. So an enterprising engineer made something a lot better.
    Did the Khamsin utilize a similar unit as well?
    Both are Bertone so that would figure.

All three of the Later Boras, Khamsin and ALL Espadas utilized the same adjustable passenger foot rest which was probably made in some little shop in Modena. Driver side transmission tunnel rubber guard is identical for and Espada and Khamsin. I got one for mine here in this section!

10. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Sorry I thought as this thread was for the Khamsin my info related to them, however from a quick Google the Espada straps are the same, and Karmann Ghia used them as well

11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Funny ;)

am117au likes this.
  12. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    MK1044 and 010 like this.
  13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    It is spring and the forum is sprouting, great to see all this activity:)
    Today I am seeing several Khamsins and hope that some are as yet unknown to me, will post photos within the next few days.

14. Martin B

Martin B Rookie

Jun 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martijn Baeten
  15. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Martijn...

I might be interested, but need to check mine first.. I won't be able to get to the
    car until next week.. Can I get back to you by Thursday of next week?

Mike

16. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hello Martin, I am very interested in a set even though mine are still in very good condition. I look at this as an opportunity to preserve the original. I am not sure if the sills varied from year to year. Mine is an early '74 (010) and lives in Toronto, Canada.
    Please let us all know the rough cost and timeline. There is no urgency on my side.
    Thank you Martin,
    Richard

17. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Looks good Mike !
    Ivan

18. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
  19. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Thanks for posting this Series1... An interesting car !!! As with anything, all you
    need is money, time, and patience.. This car may need a lot of all three.. But, personally
    I think it is worth saving.. I looked through all the pictures, and am a bit concerned about
    how they lifted this car up in order to shoot the underneath pictures.. I don't think it's a
    good idea to lift the car by the rear of the floor pans, as shown...

Mike

20. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Oh my ... where do they find these things !

"and includes some miscellaneous parts" ..... translation: "the previous owner removed parts and we have no earthly idea where they go"

"tremendous potential " ...... translation" "guaranteed to cost you much more than it is worth when done"

As Mike said ... all is need is money, time and patience ... and a lot of money, time and patience !!

Ivan

MK1044 likes this.
  21. abarth69

abarth69 Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mark
  22. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Given all the previous abuse what does it matter? Yikes!
    This one must have spent a lot of time in an "unsecured outdoor environment" that's a euphemism for wrecking yard or field somewhere.

23. MK1044

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    What happened to that poor thing? Sheesh! I would love to believe that Khamsins have acquired a status that would justify the time and money needed to restore this unfortunate creature. But this would be a pure labor of love. Not to mention: a foolhardy endeavor. BHCC is the most audacious peddler of impossible fantasy that I have ever heard of.

24. MK1044

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Good catch. And the jack points are only inches away. This just goes to show what hacks they are.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  25. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011

Take a look at where they placed the lift pads in the front, one appears to be on the oil sump tank.