Berger says Hamilton's is Senna's equal | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Berger says Hamilton's is Senna's equal

Discussion in 'F1' started by ATBNM3, Apr 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You should know better, but you always want to have the last word on anything. You don't know when to let go ...

ATBNM3 and ktu like this.
  2. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I said that I agree with F1 Divers current and former F1 Bosses current and former and F1 team's current and former over internet drivers and they all have the same things to say about Hamilton and his driving and his career. You can disagree all you want but no major website or F1 media is going to pick up on it. Only here on Ferrarichat will it ever be seen.

ktu and william like this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I see, now it is all my fault...
    But still I think it is funny that your last post saying comparisons of drivers are useless is liked by the one who started this thread with an article about a comparison. Makes we wonder whether some actually read and understand the posts they like or whether they simple like it because it was written by xyz against zyx...

daytona355 and fil like this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You see, you are doing it again !

You always want to beat your opponent into submission like it was a wrestling contest , and have the last word.

For you a forum is open warfare. Just relax and let go ...

ATBNM3 likes this.
  5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The phrase he'd talk a glass eye to sleep, springs to mind ;)

I believe that fundamentally most of Hamilton's detractors cannot deny he is a very good driver, they can fill there boots laughing at what he wears/says/acts ect. but surely not how he drives a F1 car. Now Berger has now put him on a level with Senna, well yes that will rattle some cages for sure as I stated earlier on, but it is his respected and more than qualified opinion, obviously not everyone will agree, however I'd be interested to see if anyone thinks he is totally overrated, or lets say a poor driver that just gets lucky....

Surfah, cairns, ktu and 2 others like this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The problem is that this is a Ferrari forum, and Hamilton is seen as the enemy, so any praise is misplaced, perhaps.
    But the moderators are fine with that as long as there is no trolling, explétives, personnel attacks and so on.
    I remember that Vettel was villified on Ferrarichat when he was winning his titles at Red Bull, and beating Ferrari.
    Since he joined Ferrari though, he became quitte accepted, and some defend him in spite of really poor driving last year that cost his team the championship, IMO.
    Everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt, and we should all be more mature anyway; an opinion is just that, an opinion.

kraftwerk and ktu like this.
  7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And you do not think that this point is left behind when stuff like this comes up
    And remember: you LIKED that...
    So please do not behave like you virtuous people only mention their opinion until the "vitriol unhinged" come by and destroy this holy forum.
    By the way: did you realize that "the wizer one gives in" is normally the favourite sentence of the "less intelligent"? That way they can still feel superior when they ran out of arguments or ideas ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The F1 section as far as I'am aware is for fans of all marques, which is great IMO, if you can find something everyone agrees on, it's bound be wrong besides the fact it be really boring..:)

But agreed I like to read the forum without child like comments.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You never give up, do you ?

Most people don't feel the need to prove their intelligence: only the insecure tries to.

Now go and smell the coffee ...

ATBNM3 likes this.
  10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So you and your buddy go on and on and then you complain "you never give up, do you".
    You blamed me in your super pm that I would like to censor opinions but to me it looks like you try to silence other people...It is also interesting that you guys now left the part of the discussion that consists of arguments and facts behind you to go for a general rant about the forum and the "childish comments" of other people and the unfair treatment of Lewis in a Ferrari-driven forum. Also the cloths of Lewis are mentioned although they were NEVER part of the discussion but that does not keep you guys from doing so, it also did not keep you from mentioning Schumacher or Seb in this thread.
    But yes, maybe it is my fault: we have been told often enough that Lewis attracts new viewers, some of them educationally alienated, maybe I should be less surprised that those also find their way over here in the times of google....

daytona355 likes this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    To William and Singhof

Give it a rest, will you !!

Neither of you is going to convince the other one to change his opinion, so this argument is utterly pointless.

cairns and william like this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    LOL
    You are right. I'll stop there.
    I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

ktu likes this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah we will save it until the next F1 driver says Hamilton is great

14. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Winning the championship wasn’t an achievement for Nico?.... what the **** will you say next in your quest to try to swing everyone Elton’s way? ****ing biggest lot of bollocks I’ve ever heard, and that’s saying something the way you Elton fans bang on

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And what about the ones like Max who say he isn’t.... gonna argue with him, even though he is a current f1 driver?

16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I don't recall Max saying Ham is not a F1 great, post the link.

17. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Max Verstappen is all you've got lol! Oh yeah great example...

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Give it up, you bore me

19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Likewise

ATBNM3 likes this.
  20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Why am I not surprised that the current F1 drivers opinion does not count all of the sudden :rolleyes:

daytona355 likes this.
  21. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    1 current F1 driver who's currently trying to prove himself to be the best lol! I'm not going to re-list all the drivers who think he's one of if not the best.

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    For the record, there is no evidence of Max saying if Ham is a all time great or not.... .ok carry on

ATBNM3 likes this.
  23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Max was asked what the differece is between Lewis and the rest... his reply: "The car"...
    When you say that he is mentioning this out of own interest then you should ask yourself why Alonso praises a guy he could not beat in points in his rookie year ;)
    F1 drivers opinions are only good as long as they suit your "point" :rolleyes:

fil and daytona355 like this.
  24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Berger now drinks more than when he was racing.

fil and daytona355 like this.
  25. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #175 ktu, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    I don't have a problem with Max's point, he is talking specifally about last years hybrid car, not his whole career. Thats all he commented on. So what he said does not conflict with other drivers saying he is a great. In fact i don't think he was asked at all if Ham is a great or not. If i remember the article correctly, he choose 2 other current top F1 drivers and said they can win in the Merc. Some would say the same that Hakkinen or Villeneuve could've won in the Ferrari. I'll wait to see his thoughts on Hams whole career

ATBNM3 likes this.