Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 59 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    Absolutely! Thank you! :)

Thank you! I think dry cleaning is fine! Lol!

2. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Congratulations RL.
    Nice car. I have those gangsta wheels as well.

3. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    Awesome! Thank you. Which wheels do you have?

4. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  5. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
  6. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I would place a premium on an 04. Great get RiChris!

7. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    I thought the same! Thank you

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    What are the other ways to wear loafers??

9. gav360

gav360 Rookie

Aug 27, 2018
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gav 360
    Congratulations Richris1!

I bought my first Ferrari 7 months ago and absolutely love it. It’s a red 360 and also came with the black gangsta/pimsta wheels! Everybody I met loves them. So do I, so take the personal opinions expressed by a couple here as just that and see what other people say.

To be honest, I did have one close friend mention he has never been a fan of black(and that’s fair enough, people choose different colour cars because tastes vary), but that represented about 1% of all comments I’ve had about my wheels. The other 1% was a mechanic who suggested if I sell it I might get more if I paint them silver again.

However
    A) I don’t think I will sell it...EVER. I will only add more models to my collection.
    B) if I did sell I would keep them black anyway, based on feedback to date.

Either way I trust you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. It’s all about driving on the windy roads (and you will be looking out of your Ferrari windscreen)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    Appreciate the wishes! Thank you! The black wheels DEFINITELY set it off, really make the calipers jump out! I really love the yellow accents on the black. I love the red, yellow and black 360’s. Even the salesman, mgr, etc....at the dealer rave about the 360’s classic lines. Such a beautiful, timeless Ferrari!

11. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Kevin Rev'n likes this.
  12. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    Well, it sold for $82.5k (not sure if that's including BP) and maybe fair for a higher mileage clunker with issues. But definitely a floor model. Interesting that the 550 Lot K191 only sold for $99k; didn't research that car but price seems quite low. And that the other 550 Lot F54 did not sell.........and, that Lot U36 360 Spider F1 sold for $115 with last service in 2014 but possibly because of that ridiculously low "believed to be" <2000k mileage?

13. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Hammer was $75,000 + 10% Mecum BP = $82,500

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I don't know if it was a "clunker" but it ha 46k on it. It was on ebay prior to going to Mecum.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Ferrari-360-Modena-/303019846607?hash=item468d63ebcf%3Ag%3A5swAAOSwkFZcOMpS&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=xWJH0oKfEHOacPzaxqG45MSusI0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Trouts10 likes this.
  15. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am woefully out of date with how the market is but it is notable that I only see one gated coupe for sale on Ebay. I think this one was available for a set price for a while but didnt sell so they are trying the auction route this time around.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Ferrari-360/133026659308?hash=item1ef901bbec:g:3w8AAOSwW4hcuK6r

Is it two gated spiders that I see here too? That's not a lot of cars.

whoops missed this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-360-Modena/163317687167?hash=item26067e237f:g:GvQAAOSwcyVcpXmh

16. sammyf

sammyf Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Red one is a “6 speed manual autoshift” - clicked through the pics and it’s definitely F1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Good catch. I don't care if it says "manual" I always check the interior pics, because a lot of F1 cars are marked as manuals.

18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    they're scarce. hopefully they keep demanding top dollar.

19. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
  20. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    In my opinion, the 360 coupe looks perfect in yellow with CS rims and rear grill.

velocegiallo likes this.
  21. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
  22. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Unfortunately the car has been repainted and was a color change! Otherwise I have a client who would have bought it about a month ago. Nevertheless, seems like it was a well maintained car and current owner has certainly spent a lot of money keeping it in tip top shape.

23. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
  24. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    The thing with manual 360's is that this is a true exotic car with a feature that separates it from the rest, a manual gated shifter and prices will rise as these cars become more rare every day. I was looking at normal guy super car and he just bought a 458 I believe. He sold the F430 for it which seems normal but if we think about it there us a handful of other manufacturers making vehicles that are as fast or faster than a 458. Yes the design is gorgeous but there is nothing special about a dual clutch vehicle. The other day I was test driving a E63 S wagon and thought I could easily smoke a F430. Porsche's, Aston's, Bmw, everybody has technology to beat the other but where is the excitement? A 6mt.

vrsurgeon and Dewinator like this.
  25. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX

I concur with this assessment. If you want an "event" car... the gated 360 is tough to beat. I recently tried trading my euro 360 to the local dealer for an F12 and we couldn't come to terms (in addition to being a euro, mine is highly modded so not Ferrari dealership material) therefore I ended up keeping it and adding a Cali T.

A few weeks into this new experience I am SOOOOOO glad it worked out this way for me. As with many here, there are a couple of cars that I sold and then terribly regretted afterwards. I almost found myself in that situation again. My good wife convinced me to hang on to it and either buy a Cali T or an F12.

I’m actually really happy with the Cali T. Sure, it is no F12 (nothing comes close to a NA V12) but for my purposes (daily-ish driver street car) the Cali T is much more practical. Plus the cockpit is more user friendly with the central mounted infotainment and of course there is the dual nature of the retractable hard top. (Which I am enjoying more than anticipated!). The latest cars are very different from just a few generations ago. For my purposes, I think one from each of the “modern” generations is a great combination. Now I just need a 550 and and F12 (or 812 SF if I wait long enough). :) Shoot, I would even highly consider the FF to check the modern V12 box but that’s another story.

Now that I have some seat time in the Cali T it has really made me appreciate the 360 that much more! There are just SO different even though they are only 15 years apart. The dual clutch transmission and 560 hp and 557 torque from the turbo motor puts the Cali T in a different league performance wise. (Did you know a Cali T does 11.3 in the quarter mile?). The car just pulls and is a lot of fun to drive quickly... honestly I could not imagine that car with a manual gearbox, it just doesn't fit the purpose and performance. My only complaint about the Cali T is that it should have a RACE mode instead of just Comfort, Sport and everything off. Otherwise I find it nearly flawless.

The real difference is all about the emotions and driving experience. Yes, pushing the start button on the California T is fun and it sounds pretty good (here is where an F12 blows the Cali T away, not even CLOSE to the same experience)... but then I just put down the top and drive it to work as if it were a new 911 cabrio or Mercedes SL. Sure, with the Italian styling and acres of leather you know you are in a Ferrari rather than the German cars, but there is no more compromise in the daily driver department with this “chick car”. It is a great GT and ridiculously practical for what it is capable of. Those who have tracked them seriously sing their praises and I’m sure the car is way better than me… and I have had a racing license for 20 years so I’m not exactly a novice driver.

By contrast, the 360 is much MUCH more of an event. I usually have to unplug the trickle charger before a drive in the 360 because it has probably been sitting for a few weeks. (I don’t cover it that much, I like to sit in my garage and drink a glass of wine while looking at my cars about once a week so the 360 stays uncovered most of the time, but taking the cover off is another awesome ritual.). After sliding into the racing seat I press the alarm button to wake the car up. Then you gaze down at that beautiful gated shifter in the 360 and know you are in for a treat. Personally I think it looks much better than the gated shifter in the 430 which looks "tacked on" in my opinion. The 360's shifter looks perfect on the silver center console. Then I turn the key, no starter button here (or any buttons save horn) on the classic leather steering wheel, and the car roars to life. (My neighbors regularly tell me they know when I am taking the "blue car" out for a spin.). After a minute to let the car warm up I depress the clutch and grab that beautiful metal shifter and gently place the cold transmission into reverse.

At the bottom of my driveway I put the car in first and slowly let the clutch out to get it moving. At this point the transmission is too cold to easily go into second and therefore I go straight to 3rd and putt as quietly as I can down the street in my neighborhood as the car warms up. After a mile I climb up a steep hill to leave the neighborhood, that climb allows me to rev it up to about 4500 rpm and hear that amazing naturally aspirated Ferrari V8 open up a little bit as it is starting to warm up. By the time I get to the first stoplight and get ready to hop on the freeway the car is warmed up and the transmission is silky smooth. As the light turns green I take a left (or right) and click-clack the car up through the gears, usually with a nice explosion from the exhaust between 2nd and 3rd when I shift near redline for the first time. THIS is why you own a 360 with a manual. Fastest car on the road? No where close in 2019 terms of performance. Smiles per hour??? Up there with the best of any car I have experienced.

At today's prices I think they are a steal. A true gateway car in my opinion. That shifter would look at home in almost any classic Ferrari. The styling will absolutely stand the test of time. The performance is fantastic, especially for the street. Today's high performance cars are ridiculous and way too much for the average driver. (Thank GOD for all the electric nannies they come with today or there would be carnage all over the streets.) For my tastes, the 360 is a perfect car to buy, drive and hold. It is a reliable “instant classic” that you can drive as much as you want because it will never be incredibly valuable.

For the purpose of adding data and opinions to this thread, I got lucky and bought mine for $64K with 13,500 miles in 2012 when the economy was still recovering. We recently had a discussion about the trade/private market value of my now 22,000 car on another thread and it is pretty interesting to look at some of the responses. Some suggested as low as 40K because it is a modded euro! It seems that good ones today (I mean REAL good ones, US Spec/no mods/no miles/current maintenance) are $100K+ with top models in the $125ish range. There are probably very few of those left. Shoot, my car is low-ish miles and maintained to the highest standard but somewhat "worthless" on the private market.

Ferrari Buyers are a weird bunch, if I was in the market today I'd be on the lookout for something like mine again. Amazing condition and ready to go but already whored out for most buyers tastes so the fear of mileage, usage and wear and tear don't really matter. But mine isn't for sale... this one is a keeper. I don't think the gated 360 experience can replicated anywhere in the automotive kingdom for twice the price.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login